IGNORED

******* Proud

Fordy62

4 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

It was said by Kelly Dalglish, or whatever her name is nowadays, so what do you expect? Wouldn't be in the job if her Dad wasn't who he was.

It’s a very good point. She doesn’t come across as a footballing genius. It’s fair to say her looks, gender & dad got her that job. 

44 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

2-3 is an amazing result 

Shame the night is going to dampened by Maggers and a negative thread starting before the game has even finished 

Cool off and weigh things up after 

Well done lads, all of you over both legs 

I know you play to the very last whistle etc but the fact is our home and away scores v possibly the best team in Europe were both draws at 90 minutes. Very few teams get that close. Plus we were the last FL team in the FL cup (so we sort of won really :D )

47 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m not sure anyone can sum it up better than that. 

A really good display. 

Fair play to Pep. He’s taught them to play our brand of football slightly better than we do. 

Well done boys. You can be proud. 

Special shout out from me to Brownhill. Thought he was magnificent, probably only outclassed by KDB. 

And Famara. He caused them all sorts of issues. 

As much as I love Browny, I don't think KDB was the only player that outclassed him. David Silva, for example, was brilliant. 

We fought fantastically, as we always do, but at times I felt we looked a bit over-awed, which led to too many basic passes going astray. There's no shame in that, though - Man City are an extraordinary team and were on a different level to United.

A funny game on the whole because although Man City might've scored six on another day, if it wasn't for Hörður's mad moment and that late late goal by Aguero at the Etihad, we could've nicked it.

Well done boys - this cup run has really put City on the map.

Their speed was ridiculous. A couple of times we had an attack break down and instantly they were up our end. Never seen pace and accuracy like it. Have no doubt Citeh are quite some team and we gave it a damn good go. 

Been following City since my first game 55 years ago, never felt more connected to the club and the team than I do tonight. Like the OP said, proud is the word. 

Agree. How can you not be proud?

Our team gave them a game. We attacked every time we could, but if anything we didn't manage to get our players outside them on the wings and Pato's decision making was a little off (cutting in and losing the ball when there was an overlap on). But these were minor things when on the whole we made a lot of quick sharp passing through them which I am positive most Prem teams have not. We sprung players regularly.

Far better as others have said when Fammy was on. We were the touch and move team at that point. Our goals were well deserved. Our first was a good team goal. De Bruyne saying we were all long ball is like me saying they did everything against the run of play and on the break (not true, but a reflection of at least several of their goals). 

No complaints with losing the tie but am a touch irritated that there were a few moments of gamesmanship from them during the game (endorsed by the Prem Ref) which made me even more proud of what we are all about. We play football at EVERY opportunity. Complete warriors. Even Man City played the ref a few times and tried to slow the game down. I don't know this, but for all the fawning over them I'm going to assume this is a first for them compared to the Prem games.

Best tribute to our players is that they were on the floor or taking nothing shots for the final ten minutes. We are not just the blueprint but the answer to the "Champions Elect" when you consider the players for Man City,  easily assembled, are worth many times ours.

Final thought: Leroy Sane cost more than our entire team, and I wouldn't swap him for any of ours.

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I can't pretend I'm not glad it's over, but your cup run has been nothing short of remarkable. It's things like that that make it worth following your team.

Well said Miah, I hope us going out has cheered you up a bit because you’ve been a bit stroppy lately ;-)

The best cup run I can remember was the one that ended against Forest in the 88 Littlewoods cup. 

This season's was much better. It was a pleasure to watch and showed our club in a great light around the country on and off the pitch. 

Everyone involved cam be proud. Well done City! 

1 hour ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Everyone is right to mention the impact that Famara had in the second half, but I thought it also showed just how much we missed having the terrier Korey Smith in the middle in the first half. City were sensational and did control the game but there is no shame in that.

Oh come on, we weren't that good

We have suffered with injuries and fatigue.

With a fully fit and fresh squad we could be planning our trip to Wembley today. 

We can be immensely proud of the cup run which has put us on the world footballing map . Everyone at and associated with the club take a bow .

:clap:

Now let's get our promotion show back on the road .

Man City were excellent on the night, but the fact that they had to play pretty much their strongest team and had to play that well to beat us 3-2 with the last kick of the game is the thing that sticks most with me. Even in the first half, as much as we were under the cost, we still stood up to them. The thing that really stood out for me about Citeh is how physical they are. Not in a cynical, fouling way, but how good they are at protecting the ball and using the body to separate man from ball

Second half we were different gravy. Anyone who doubts Diedhiou's importance to the team needs to watch the last two games. We attacked them, we got behind them and we hurt them twice.

Just a great performance from us and one that I hope we can take into the rest of the season

Archived