IGNORED

Have we ever been a more attractive club?

Crimson Crayola

Interested to know your thoughts on whether we’ve ever been as attractive as we are right now to:

a: potential new fans?

(What with our cup and league run making us relative household names, combined with attractive style of play and improved infrastructure are we likely to tempt any plastic fans to cheat on their prem clubs?)

b: potential new players?

(as mentioned above our attractive style has earned us plaudits and has seen us up to second in the table, now we sit slightly lower there is clearly space for new additions to make their mark and become heroes. Other than for the money, I’m struggling to think of a more attractive team in the champ at the moment for players on the move & I have my fingers crossed LJ and Ashton can capitalise on this)

I'll put my neck on the block. I was a teenager in the 70's when City were Promoted to Division 1. I followed for years and remember the years when we were mediocre. I remember when we were therabouts but not there. The Division 1 days and the subsequent collapse. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. THIS is the most attractive Bristol City I have ever watched. Would that attract players and new fans? Inevitably!! 

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I'll put my neck on the block. I was a teenager in the 70's when City were Promoted to Division 1. I followed for years and remember the years when we were mediocre. I remember when we were therabouts but not there. The Division 1 days and the subsequent collapse. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. THIS is the most attractive Bristol City I have ever watched. Would that attract players and new fans? Inevitably!! 

I also became a City fan  in the 1970's just after City were promoted to the old Division 1 although I was by then in my early 20's.

We had some great players back then but I agree with you, this current squad is the most amazing group I have ever seen and I think we are going places under LJ. 

Thank you Steve Lansdown for ignoring the noise (not least on here) last season and sticking to your belief that Lee would make a great Manager - sorry I mean Head Coach. 

Tomorrow is going to be AWESOME - whatever the result. 

Archived