IGNORED

Maggers..........(Merged)

brady bunch

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Should have been penalised, as he didn't have the referees permission to come back on to the pitch.

........Or to leave it.

That's 2 yellows = red.

Goal disallowed, 0-0 at half time, Second half against 10 men.

GAME ON!!!

I hope that we keep Hörður.  I like him in spite of his ridiculously laid back attitude.  He will have felt unbelievably bad about his mistake which in a way is why he's worth persisting with.   He has messed up and he knows it. No point jettisoning him now.  It would be cutting off our hand to spite our face.   Maybe he'll move on in the summer, who knows but for now I would deffo keep him and trust him to learn from his mistakes.  Management always comes down to trust..

41 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Aguero's goal was more of an indication of his lack of defensive 'conscience'.  Watch it back and you can see he had a chance to get back in to help but was cruising.

Often it seemed in the second half that there was more space for Man c in our left back position than in the first half. I.e Hörður was more efficient at covering there than Joe was.  Some of this could have been Joe tracking back and helping first half but not getting the same support second half. Hörður definitely is the current scapegoat!

7 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Is Maggers leaving is ? 

Threw his shirt into the crowd today. 

Hope not , as he is a good player. 

Yes he makes mistakes but don't we all. 

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

I didn`t see that and hope it means nothing but it`s put a dampener on today for me if he does go.

No, he was just saying thanks to the fans for their support after Tuesday. I believe he feels personal responsibility for conceding that goal.

Fans in S82 were singing his name when they saw him about to come on and he appreciated that after Tuesday. That’s all the shirt thing was about.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No, he was just saying thanks to the fans for their support after Tuesday. I believe he feels personal responsibility for conceding that goal.

Fans in S82 were singing his name when they saw him about to come on and he appreciated that after Tuesday. That’s all the shirt thing was about.

:fingerscrossed: I really do hope that`s all it was.

14 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Is Maggers leaving is ? 

Threw his shirt into the crowd today. 

Hope not , as he is a good player. 

Yes he makes mistakes but don't we all. 

I didn't put a foot wrong today, Col, to be fair. Nor Tuesday.

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah it was, pretty clear to me from his body language. He was pretty cut up about Tuesday so was psychologically significant for him to be part of the clean sheet.

Agreed, and frankly if Baker is out for three he could be straight back in. May just be me, but thought he was not messing about with any clearances today either - row z will do if need be.

Excellent when he was needed today. Bristol City (this version under LJ) is exactly about people just like Hörður Magnússon, his attituute, his commitment, the man, the personality..

So he ballsed up against Man City. You could argue Baker ballsed up today but not getting the same flak (I'm a big Baker fan btw)

Well done Hörður. Keep it up my man, BCFC needs characters just like you for the big push.

20 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

I wonder where all the Magnússon bashers are?

Under that rock waiting for another oppurtunity to slag him off.

The pack slaggers have taken all the under rock space. You just wait the first poor game pack has they’ll be back calling him league 1 standard at best. And they’ll be wrong again. 

Seriously though. As far as I’m concerned the jury is still out re mags. He is not starting for a reason. That is he is not a natural full back, he turns too slowly. Centre back yes but wright baker and flint would all be ahead of him there too. 

6 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

The pack slaggers have taken all the under rock space. You just wait the first poor game pack has they’ll be back calling him league 1 standard at best. And they’ll be wrong again. 

Thought Pack was excellent today, as were others too.

8 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Seriously though. As far as I’m concerned the jury is still out re mags. He is not starting for a reason. That is he is not a natural full back, he turns too slowly. Centre back yes but wright baker and flint would all be ahead of him there too. 

Funnily enough I massively prefer Magnússon at full back to centre back. The Icelandic national side are no mugs, extremely harsh to say he's not a natural full back.

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Funnily enough I massively prefer Magnússon at full back to centre back. The Icelandic national side are no mugs, extremely harsh to say he's not a natural full back.

I watched v Man c. Bryan, who has a lower centre of gravity, was able to turn quicker when silva went past. Mags was left for dead on more than one occasion. Admittedly against a very good winger, but you could see Bryan dealt with him much better. 

1 minute ago, redfieldred said:

I watched v Man c. Bryan, who has a lower centre of gravity, was able to turn quicker when silva went past. Mags was left for dead on more than me occasion. Admittedly against a very good winger, but you could see Bryan dealt with him much better. 

Not really a fair comparison, Bryan could do a job in the PL, and has potential to  be one of the best players ever to come through the club's academy.

Against a world class winger, almost every full back in the division would struggle. Get behind him.

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Not really a fair comparison, Bryan could do a job in the PL, and has potential to  be one of the best players ever to come through the club's academy.

Against a world class winger, almost every full back in the division would struggle. Get behind him.

I’m not slagging him off, I’m just saying based overall on this season, you would have to say he makes quite a few Important errors. I really really hope he learns from these and cuts them out, because I think he has a lot to offer, but you can’t just blithely ignore unnecessary goals like those against man c and Cardiff. An instinctive full back would have put the ball into row z on both occasions. That’s why I say he is not a natural full back. With respect although Iceland beat England their population is less than Manchester and they have to cut their cloth. 

1 minute ago, redfieldred said:

I’m not slagging him off, I’m just saying based overall on this season, you would have to say he makes quite a few Important errors. I really really hope he learns from these and cuts them out, because I think he has a lot to offer, but you can’t just blithely ignore unnecessary goals like those against man c and Cardiff. 

No I'm with you, he's made a few glaring errors this season, but on numerous other threads people wait for any opportunity to tear in to him.

I think he's got the perfect attitude and mentality to play a big role here, and you can see he's been improving, hopefully he pushes on and gets even better.

Archived