IGNORED

Anybody else think we’ll win tonight?

Robin101

29 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Most premier league teams can’t beat Man City, when the game starts at 0-0! So I don’t think we’ve got much realistic chance when starting the game a goal down, however, the longer this game remains 0-0 the better our chances will be of grabbing an “equaliser”

I think it will be a special night, win or lose. I just hope they don’t score early and effectively finish the tie

COYR!!

It still wouldn't, really. It would just mean we had to score two to get to ET and pens, which isn't impossible.

We will give it a right go I’m pretty sure of that . The odds are stacked against if where being honest . The favourite doesn’t always win. It’d not impossible for us to win , first twenty minutes will decide this tie . The 12th man , the crowd, can make such a difference. Loud and proud . 

COYR 

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

The first goal will determine the game, they get it and game over, we get it, then anything is possible.

I disagree with this mate, it means we can only rely on a 1-0 win. Ultimately we have to assume they're going to score, so we have to go for 2 goals tonight. If we also assume that a 1-0 win is theoretically extremely difficult bearing in mind it would have to be after 120 minutes, it then makes conceding at any point far less of a knockout blow. 2 conceded and then it really is over.

23 minutes ago, Judda said:

I know it's not the best odds you'll get but couldn't be arssed to go through loads of sites looking for the best deals... especially for the sake of a quid!

Also got Joe B to score 1st at 40-1 which I thought was good as he likes the big games....

Cheers for the tip though

Same site.... Weirdly, the odds are now 14.00 to win in 90! 

_20180123_083701.JPG

5 hours ago, Robin101 said:

I can just feel it! I know it makes no sense and all the evidence suggests otherwise. 

I’ve been watching us long enough to know we raise our game for the big ones! And the atmosphere will be electric. 

So I fully expect a roaring victory tonight. Then, in true city fashion, to lose 3-0 in the final. 

We just need to go for it. Enjoy the occasion. Two things give me hope. Mangala and Bravo. Our set pieces were very poor in the first leg. We need to get them bang on because they can't defend particularly with those two clowns. 

In our situation the first 15 minutes are critical, a goal either way either brings the game to life or kills it. I remember as a student in the 70's going to watch Arsenal v Ajax in a European Cup Semi Final, Arsenal lost 2-1 away like us and everyone said what a good result it was. After about 10 minutes George Graham headed past Bob Wilson for an own goal from a long hopeful ball under no pressure and it killed the game stone dead, we can't afford to make any mistakes like that.

14 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

We just need to go for it. Enjoy the occasion. Two things give me hope. Mangala and Bravo. Our set pieces were very poor in the first leg. We need to get them bang on because they can't defend particularly with those two clowns. 

Whose to say that Pep will make the same mistake and start Mangala? It could be a full strength Man City tonight. 

Had a very vivid dream after the first leg. We fell behind midway through the first half but managed to hang in there for the rest of the game until Paterson scored on 80 mins to set up a grandstand finish. Then in the 90th minute we won a corner and Flint rose majestically at the back post to equalise.

Immediately the fourth official raised his board for the most horrific 6 minutes of injury time you've ever seen, it felt like the ball never left our penalty area, until with seconds remaining Stones slipped on the halfway line and Bobby nipped in, raced away and squared to the onrushing Brownhill on the edge of the area. The world stood still for about 10 years before he slotted it under the keeper to win it.

So that's what I'm going for.

7 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Had a very vivid dream after the first leg. We fell behind midway through the first half but managed to hang in there for the rest of the game until Paterson scored on 80 mins to set up a grandstand finish. Then in the 90th minute we won a corner and Flint rose majestically at the back post to equalise.

Immediately the fourth official raised his board for the most horrific 6 minutes of injury time you've ever seen, it felt like the ball never left our penalty area, until with seconds remaining Stones slipped on the halfway line and Bobby nipped in, raced away and squared to the onrushing Brownhill on the edge of the area. The world stood still for about 10 years before he slotted it under the keeper to win it.

So that's what I'm going for.

Sounds good to me. COYR

Archived