IGNORED

Flags

Super

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Hi folks. 

Just wanted to put a couple of things straight. 

Prior to the Man U game, S82 were liaising with the club in the hope of the club putting some funds toward a stadium-wide display. The idea we put forth was to have all stands saturated with red & white foil flags. Unfortunately, the club could only muster a budget of £500 at that time, so this was effectively a non-starter. 

Hats off to @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO who has been in regular contact with S82 since his arrival and has grasped the theory of such a display and taken it forward. Somehow Matt has managed to persuade someone at the club that this sort of thing is worth more than their previous £500, so very well done Matt. 

Matt has taken up the mantle, organised the purchase and the setting up of the display, whilst we in S82 will continue to do our normal bits. 

So, whilst yes this is a club-funded and club-organised display, this has been in complete consultation with S82, and indeed was what we wanted for the Man U game. For those who worry about those clappers and other god-awful things, please rest assured. Whilst S82 are in consultation with Matt, that sort of rubbish will never happen. 

Well done to our new SLO on this one. 

Loving this new S82 and SLO relationship, hats off to both parties for all you do! 

27 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Are they arranged in a certain patriotic pattern which may, or may not, offend certain “international” viewers?

Alternative red and silver unless the wind gets them tonight! :blink:

2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Finally got round to getting my own flag printed, something I can take home and away with the brother on our travels from Plymouth! What's the best way to hang these, I don't stand in S82 (unfortunately) but how easy is it to get in there to hang the flag and retrieve after? 

Finished article attached below, it's a fairly decent size too. Very happy with it!

IMG_2919.JPG

Fan tradition was Ernie should be not be alongside the crest as one of the ideas behind it was to support bring back the Robin (rip Grizz). it was designed to red white and black in a nod to the past when the Robin was used on red white and black kits. good colours used and the Angry Robin is not pointing left which has been seen!!!

Finally got round to getting my own flag printed, something I can take home and away with the brother on our travels from Plymouth! What's the best way to hang these, I don't stand in S82 (unfortunately) but how easy is it to get in there to hang the flag and retrieve after? 

Finished article attached below, it's a fairly decent size too. Very happy with it!

IMG_2919.JPG

Awesome.

Going to have to think of a different design for my Wembley flag now!

IMG_2919.JPG

Cracking flag that. 

1 minute ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Someone threw theirs in the Dolman crapper.

I think we know what that meant.

I agree.

What kind of insensitive moron does that though knowing that someone has to fish it out. 

48 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Everything i hate about modern football summed up in one 'initiative'. Just so fake but the sanitisation of football these days has meant this appears to be welcomed. Not for me it isn't.

I agree, and those who reacted to your post with ‘snake’ or ‘rubbish’ probably slagged off the clappers (eg at Leicester) or the vuvuzelas which were around after the World Cup in South Africa.....although, on second thought, they probably loved ‘em!

I pine for the spontaneous, deafening atmospheres of the real East End in the 1970s and 1980s....no such gimmicks would have been tolerated back then....

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I agree, and those who reacted to your post with ‘snake’ or ‘rubbish’ probably slagged off the clappers (eg at Leicester) or the vuvuzelas which were around after the World Cup in South Africa.....although, on second thought, they probably loved ‘em!

I pine for the spontaneous, deafening atmospheres of the real East End in the 1970s and 1980s....no such gimmicks would have been tolerated back then....

Mate took a dinghy in the enclosure for the Forest Semi final. The noise was a thing of beauty.

Now? Crappy bits of tin foil sort of sum up what has been lost.

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Mate took a dinghy in the enclosure for the Forest Semi final. The noise was a thing of beauty.

Now? Crappy bits of tin foil sort of sum up what has been lost.

Too many drinking merlot and shit like that. Get on the cider and enjoy it.....

Archived