IGNORED

Jurgen Klopp’s post match interview

Maesknoll Red

12 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Klopp’s interview afterwards was a meaningless collection of words, possibly the most words I have heard in post match interview that actually conveyed nothing meaningful....

That's a  powerful statement.

I can think of at least one City mnager who was exactly the same and English was his first language.

I bet on Swansea at 10/1 and half the pub were ripping it out of me.  Do people not learn that anyone can beat anyone in the Premier League?  I said that if they played this fixture 10 times, Swansea would win more than once so it was a good value bet.  Again I was laughed at.  

A similar group laughed when I said we had a chance against Man Red

55 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I bet on Swansea at 10/1 and half the pub were ripping it out of me.  Do people not learn that anyone can beat anyone in the Premier League?  I said that if they played this fixture 10 times, Swansea would win more than once so it was a good value bet.  Again I was laughed at.  

I really don’t get this Man Red and Man Blue nonsense that has sprung up on here - Utd has the same number of letters as Red and City has the same number of letters as Blue - no extra effort required 

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I really don’t get this Man Red and Man Blue nonsense that has sprung up on here - Utd has the same number of letters as Red and City has the same number of letters as Blue - no extra effort required 

Anything wrong with Man U or Man C by chance?; does seem a tad pointless i agree.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Interesting way of looking at it.

1 minute ago, EmersonsRed said:

Interesting way of looking at it.

I am big into horse racing and have learnt over the years about value bets.  You might not fancy a horse at 11/8 but suddenly it drifts to 4/1 and it is a good bet even if you think it will probably come second.  As ridiculous as that sounds (you are actually betting on a horse you don’t think will win) it becomes the value bet in the race. 

The same applies in football.  I didn’t think Swansea would win but when I looked at it all it was the value bet.  It does take a lot of experience and it is hard to get your head around happily betting on something you think probably won’t happen!  

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Needless to say, RedDave had the last laugh.

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

I am big into horse racing and have learnt over the years about value bets.  You might not fancy a horse at 11/8 but suddenly it drifts to 4/1 and it is a good bet even if you think it will probably come second.  As ridiculous as that sounds (you are actually betting on a horse you don’t think will win) it becomes the value bet in the race. 

The same applies in football.  I didn’t think Swansea would win but when I looked at it all it was the value bet.  It does take a lot of experience and it is hard to get your head around happily betting on something you think probably won’t happen!  

Well Bristol City are 26/1 to win tonight on betfair so how about that for a value bet.

Archived