IGNORED

Section 82 handbags

Hartcliffe red

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Macclesfield's finest of course. Reprised for the Gulf War with "Saddam Hussein he lives in fear, of real men who can hold their beer"

Congratulations, Sir!

What a band, some of the finest lyrics out there

Fray Bentos and cheap red wine, is all they eat in the Argentine
But after a scrap with the English Navy, they'll ask for the recipe for chips and gravy

Lennon / McCartney had nothing on this lot!

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Congratulations, Sir!

What a band, some of the finest lyrics out there

Fray Bentos and cheap red wine, is all they eat in the Argentine
But after a scrap with the English Navy, they'll ask for the recipe for chips and gravy

Lennon / McCartney had nothing on this lot!

Agree. When you have songs as good as Fluffy Pup, Gordon's Revenge & Nagasaki Source it's no surprise I still listen to them. 

16 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Agree. When you have songs as good as Fluffy Pup, Gordon's Revenge & Nagasaki Source it's no surprise I still listen to them. 

I had about 3 come on during a Spotify shuffle about two weeks ago, they are brilliant. Not much of a singer, and the subjects could be a little 'out there', but the tunes they belt out are actually pretty damn good!

34 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I had about 3 come on during a Spotify shuffle about two weeks ago, they are brilliant. Not much of a singer, and the subjects could be a little 'out there', but the tunes they belt out are actually pretty damn good!

They've been a favourite of mine since school. From Beer to Eternity is an unbelievable album. Lyrics all somewhat frowned upon these days no doubt but you are right - musically they hit the spot. There's a full gig on YouTube if you get a spare 50 mins after a skinfull. 

33 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

They've been a favourite of mine since school. From Beer to Eternity is an unbelievable album. Lyrics all somewhat frowned upon these days no doubt but you are right - musically they hit the spot. There's a full gig on YouTube if you get a spare 50 mins after a skinfull. 

Yeah, same here. Found them when I was about 15, 30 years on they are still up there. Are they still banned from just about everywhere? I'd love to see them live

They must all be well into their 50s by now, hopefully they are all still with us!

I'll certainly look out for that gig. Hopefully it's the one with the following line in:

You're all very ******* jovial now, just wait until you get Macc Town in the 4th round
Play a real team
******* Leeds United, ******* pack of *******

Before heading into 'Bloik'. My Mum's face the first time I left them playing and dropped my guard.....!!

14 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Yeah, same here. Found them when I was about 15, 30 years on they are still up there. Are they still banned from just about everywhere? I'd love to see them live

They must all be well into their 50s by now, hopefully they are all still with us!

I'll certainly look out for that gig. Hopefully it's the one with the following line in:

You're all very ******* jovial now, just wait until you get Macc Town in the 4th round
Play a real team
******* Leeds United, ******* pack of *******

Before heading into 'Bloik'. My Mum's face the first time I left them playing and dropped my guard.....!!

The vid on youtube is "Quality of Mersey" - classic viewing 

On 24/01/2018 at 17:25, Spoons said:

They did it in response to is doing it ?

I've no idea their reasoning. Just pointing out that whatever our own fans thought of us doing it, it's a moot point as the exact same behaviour was displayed at the other end of the pitch anyway.

Someone implied that we were embarassing for holding up play and eating into time (from my recollection it was a minute at most) by chucking a ball around. All I'm saying that if both teams fans do the same thing then surely that indicates that either 1. they didn't care or 2. it's not a big deal to them. And if either is the case, why are we scrutinising our own fans so harshly?

I see the point that the behaviour in question was embarrasing to some individuals at our end, but so is the fact that some supporters don't sing to others. And that some always sit down at away games. To each their own I suppose.

Personally, I have no feeling either way. Had it gone on for 5 minutes it would have been annoying I guess as I had come along to watch football, not a game of catch. But it didn't, so I don't particularly care.

On 25/01/2018 at 13:48, CyderInACan said:

Just had a quick listen. Do you think we could have a few tunes before KO?

Archived