IGNORED

For the Old Man!

Sir Colby-Tit

So, my dad, Mike, fell very ill just after New Year, and has been in intensive care for 2 1/2 weeks, in and out of induced comas. He is a huge City fan (supporter for 50+ years), and was absolutely gutted to miss the first leg against Citeh on the telly box.

I contacted the club and asked if they could possibly send a card or something to cheer him up, and not only did they post a signed squad card and get well message, they also sent a video message from none other than Mad Frankie!

I didn't have the opportunity to show him the messages until Saturday, and although he could not communicate with me, he was fully conscious, and the tear in his eye after I played the video will live with me forever.

I have taken him a radio and headphones so he can listen to the match tonight.

A huge thanks to @Dollymarie and @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO for sorting the messages, I am eternally grateful to you both!

Now I'm praying for a City win to put the icing on the cake and make my dad one happy chappy. Even though he is a right old git, even he wasn't around in 1909!

The whole episode has brought home to me how being a City fan isn't just about watching a game every other week, it means so much more. When it comes down to it we really are one big family.

I love you all & COYR!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

So, my dad, Mike, fell very ill just after New Year, and has been in intensive care for 2 1/2 weeks, in and out of induced comas. He is a huge City fan (supporter for 50+ years), and was absolutely gutted to miss the first leg against Citeh on the telly box.

I contacted the club and asked if they could possibly send a card or something to cheer him up, and not only did they post a signed squad card and get well message, they also sent a video message from none other than Mad Frankie!

I didn't have the opportunity to show him the messages until Saturday, and although he could not communicate with me, he was fully conscious, and the tear in his eye after I played the video will live with me forever.

A huge thanks to @Dollymarie and @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO for sorting the messages, I am eternally grateful to you both!

Now I'm praying for a City win to put the icing on the cake and make my dad one happy chappy. Even though he is a right old git, even he wasn't around in 1909!

The whole episode has brought home to me how being a City fan isn't just about watching a game every other week, it means so much more. When it comes down to it we really are one big family.

Get well soon Sir CT Senior. 

34 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

My Dad passed away Christmas Day but loved the Man U game as we got him Home from hospital just to watch it 

That was the last game he was able to watch and I sat on his hospital bed Christmas Eve and we watched the YouTube highlights

He was the one who took me to City when I was 2 years old and many games after that. We went to Leeds in 74 on the coach that I can still remember. 

Thank god he took me to Ashton Gate and not Eastville!!

City till I die

RIP Dad - Hope the boys do it tonight and you are watching from above

I’d like to think that tonight was for my old Dad as well. Been gone quite a few years now but he’d have been quietly so very proud for his team to be playing the best team in the country shortly after beating the 2nd best team in the country. 

2 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Brilliantly put. All the best to you and you dad

4 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

I’d like to think that tonight was for my old Dad as well. Been gone quite a few years now but he’d have been quietly so very proud for his team to be playing the best team in the country shortly after beating the 2nd best team in the country. 

Ditto 

Archived