IGNORED

Will Man City fly down tuesday morning?or are they already here?

Never to the dark side

12 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

Yeah, I think your right. Quite a lot of teams use the Radisson Blue. Would love to say it was Alpha Guest House on Coronation road though!

Can't believe the 'Alpha's still there!...the worst guesthouse in Europe??..

Apart from that place I stayed in Bordeaux....

14 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Many years ago I saw Paul Weller in the Colston Hall. Drive down the M32 that night behind a blacked out windowed Mercedes with MCFC sticker on it.

5 minutes before support act were due to start out stepped no other than Noel Gallagher.

So if anyone drives to BS3 tomorrow down the M32 behind a fleet of blacked out windowed Mercedes with Noel Gallagher stickers on ‘em chances are it’ll be Pep and the boys :yes:

And for what it’s worth Noel was far better than Weller.....

That would have been 1998, the surrounding pubs and bars emptied when word got about that Noel Gallagher was supporting . 

1 hour ago, jj77 said:

I just saw them all staggering out of the Mandrake when I was on my way to work.

Never did my performances any harm a night out at the Mandrake . I was just as bad as had I stayed in ! I think it’s called Basement 45 these days.

14 hours ago, bris red said:

I wonder if the team flew and the bus just drove down to ferry them too and from the ground??

I have a friend here in France who's Son drives the Fulham team bus and that is exactly what they used to do (not sure if they still do).  Apparently the bus was also decked out with treatment tables and so on.

49 minutes ago, redapple said:

That would have been 1998, the surrounding pubs and bars emptied when word got about that Noel Gallagher was supporting . 

Was it really? How the time has flown by. I remember him walking out, as most people were still in the bars of the Colsonall and how as people came in and took a double take he confirmed it was indeed him! 

Still say PW is over-rated - and I’ve seen him many times...

Now Colonel Kilgore’s - a real aural pleasure :yes:

Archived