IGNORED

Kyle Edmund

JBFC II

On 23/01/2018 at 17:13, Maesknoll Red said:

Is he, loads of threads on here saying how most of the Welsh team were English, because of where they were born, can’t have it both ways.

They didn't move to Wales when they were 3 though, did they?

Most of them play through the ridiculous "Welsh" grandparent route.

Edmund was far too young at 3 to make that choice for himself, if he has lived in England since he's English..

23 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Just seen he is through on a retirement. Is it just me or have there been an inordinate amount of injury withdrawals this tournament?

Think the heat did for a lot of them, I do wonder how many retirements are genuine or its an easy way of giving up on a game you know you aren't going to win.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Think the heat did for a lot of them, I do wonder how many retirements are genuine or its an easy way of giving up on a game you know you aren't going to win.

I read that the heat was such that it caused numerous players, both male and female, to suffer from blisters - Roger Federer himself said this morning, following Chung's retirement, that he has experienced playing with blisters and that at some point the pain becomes so much that one has to stop: I don't think there is any suggestion Chung retired just because he thought he couldn't win.

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I read that the heat was such that it caused numerous players, both male and female, to suffer from blisters - Roger Federer himself said this morning, following Chung's retirement, that he has experienced playing with blisters and that at some point the pain becomes so much that one has to stop: I don't think there is any suggestion Chung retired just because he thought he couldn't win.

No certainly not Chung he clearly looked in a lot of pain but sure there are a few who take the easy option.

Archived