IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Manchester City FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

The word I have for Maggers is ' cumbersome ' .

He  looks to ungainly to be a left back but fits in well at centre back , IMHO .

I believe he is a confidence player and will get better with game time .

I don't like witch hunts for players that are doing their best for the club . 

All fair points.  I wasn't aware that there was a witch hunt for Mags.  I was just voicing an opinion that seems to be shared with other season ticket holders where I sit.  I just wish he was as good a defender as he is at maintaining his social media.

OK, nearly 24 hours later, my thoughts.

1; I am so proud of our players with last night's efforts.

2; 2-0 down on the night, but they didn't give up like so many other teams would, they kept going and got back to 2-2.

3; It was disappointing to see some ponderous moves at times.

4; Man C's first goal was so reminiscent of Wolves winner the other week.

5. Both legs were lost to a last minute goal. Getting to the Prem is the dream, but would we want a similar scenario nearly every game?

6. Having played the runaway Prem leaders H & A, which of our players definitely has what it takes to compete in the Prem?

7; It was good of the visiting fans to chant "Come on City". All added to our support.

Couldn't post last night,  as very late for me here.  Would just like to add my congratulations to our team of never give up triers.  I thought they were magnificent,  now they can concentrate on getting into the playoffs, or dare we say it,  automatic,  so bring on QPR and hopefully after a few days rest,  get another three points.

Archived