IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Manchester City FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

AMAZING STUFF!

BEATEN A STRING OF TOP FLIGHT TEAMS TO GET TO THE QUARTERS, THEN BEAT THE MOST FAMOUS CLUB IN THE WORLD TO GET TO THE SEMI. 

TO THEN GIVE THE RICHEST TEAM IN THE WORLD A RUN OVER TWO MATCHES. I HAVE NO WORDS. IT WAS GAME OVER FOR EVERYONE BUT THAT TEAM FOUGHT TILL THE DYING SECOND! 

(SORRY FOR SHOUTING) 

Well proud of the lads; ran the best team in the land a hell of a lot closer over two legs than most Premier League teams have managed to over two top flight games.

The players need to hold their heads high, dust themselves off, and go at the league again with the same never say die attitude, work-rate, and no little quality we’ve shown in this run.

Gave them a bit of a scare at the end there, and even with (most likely European player of the year) De Bruyne scoring at the end there, still did very well to drag ourselves back into it.

Now back to making nights like this the norm each week; bring on QPR.

COYR!

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

if there is a negative tonight, I fear an exodus of players to those who pay better than us

Always a danger. Yes Man, City were cruising at 2-0, but not many have come back to 2-2 this season against them. I thought even at 2-1 and the game seemingly gone they never let their heads drop and kept working. A bad goal let in, two last minute winners, hugely proud but, well, on another day and all that.

Archived