IGNORED

LJ

AppyDAZE

29 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Plenty of massages for the players and fans tonight (and quite rightly) but here's one for the gaffer...

Feel very, very proud tonight young man. It takes balls to come back to where you are now, from what was happening last season.

Well done Lee , enjoy the night.

Good words, Gary. :cool:

Just one area I think he has improved a lot in my view.

Last year I thought he had a tendency to hang players out to dry publically when they had made a mistake.

Today I thought it was notable how much he covered for Mags when asked about conceding a bad goal at that time, saying he subbed him because he wanted to go more attacking. Did not criticise the error at all.

Much better way of handling it.

6 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Plenty of massages for the players and fans tonight (and quite rightly) but here's one for the gaffer...

Feel very, very proud tonight young man. It takes balls to come back to where you are now, from what was happening last season.

Well done Lee , enjoy the night.

Massages?

Damn I missed that, which concession was offering them? ;):P 

I was delighted with his post match interview on Sky. One of the things that really got to me last season was his unprofessional singling out of players. 

Yet when the Sky interviewer teed him up to lambast Hörður, he simply refused to do it and pointed out all the other mistakes that other players had made too. 

Really, really happy with that. 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I was delighted with his post match interview on Sky. One of the things that really got to me last season was his unprofessional singling out of players. 

Yet when the Sky interviewer teed him up to lambast Hörður, he simply refused to do it and pointed out all the other mistakes that other players had made too. 

Really, really happy with that. 

Lets not forget that LJ is still relatively inexperienced as a manager and is learning as he goes along. No doubt he's realises that criticising his own players in public creates a dim view of him.

Archived