IGNORED

Section 82 handbags

Hartcliffe red

14 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Weirdos.

clapping a player off who just knocked us out the cup 

Weird is keeping the ball when we were 1-0 down and 3-1 down on aggregate !! That's weird and embarrassing !

Shame we are even talking about it on a night like this as players deserve all the spotlight on them not idiots who keep the ball and fight each other.

35 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

It was odd how many were clapping him off. I couldn't really give a shit, but just feels wrong. 

Clap off an ex player (Wilbs) or an oppo player getting stretchered off, but the player who scored a last minute goal against us, not for me. 

People appreciate a class act when they see one . Oddly people did the same with Peter Crouch and I joined them !

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Three surely - Aguero, De Bruyne and Silva just so good. 

Yep you are correct. The standard of their attacking play and speed of counter attack was just frightening. No way any championship striker scores the goal Aguero did. 

I go down the football to be entertained and players like aguero and de breuyne are definitely entertainers, so I clap them off (after wishing them an awful game up until that point). I don't expect some pr1ck who can't handle his cider / charlie to start on me because I clap them off.

Also thought it was really odd why 30ish coppers chose to do nothing about it for seemingly ages. If they'r not there to sort out trouble, wtf are they doing?!

53 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Agree keeping the ball made us look tin pot. 

Wow fans having fun - get over it mate - the atmosphere tonight was tin pot not the lad hogging the ball. Selfies, half & half scarfs & xmas wrapping paper flags. Everything about tonight was the very reason I don’t want city in the prem. Give me 13k “idiots” week in week out who actually love our club rather then those quick to judge for people just having a bit of fun & enjoying the night the they have waited for. So proud of our team tonight but some of our “fans” were nothing short of embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, Can't stand me now said:

Wow fans having fun - get over it mate - the atmosphere tonight was tin pot not the lad hogging the ball. Selfies, half & half scarfs & xmas wrapping paper flags. Everything about tonight was the very reason I don’t want city in the prem. Give me 13k “idiots” week in week out who actually love our club rather then those quick to judge for people just having a bit of fun & enjoying the night the they have waited for. So proud of our team tonight but some of our “fans” were nothing short of embarrassing. 

Seemed like a lot of ST holders got tickets and gave them to their kids. Never seen so many U12s in AG.

Happened right next to me. As previous posters have said, the older guy took exception to comments (which to be fair, didn’t seem to be aimed at any one individual) made by younger fan about people clapping Aguero off. Before he even had a chance to respond, the older guy lunged straight towards him. Refused to calm down and even tried to fight the copper who came down steps to intervene. Deeply embarrassing, and unwelcome distraction from arguably our best spell of the game.

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Any excuse to have a pop bore off 

You've made you statement, got two positive and two negative reactions.

I said I wasn't sitting in that part of the stadium; so what were the positives of refusing to return the ball to the field of play in a match we were losing?

I didn't see the incident so could only guess as to why it happened.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Keeping the ball whilst losing the tie? Total tinpot *******

Man City were piling on the pressure at the time and we still had 60 minutes left of the game to get a goal for **** sake, which at the time was all we needed. Doing that slowed them down and took away their rhythm. Oh and it was funny, lighten up.

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You've made you statement, got two positive and two negative reactions.

I said I wasn't sitting in that part of the stadium; so what were the positives of refusing to return the ball to the field of play in a match we were losing?

I didn't see the incident so could only guess as to why it happened.

I'll refer you to my above post.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Weird is keeping the ball when we were 1-0 down and 3-1 down on aggregate !! That's weird and embarrassing !

Shame we are even talking about it on a night like this as players deserve all the spotlight on them not idiots who keep the ball and fight each other.

It was 0-0 not 0-1 so you've got that wrong. They were piling on the pressure at that time and it prevented them taking a quick corner which they'd previously been doing and wanted to do again (which is why Sane and De Bruyne both ran over there). It slowed them down, took away their rhythm and helped us regroup. All we needed at the time was a goal from the remaining 60 minutes of the game to take it to ET, and all the time gets added back on at the end of the half anyway, so I can't understand why some people have gotten so worked up about it. Was also a good laugh.

So personally, I wouldn't say it was "weird and embarrassing !!!"

1 minute ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

It was 0-0 not 0-1 so you've got that wrong. They were piling on the pressure at that time and it prevented them taking a quick corner which they'd previously been doing and wanted to do again (which is why Sane and De Bruyne both ran over there). It slowed them down, took away their rhythm and helped us regroup. All we needed at the time was a goal from the remaining 60 minutes of the game to take it to ET, and all the time gets added back on at the end of the half anyway, so I can't understand why some people have gotten so worked up about it. Was also a good laugh.

We were 2-1 down from the first leg so yes we were losing. 

That's fine 're slowing the game down but of course when a team does exactly the same to us those same people go mental because of time wasting. 

Personally I'd say it's debatable to call it funny. Maybe you had to be in there

1 minute ago, Donkeeebles said:

We were 2-1 down from the first leg so yes we were losing. 

That's fine 're slowing the game down but of course when a team does exactly the same to us those same people go mental because of time wasting. 

Personally I'd say it's debatable to call it funny. Maybe you had to be in there

It was funny because Sane was noticeably getting wound up over it. Personally had a good chuckle at it.

5 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

This is where we differ.

We were losing as I'm sure you must remember from Manchester.

Still, it isn't as if more ball in play time would have made a lot of difference, they were quite good. 

Morern football ladies and gentlemen.. all about clapping off opponents because they were 'entertaining' and also slowing down the opposition's rhythm and giving our lads the home advantage is 'tin pot'.. how times are changing ay. How the game is going though unfortunately :yes:

52 minutes ago, bris red said:

Morern football ladies and gentlemen.. all about clapping off opponents because they were 'entertaining' and also slowing down the opposition's rhythm and giving our lads the home advantage is 'tin pot'.. how times are changing ay. How the game is going though unfortunately :yes:

Yeah, all that 'sportsmanship' nonsense, eh?  How pathetic is that?

Just an aside, I have to say that "You're just a sh*t Man Utd" wins my vote for the most embarassing chant I've ever heard, and totally lacking in class.

20 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Just an aside, I have to say that "You're just a sh*t Man Utd" wins my vote for the most embarassing chant I've ever heard, and totally lacking in class.

Have to agree, I thought 'You're just a good man Utd' would have been more apt

42 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

:facepalm:

Archived