IGNORED

Half & Half Scarves

Unan

Don't see the problem with them. My 7 year old son now has one for Man United and Man City with Quarter Final and Semi Final written all over them. Pretty unique (for us) really. In 25 years time he can tell his son how we knocked out Man U and ran one of the best teams in the world really close,            and won promotion to the Premier League.

Support the team, of course. But nothing wrong with having something to remember the event with. I wouldn't chuck my Wembley 86 programme away, just because it had Bristol City and Bolton Wanderers written on it. These scarves will mean much more in 25 years time than they do now.

1 minute ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Don't see the problem with them. My 7 year old son now has one for Man United and Man City with Quarter Final and Semi Final written all over them. Pretty unique (for us) really. In 25 years time he can tell his son how we knocked out Man U and ran one of the best teams in the world really close,            and won promotion to the Premier League.

Support the team, of course. But nothing wrong with having something to remember the event with. I wouldn't chuck my Wembley 86 programme away, just because it had Bristol City and Bolton Wanderers written on it. These scarves will mean much more in 25 years time than they do now.

Difference in my opinion is that you're literally wearing another teams colours. Can't abide by that, should be consigned to the literal and metaphorical dustbins. Why not just get a programme instead if you want a memento? Cheaper and less tinpot.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Difference in my opinion is that you're literally wearing another teams colours. Can't abide by that, should be consigned to the literal and metaphorical dustbins. Why not just get a programme instead if you want a memento? Cheaper and less tinpot.

Because scarves are special. I've got loads going back years. They'll never be worn again, they are as you say, a momento.

1 minute ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Because scarves are special. I've got loads going back years. They'll never be worn again, they are as you say, a momento.

Stick it in a bag then, don't wear it around. Really, really hate seeing people with our colours next to another teams, smacks of day trippers and it being a one off game. Stick it in a bag and get it out when you get home I can live with, however. 

14 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I understand your view, however I believe wearing a scarf should be a way of showing who you support. For that reason I think a programme which is always going to cover both teams is a more appropriate memento to take from a specific game. 

I don’t like them but it’s literally for the kids isn’t it. That’s all. My 10 year old cousin went to the Man United game and got one, he wears it all the time and loves it. If you’re a fully grown man getting upset at a scarf have a word with yourself. 

Like many things these days...I don't get it. I don't possess a 50:50 scarf (was nowhere near Ashton Gate last night btw) but I really don't care if someone buys one or not. If a bloke wants to make a quid...fair enough in my book.

Some things do get to me (people who run red traffic lights for example),...but a 50:50 scarf? I cant get upset about that. There are bigger issues in life

Chatting to some Man City fans on the bus back to the park and ride,. They were telling us that when they played Man Utd in a cup final, that the scarf sellers were selling half and half flags to that game as well. 

They were asking what we would do if they ever done a City and Rovers half and half scarf. 

5 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Chatting to some Man City fans on the bus back to the park and ride,. They were telling us that when they played Man Utd in a cup final, that the scarf sellers were selling half and half flags to that game as well. 

They were asking what we would do if they ever done a City and Rovers half and half scarf. 

They can try. There is a difference though between being brave and bold and being bloody stupid. Just imagine trying to sell 50:50 scarves at a Celtic/Rangers game. As I said earlier, I personally don't care, but there are a good many that do... and there'll be consequences

2 hours ago, Negan said:

I don’t like them but it’s literally for the kids isn’t it. That’s all. My 10 year old cousin went to the Man United game and got one, he wears it all the time and loves it. If you’re a fully grown man getting upset at a scarf have a word with yourself. 

And if you're a fully grown man wearing said scarf then perhaps a word with yourself is also required.

Are they all one massive cockney family or something? Literally everyone sounded like they should have been at Wembley - I guess that’s their main den of sin!

Youd think they’d have regional branches - then again I guess there’s not much call for them in Bristol very often!

Can’t see a Bristol Rovers/Shrewsbury combo being a big seller. 

Archived