IGNORED

What a Charlie.

Roadrunner

Charlie Nicholas' predicts; think Pep will play a strong side as he can make a couple of changes in the FA Cup against Cardiff at the weekend, so I can only see a comfortable Manchester City win, with Leroy Sane and Kevin De Bruyne getting on the scoresheet.

Charlie predicts: 4-1 and De Bruyne to score first

I just love the sheer outrageousness of these ’experts’. 

Granted theyre massive favourites but the lack of research and easy prediction of a win is lazy journalism!

hopefully good old charlie is in for a shock tomorrow night too. 

I dont really like wembley if im honest, but i’ll gladly take another trip there next month!:fingerscrossed:

12 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Charlie Nicholas' predicts; think Pep will play a strong side as he can make a couple of changes in the FA Cup against Cardiff at the weekend, so I can only see a comfortable Manchester City win, with Leroy Sane and Kevin De Bruyne getting on the scoresheet.

Charlie predicts: 4-1 and De Bruyne to score first

Although looking at this again, the way Charlie has his numbers, he has predicted a 4-1 home win.

Charlie is obviously an idiot as it contradicts his "Manchester City win" written above.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He predicted us parking the bus in the first leg.

So he was a lazy journalist, that can be criticised.

Predicting a score line many people would also predict, not something I'm going to get upset over, even if I don't agree with the scoreline.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

So he was a lazy journalist, that can be criticised.

Predicting a score line many people would also predict, not something I'm going to get upset over, even if I don't agree with the scoreline.

Journalist?, Charlie Nicholas?, really?, that really is a stretch. Judging by his predictions for both games he more of an arse kissing pundit not wishing to upset the gravy train.

Predicting that scoreline is even lazier and given how how little research he did for the first leg and how little he knew about us in the first place and not forgetting this another quote from his prediction for tomorrow night "Now, after doing so well packing men behind the ball and playing on the counter-attack, they've got to open up and expose themselves".

I wonder whether after reading that tosh whether he even actually watched the first leg. In fact i'm beginning to wonder whether we actually played in that game.

While it’s hard to look past a Manchester win, if you use logic I’d disagree with old Charlie. If Pep wants 4 trophy’s , why would he play a full strength side tonight, in a game they are ahead in. Then , rest players for a one off game against a side higher in the League than us? If I was Pep, I’d play the U15’s tonight and be rested to deal with Colin’s mob at the weekend 

:yes:

9 hours ago, nickolas said:

I just love the sheer outrageousness of these ’experts’. 

Granted theyre massive favourites but the lack of research and easy prediction of a win is lazy journalism!

hopefully good old charlie is in for a shock tomorrow night too. 

I dont really like wembley if im honest, but i’ll gladly take another trip there next month!:fingerscrossed:

These pundits certainly earn their money

Experts...? Don't make me laugh

The political experts said Brexit wouldn't happen

They never gave Mr Trump a chance

The football experts gave us no chance of beating Manchester United 

You have to believe we will win this .....remain the optimist ,there is no point being anything else ......COYR

10 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Journalist?, Charlie Nicholas?, really?, that really is a stretch. Judging by his predictions for both games he more of an arse kissing pundit not wishing to upset the gravy train.

Predicting that scoreline is even lazier and given how how little research he did for the first leg and how little he knew about us in the first place and not forgetting this another quote from his prediction for tomorrow night "Now, after doing so well packing men behind the ball and playing on the counter-attack, they've got to open up and expose themselves".

I wonder whether after reading that tosh whether he even actually watched the first leg. In fact i'm beginning to wonder whether we actually played in that game.

"They might think they'll get more of the ball at home but they won't. If they want to try the Liverpool tactics and really press them then I think Manchester City will pick them off."

Wow, I must have been seeing things and totally misheard all the praise and plaudits we received from the media and Pep himself about the way we pressed Man City and had the balls to give it a go, unlike most prem clubs.

Low and behold, the very next game, Liverpool play a high press game and beat Man City. Now we're being told they were Liverpool tactics!

You don't need to be a pundit to know that Man City are the favourites and are expected to win comfortably. What the sweaty needs to do is give credit where it's due, even if it's to a non-prem club. Absolute belter of a pundit.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

People are so precious. The way we played was admirable but we had 30% possession - of course we had bodies behind the ball and counter attacked. 

And you are totally missing the point.

Given his ill informed 'parking the bus' comment from the first leg, perhaps this time he should have had the good grace to admit that he had gotten his original comment wrong, perhaps even lavished a modicum of praise upon us and then said something like  "I expect this time Manc will be a different proposition", a fair and honest assessment.

Parking the bus?, Newcastle had less than 20% possession against Manc on Saturday and the 'pundits' gave them credit for not getting slaughtered and I wouldn't mind betting Newcastle's possession stats were not the worst at Manc this season.

Instead of taking the easy route of blowing more smoke up Mancs arse is it too much to ask for a little credit and a little humility about being so wrong about the first leg?.

17 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And you are totally missing the point.

Given his ill informed 'parking the bus' comment from the first leg, perhaps this time he should have had the good grace to admit that he had gotten his original comment wrong, perhaps even lavished a modicum of praise upon us and then said something like  "I expect this time Manc will be a different proposition", a fair and honest assessment.

Parking the bus?, Newcastle had less than 20% possession against Manc on Saturday and the 'pundits' gave them credit for not getting slaughtered and I wouldn't mind betting Newcastle's possession stats were not the worst at Manc this season.

Instead of taking the easy route of blowing more smoke up Mancs arse is it too much to ask for a little credit and a little humility about being so wrong about the first leg?.

Not missing the point at all, he’s lazy and ill informed and I didn’t say otherwise. I’ve just come to expect nothing else from the usual boring PL ‘experts’.  

But people really do get wound up about the slightest comment from pundits.  

Folks getting precious over this comment:

Now, after doing so well packing men behind the ball and playing on the counter-attack

When that’s exactly what we did! For the majority of the game we didn’t have the ball so we did have bodies behind the ball and we did play on the counter. Very well. 

Charlie is right, we did have men behind the ball and hit Man City on the counter. 

They had the ball 70+% of the time so any team would have players, you know, defending! We didn’t sit off them though and weren’t afraid to put players forward when attacking. Unlike a lot of teams who played them this season 

1 minute ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Charlie is right, we did have men behind the ball and hit Man City on the counter. 

They had the ball 70+% of the time so any team would have players, you know, defending! We didn’t sit off them though and weren’t afraid to put players forward when attacking. Unlike a lot of teams who played them this season 

But that’s hardly parking the bus is it.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not missing the point at all, he’s lazy and ill informed and I didn’t say otherwise. I’ve just come to expect nothing else from the usual boring PL ‘experts’.  

But people really do get wound up about the slightest comment from pundits.  

Folks getting precious over this comment:

Now, after doing so well packing men behind the ball and playing on the counter-attack

When that’s exactly what we did! For the majority of the game we didn’t have the ball so we did have bodies behind the ball and we did play on the counter. Very well. 

Maybe you are correct, but I think yet again he has left himself wide open to abuse and criticism, because even if he is correct 'this time around' big deal, everybody can expect the expected.

The most important thing is Pep and his squad will know that they were in a game 2 weeks ago and hopefully they will know that they have been in a game tonight and I also suspect that Pep and his squad know far more about BCFC than they do about yet another Scots striker who failed to cut it in the English leagues and had to skulk back to Scotland to resume his career.

Archived