IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Manchester City FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

5 minutes ago, samo II said:

Well proud of the lads; ran the best team in the land a hell of a lot closer over two legs than most Premier League teams have managed to over two top flight games.

The players need to hold their heads high, dust themselves off, and go at the league again with the same never say die attitude, work-rate, and no little quality we’ve shown in this run.

Gave them a bit of a scare at the end there, and even with (most likely European player of the year) De Bruyne scoring at the end there, still did very well to drag ourselves back into it.

Now back to making nights like this the norm each week; bring on QPR.

COYR!

:clap:

Very proud of city over the 2 legs put 3 past them and played well in spells , could have avoided conceded some of the goals but can hold our heads high..

But wow just watching Kevin De Bruyne being interviewed talk about arrogant and disrespectful and not giving opposition any credit he's just gone right down in my estimation.... 

Good game of football nothing dirty enjoyed it. All the best for the season.

Flint asked Pep where his Stone Island badge was hahaha he takes it off in official matches for some reason must be marketing.

John Stones was shocking and really bad on the ball was driving me mad.

Anyway all the best!

Well done again Bristol City... get back to the league and back on track for promotion, would be good to see you compete in the PL next year.. I honestly believe you’d stay up and progress year on year if you could stick together and keep your players... your manager is a touch of class.. hope to see you next year

This team has done a fantastic cup run, and even if reaching the finale would have been amazing, I just can't be sad tonight.

The lads and LJ fighted until the last minute against the best Manchester City XI: what can you ask more? 

Only applauses for the mighty Robins.  :clap::worship2: :city:

47 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Bristol City have scored 14 goals against Premier League teams this season ... that is the same number of goals against Premier League opposition as Swansea!

And I make it 14 separate goalscorers in this cup run alone.

Reid, Taylor, Diedhiou, Pack, Smith, Flint, Paterson, O'Dowda, Bryan, Djuric, Hegeler, Baker, Hinds, Eliasson

That's insane.

59 minutes ago, Blueraid said:

Well done again Bristol City... get back to the league and back on track for promotion, would be good to see you compete in the PL next year.. I honestly believe you’d stay up and progress year on year if you could stick together and keep your players... your manager is a touch of class.. hope to see you next year

Good to see respect from MCFC fans and manager. How unlike another club near Manchester ;)

Archived