IGNORED

******* Proud

Fordy62

I’m not sure anyone can sum it up better than that. 

A really good display. 

Fair play to Pep. He’s taught them to play our brand of football slightly better than we do. 

Well done boys. You can be proud. 

Special shout out from me to Brownhill. Thought he was magnificent, probably only outclassed by KDB. 

And Famara. He caused them all sorts of issues. 

1 minute ago, CrazyInWeston said:

It was an excellent 2nd half display, the first half is a little questionable though...

It’s not questionable when you’re playing probably the best team in the world. They’ve smashed teams to bits all season!!

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m not sure anyone can sum it up better than that. 

A really good display. 

Fair play to Pep. He’s taught them to play our brand of football slightly better than we do. 

Well done boys. You can be proud. 

Special shout out from me to Brownhill. Thought he was magnificent, probably only outclassed by KDB. 

And Famara. He caused them all sorts of issues. 

Proud indeed. No disgrace to go out to Man City in the semi-final having beaten four premiership teams in the process.

Also everyone has now seen what a good team we are, what passion and support  we have.

The second half was incredible, I genuinely think with 1-3 additions, depending on injuries etc this squad can gain promotion, I just hope that a LB is on LJ's radar. Super proud of the effort and desire though, so many fighters on that pitch which we've really missed in the past.

Yeah, I'm proud but good God, Man City were utterly brilliant tonight. We could have had 13 players on the pitch tonight and they would still have been good. 

It was certainly a compliment to us that they started Fernandinho and played at the top of their game as they knew we wouldn't give an inch.

A shame the journey is over, but we can certainly hold our heads up high that the team gave as much as they did against a lot of very good sides.

Me too proud as ****, fair play to Pep for the respect he showed us by playing pretty much his best 11 for the 2nd leg.

I suspect whatever BS one or two might tell us about Stones being a great passer of the ball he was ******* worse than Magnússon in the 2nd half, his defending was shocking and I suspect that Pep will not be impressed in the slightest.

At times we were chasing shadows but those shadows represent one of the best teams in the world, we never surrendered unlike many prem teams have against Manc and we weren't hammered like many prem have been either, you bet i'm proud.

I would like to know what Walker was pissed off about, he turned into Diedhiou who was already airborne and had he actually challenged he would not have got injured.

OK boys it was great while it lasted, it's already history, now go for it in the league.

COYR.

5 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

2-3 is an amazing result 

Shame the night is going to dampened by Maggers and a negative thread starting before the game has even finished 

Cool off and weigh things up after 

Well done lads, all of you over both legs 

Exactly. Right thread, wrong time. Fernandinho effectively won the game for them in the first half. Because of him we couldn't do anything in the offensive half.

They were brilliant. Well done lads. It really annoyed me how sky said 'Bristol took a real beating on aggregate' at the end. 2 goals Vs Man city across 2 legs, one of which was caused by all out attack at the last, is an incredible achievement. Something many teams haven't managed across 1 half this season. So so proud. Let's focus on setting up the rematch next year 

2 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

They were brilliant. Well done lads. It really annoyed me how sky said 'Bristol took a real beating on aggregate' at the end. 2 goals Vs Man city across 2 legs, one of which was caused by all out attack at the last, is an incredible achievement. Something many teams haven't managed across 1 half this season. So so proud. Let's focus on setting up the rematch next year 

Did they really say that? 5-3 is hardly a real beating.

12 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I can't pretend I'm not glad it's over, but your cup run has been nothing short of remarkable. It's things like that that make it worth following your team.

Thanks, appreciate it and that’s a far more balanced view than that of some of your blue comrades. The vitriol has been seeping from every pore in recent weeks.

Can only echo what has already been said - couldn’t have asked for more. 

Who thought the tie would still be alive in the fifth minute of injury time in the second leg against a club whose owners s*** money? No ****er, that’s who.

The run is over but these memories will linger with all Reds forever. Thank you Lee and the players.

Indeed they were very impressive tonight and we were outplayed pretty much all game but no shame in losing both games by the odd goal.

A terrific cup run that's now over and to use an old cliche - we can concentrate on the league.

Niw it's onto Holloways QPR on Saturday. I can hardly wait!

28 minutes ago, Kibs said:

It’s not questionable when you’re playing probably the best team in the world. They’ve smashed teams to bits all season!!

First half Magnússon let his team mates down. We had a game plan and it was working. If he kicks that ball in to touch I am sure we go in 0.0. Very disappointed with him. I'm sure his team mates are too. But the club did themselves proud 

Need to compose myself a little, as I feel more emotional now than I did after Utd.

When the semi-final draw was made, if someone had told me there would be eight goals in it I would have probably taken a punt on it being 7-1 to Man City. 6-2 would have been a positive. To actually take them to the dying seconds, wow. Just wow.

And let’s face it, the way Man City roared out the traps today I thought we were in for a tonking. That was football played at the speed and accuracy usually only seen on the playstation. I thought they were going to devastate us. When that second went in, that feeling became a certainty.

I wrote on the match thread, that it would be great if we could just maybe get a goal and have a decent ten minute spell - I was just basically hoping against hope for a faint positive to take from the match. Instead, those lads exceeded the wildest expectations and took the richest team in the land to the final seconds. Where they found the inner strength from, I have no idea. Lesser men would have laid down and died. I think I’m more proud now than after the QF. That was sheer bottle we demonstrated. Complete passion.

Cheers City. It's been hard at times, but I really f****g love you. 

Archived