IGNORED

Kevin De Bruyne

SedRA

Firstly really proud of the lads tonight. I felt we showed a bit too much respect to them in the first half but 2nd half we managed to rattle them and deserved to be in the game. 

But secondly, I’ve got to mention Kevine De Bruyne. What a player.  Got to be up there with best in the world. Absolutely masterful in central midfield over both legs, he puts Pogba to shame.

He just magically appears in space all over the pitch and has the most ridiculous range of passing, all made to look so effortless. Must have been quite an experience for Pack and Smith. He’s also way more of a battler than I would have guessed. Fights for everything, highly competitive. 

Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne: "We played a very good game, we are pleased. We didn't give them any opportunities, we should have won three or four nil. We came here, we knew the crowd would be up for it but we managed to keep them quiet.

"After we went 2-0 they played some long balls and got two goals but we deserved to go to Wembley. I was out with an injury last time so let's hope that we have the same result."

1 minute ago, !james said:

Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne: "We played a very good game, we are pleased. We didn't give them any opportunities, we should have won three or four nil. We came here, we knew the crowd would be up for it but we managed to keep them quiet.

"After we went 2-0 they played some long balls and got two goals but we deserved to go to Wembley. I was out with an injury last time so let's hope that we have the same result."

Great player but how about him getting g a bit of humility just watched him being interviewed talk about arrogant and utterly disrespectful and not giving opposition any credit he's just gone right down in my estimation...

1 minute ago, keflav said:

Great player but how about him getting g a bit of humility just watched him being interviewed talk about arrogant and utterly disrespectful and not giving opposition any credit he's just gone right down in my estimation...

Agreed. Yes we went longer, but actually neither of the goals really came from that.

Yeah, he actually seems to be a bit of a moody brat in reality, but he keeps quiet and plays beautiful football most of the time so you don't often see it. Fair play, he won them the tie overall, but I think he might just be covering up that Man City are susceptible to crosses. 

4 minutes ago, keflav said:

Yeah I thought he didn't come over 'that well' during the interview then. 

2 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Yeah I thought he didn't come over 'that well' during the interview then. 

3 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Yeah, he actually seems to be a bit of a moody brat in reality, but he keeps quiet and plays beautiful football most of the time so you don't often see it. Fair play, he won them the tie overall, but I think he might just be covering up that Man City are susceptible to crosses. 

Yeah, I always think he comes across quite moody. I think he’s just highly competitive and focussed. Not really one for pleasantries. 

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

Yeah, I always think he comes across quite moody. I think he’s just highly competitive and focussed. Not really one for pleasantries. 

This sums him up really.

By the way, not saying that's a bad thing; of course he's arrogant, he's one of the best players in the world. Would have been nice for him to pay us the respect that Pep did, but hey ho.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So so fast. Don't realise how quick he is until I seen it up close. Add to that his strength, balance and touch. His passing and vision. What an unbelievable freak of a football player. I was smiling at some things I saw from them tonight. Imagine being able to watch that every week. 

He probably lost the ball once or twice over both legs? When you consider how audacious a lot of the passes he makes are, it’s pretty incredible. 

3 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I have nothing against him being highly and competitive but there was massive disrespect from him during the interview, it's a trait that will make him disliked and a target...

14 minutes ago, keflav said:

Could not agree more two long balls ? No Kevin they are called crosses into the box

1 minute ago, keflav said:

I have nothing against him being highly and competitive but there was massive disrespect from him during the interview, it's a trait that will make him disliked and a target...

Stop being so precious good grief, he ran the show today and when you were playing the ball up to your big lad it was causing us problems you started winning the 2nd balls and putting us under abit. 

21 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Firstly really proud of the lads tonight. I felt we showed a bit too much respect to them in the first half but 2nd half we managed to rattle them and deserved to be in the game. 

But secondly, I’ve got to mention Kevine De Bruyne. What a player.  Got to be up there with best in the world. Absolutely masterful in central midfield over both legs, he puts Pogba to shame.

He just magically appears in space all over the pitch and has the most ridiculous range of passing, all made to look so effortless. Must have been quite an experience for Pack and Smith. He’s also way more of a battler than I would have guessed. Fights for everything, highly competitive. 

Great footballer but what a fekkin’ bell end of a human being.

Tbf, he was right. Man C totally outplayed us for the majority of the game and they could easily have been 4-0 up after 60mins. That was a lot down to how good he was.

The only disappointing thing is he never mentioned that we didn't give up and gave them a few worrying times in the last 30mins. Ces't la vie.

3 minutes ago, McfcOK said:

Stop being so precious good grief, he ran the show today and when you were playing the ball up to your big lad it was causing us problems you started winning the 2nd balls and putting us under abit. 

Not being precious and agree what a great player he is but He still acted like a **** when being interviewed, it's a trait I hate in modern players a bit of humility goes a long way...

Who cares what he said, they did dominate for large parts of the game and did deserve to win. You do find that exceptionally gifted players are quite arrogant, focused and professional in what they do, for him the result was never in doubt.

Celebrate the fact we took the game to them when we could and the scoreline was as close as it was, the players were magnificent to hold their concentration for as long as they did and found a way three times to score against one of the best teams on the planet. That's the story we should be taking away from this.

16 minutes ago, McfcOK said:

That is a secondary issue. No-one from man city should be patting themselves on the back for quietining the crowd- it simply did not happen. We could not be more proud of our club and that was clear for 90 minutes. For De Bruyne to insinuate otherwise is a lie, and an insulting one at that. 

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

He is judged as a player, not by what he says. As that he is outstanding.

Ronaldo can be a bit of a dick, but I would still allow him to play for us.

The difference is that occasionally Ronaldo lets that arrogance take over his game. The reason I still can't stand him is that he is so self-centred that he often won't celebrate with others for a goal if he wasn't involved. De Bruyne works for the team and is a selfless player.

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

That is a secondary issue. No-one from man city should be patting themselves on the back for quietining the crowd- it simply did not happen. We could not be more proud of our club and that was clear for 90 minutes. For De Bruyne to insinuate otherwise is a lie, and an insulting one at that. 

Run out of likes - have a like.

9 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:Tbf, he was right. Man C totally outplayed us for the majority of the game and they could easily have been 4-0 up after 60mins. That was a lot down to how good he was.

The only disappointing thing is he never mentioned that we didn't give up and gave them a few worrying times in the last 30mins. Ces't la vie.

Yes, of course they looked like they were cruising for long periods, but for all that in the first half they we’re getting limited to shots outside the box, that were poor. Took a bad mistake on our part to let them in.

Actually thought we were nervous first half, and Man City entirely deserved to go though over the two legs. Thought we gave it a better go in the second half, and unlike the first game their winner was entirely down to the match situation with us leaving players up front.

I think they were cruising and managing the game, and for all that, 2-2 late on and Brownhill gets to the byline with loads in the box. 

Archived