IGNORED

Anybody else think we’ll win tonight?

Robin101

I can just feel it! I know it makes no sense and all the evidence suggests otherwise. 

I’ve been watching us long enough to know we raise our game for the big ones! And the atmosphere will be electric. 

So I fully expect a roaring victory tonight. Then, in true city fashion, to lose 3-0 in the final. 

3 hours ago, Robin101 said:

I can just feel it! I know it makes no sense and all the evidence suggests otherwise. 

I’ve been watching us long enough to know we raise our game for the big ones! And the atmosphere will be electric. 

So I fully expect a roaring victory tonight. Then, in true city fashion, to lose 3-0 in the final. 

They’re not in the best form, taken apart by Liverpool in a 5 minute spell and poor on Saturday to Newcastle.

My only concern is how well we played in the first leg, they won’t under estimate us now. I expect a strong Man City 11. I wouldn’t be surprised for extra time 

10 minutes ago, daored said:

They’re not in the best form, taken apart by Liverpool in a 5 minute spell and poor on Saturday to Newcastle.

My only concern is how well we played in the first leg, they won’t under estimate us now. I expect a strong Man City 11. I wouldn’t be surprised for extra time 

:facepalm:

I have no idea if we're going to win.

But I'm confident that this team will put in a good performance on the night: no bottlers here. So we have a chance. One of the beauties of football, unlike some other sports, is that margins are so fine and scoring is such a big deal that the lesser team can, quite often, win on the day. A mishit here and a deflection there can be the difference between winning and losing. 

And the atmosphere is going to be magnificent - for the whole 90 minutes, regardless of the score, I expect.

It's going to be a great night, whatever the result.

There will be nothing left of them by the time we've finished with them. We can do this, let's not kid ourselves - we're facing the biggest team that anyone can possibly play in English football right now.

But we're all walking on cider, bouncing around the ground and drinking up me zider, so who cares? COYR!!!!

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

What makes the game or more even contest is Ashton Gate. There is just something special about the place on a night like this. 

Man City have also not been at their best in atmospheres like there will be tomorrow.

They went to Napoli and won 4-2 recently, Napoli or Ashton Gate hmmmm!

Head and heart for me.

Head tells me that they're a better team than us. Top class players all over the pitch and on paper they should ease past us. Add to the fact that Pep will know what to expect having been surprised by our style at the Etihad and of course they're 2-1 up.

• All that said - heart says that it's a cup tie and anything can happen. I'm  hoping that LJ has devised a brilliant playing strategy that will out smart his idol Pep Gaurdiola and he might well have done. They can be defensively frail and with our threat from set pieces and long throws you just never know...............:fingerscrossed:

I think the fact that we're still in contention when realistically we all expected to be completely out of the tie by the time it came back to Bristol is testament to the ability of this group. 

I’m realistic and I expect the journey to end tonight. But we know that it’s possible and it’d take a brave man to completely write off any chance.  

2 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

I had this feeling before the Man Red game. But I darent tell anyone, just in case. However, you live and learn...

Lads. I've got this feeling.....

I had the same feeling before the first leg as I did before the Man Red game.

Both games ended up as 2-1 home wins, with the winning goal coming in injury time.

I haven't had that feeling today, got a slightly different feeling.

If we are to do it I think we would need to do it in normal time. The style we play means our players are out on their feet by the end of the match - as witnessed in the first leg.

Do away goals count after extra time? If so I can’t see us winning by 2 clear goals in normal time. I hope I am wrong.

Something that would be a big game changer is if they go down to 10 men. 

8 minutes ago, The Gambler said:

If we are to do it I think we would need to do it in normal time. The style we play means our players are out on their feet by the end of the match - as witnessed in the first leg.

Do away goals count after extra time? If so I can’t see us winning by 2 clear goals in normal time. I hope I am wrong.

Something that would be a big game changer is if they go down to 10 men. 

Yes away goals count AET. So 1-0 tonight is good enough but not after 90 mins. 

Most premier league teams can’t beat Man City, when the game starts at 0-0! So I don’t think we’ve got much realistic chance when starting the game a goal down, however, the longer this game remains 0-0 the better our chances will be of grabbing an “equaliser”

I think it will be a special night, win or lose. I just hope they don’t score early and effectively finish the tie. 

COYR!!

7 minutes ago, Judda said:

Me too... and backed it up with a quid!

Screenshot_20180123-080150.png

Can't believe you went with City to qualify at 12/1 when you could've got them to win in 90 mins at the same price!  Weird pricing strategy from 365 to be sure, but if I were ever to bet on City (I wouldn't) that's where my money would go..y'know...in case you wanted to cash out and re-place your bet! ;)

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

Can't believe you went with City to qualify at 12/1 when you could've got them to win in 90 mins at the same price!  Weird pricing strategy from 365 to be sure, but if I were ever to bet on City (I wouldn't) that's where my money would go..y'know...in case you wanted to cash out and re-place your bet! ;)

I know it's not the best odds you'll get but couldn't be arssed to go through loads of sites looking for the best deals... especially for the sake of a quid!

Also got Joe B to score 1st at 40-1 which I thought was good as he likes the big games....

Cheers for the tip though

Archived