IGNORED

Kevin De Bruyne

SedRA

De Bruyne not only has technical ability that is second to none he also bloody works his nuts off. Insane player, best I’ve seen in 40 odd years of going, and just cos he hasn’t bummed us in an interview about 20 seconds after the match ended I won’t be slagging him off tbh. Stop being so bloody sensitive and appreciate a top, top player when he turns up on the doorstep!!

I haven’t got a problem with a player being arrogant, as long as they’re good enough on the pitch to back that up.

Man City’s style of play is a joy to behold and I’ve never seen ANY team do it as well as they do. I honestly think we’re at the most danger when WE have the ball. They press very high without the ball and strangle the opposition into giving the ball away. Then, and this was the most impressive thing for me over both legs, their transition from defending to attacking is unbelievably quick. Two passes max, pop pop and we were sprung and they were through our midfield and onto us. It happened all night and I’m not ashamed to say that I enjoyed watching it. Just as a footnote from another thread, I clapped Aguero off when he was substituted, if you can’t appreciate just how good he is and show some respect, then you should probably go and give your head a wobble.

When all said and done, in twenty years time I’ll be able to tell my grandkids that I saw Aguero, KDB and David Silva all play live at Ashton Gate, because I’m sure we’ll be talking about them in the way we talk about the legends of yesteryear.

I know many people have done their "all time premier league 11" squads and many players who are chosen were from previous years of the premier league.

Makes you wonder whether KDB or David Silva would get into anyone's all time squad now.

Anyone put either of them in their team?

15 hours ago, McfcOK said:

Stop being so precious good grief, he ran the show today and when you were playing the ball up to your big lad it was causing us problems you started winning the 2nd balls and putting us under abit. 

I happen to take issue with people lying about myself or my club, particularly when it's done in an insulting manner.

18 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I know many people have done their "all time premier league 11" squads and many players who are chosen were from previous years of the premier league.

Makes you wonder whether KDB or David Silva would get into anyone's all time squad now.

Anyone put either of them in their team?

Silva yes not sure KDB has done enough yet although i'm sure he will.

15 hours ago, keflav said:

I have nothing against him being highly and competitive but there was massive disrespect from him during the interview, it's a trait that will make him disliked and a target...

De Bruyne felt his side were always in control on Tuesday, despite Bristol City's late fightback.

"The first game was difficult but I think we controlled it today," the midfielder told BBC Radio 5 live. "They didn't have a lot of chances and scored from two long balls. But the way they try to play is fantastic and a lot of people enjoy that type of football.

18 minutes ago, Super said:

Silva yes not sure KDB has done enough yet although i'm sure he will.

KDB goes straight in for me. Who else has been better Central midfielder in the televised era of English football (i dont recognize the Premier League, as when football started). Gazza, Glenn Hoddle, Bobby Charlton, Paul Scholes, Roy Keane?

6 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

KDB goes straight in for me. Who else has been better Central midfielder in the televised era of English football (i dont recognize the Premier League, as when football started). Gazza, Glenn Hoddle, Bobby Charlton, Paul Scholes, Roy Keane?

Scholes, Keane, Gerrard, Lampard, Viera were all top class who all did it over many years. Not saying KDB isn't top class and sure by the end of his career he will get into any team.

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

His post match interview was condescending and missed out the fact that his defence especially John Stones played like downs league defenders for both of our goals, just for balance.

I'd also have liked him to concede that he is ginger, freckley and has a silly accent.   ;-)

15 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

His post match interview was condescending and missed out the fact that his defence especially John Stones played like downs league defenders for both of our goals, just for balance.

I think he just blocks Stones / Mangala / Otamendi out of his thoughts....probably prefers to play with 9.  :P

The central defence is their weak link...someone posted last week that statistically Stones hasn’t been at fault for any of the goals they’ve conceded in the league this season.  Well he certainly had a hand in two of our three in the cup.

If you ignore their CBs (like KDB obviously does), then they played a pretty perfect second leg.

I do think they started fast, and we couldn’t get any foothold on the game.  We missed Korey in CM, no disrespect to Walsh.  

4 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

De Bruyne not only has technical ability that is second to none he also bloody works his nuts off. Insane player, best I’ve seen in 40 odd years of going, and just cos he hasn’t bummed us in an interview about 20 seconds after the match ended I won’t be slagging him off tbh. Stop being so bloody sensitive and appreciate a top, top player when he turns up on the doorstep!!

Quite right.  That was the best performance by any away player I have seen at AG.  That accolade has previously gone to Liam Brady when he ran the show in a 1-0 Arsenal top flight win in 1980.  Brady stood out in a game where his skill level shone out like a beacon in what was a bit of a drab but hard working physical match, albeit typical of the time.

What promoted KDB to my top away performer at AG was that, in my eyes, he stood out like a beacon in a team that was absolutely packed with world class players.

But opposition players are not football pundits.  He was just saying it as he saw it, and was not derogatory in any way.  Why do we expect opposition players to blow smoke up the club and supporters' collective arses?  All this whingeing and preciousness makes us look a bit tin-pot tbh.

51 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He certainly lacked any magnanimity but if I was a top, top footballer and proud to be playing for the PL Champions elect and the first or second name on the team sheet I might be a little disappointed that we didn't ease past a lower league team with more comfort.

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

De Bruyne felt his side were always in control on Tuesday, despite Bristol City's late fightback.

"The first game was difficult but I think we controlled it today," the midfielder told BBC Radio 5 live. "They didn't have a lot of chances and scored from two long balls. But the way they try to play is fantastic and a lot of people enjoy that type of football.

I'm not seeing anything derogatory in that. Too many snowflakes moaning about his comments.

17 hours ago, !james said:

Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne: "We played a very good game, we are pleased. We didn't give them any opportunities, we should have won three or four nil. We came here, we knew the crowd would be up for it but we managed to keep them quiet.

"After we went 2-0 they played some long balls and got two goals but we deserved to go to Wembley. I was out with an injury last time so let's hope that we have the same result."

Shame such a good player hasn't learned to be gracious in victory. Bristol City were incredible against all odds and so were the fans. Prouder than I can say of our team. De Bruyne might be a good player but he's also an obnoxious bighead.

13 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

blimey, I'm glad you're new to football, you would have hated some of the naughty songs people used to sing at us on the terraces :o 

I'm not new to football old man (if you're gonna make an assumptive comment I'll make one back)

Terrace songs are different. Banter is had by fans.

De Bruyne was giving an interview, not having a bit of banter.

I'm not upset, but he's gone down in my estimation, it's not hard to understand.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm not new to football old man (if you're gonna make an assumptive comment I'll make one back)

Terrace songs are different. Banter is had by fans.

De Bruyne was giving an interview, not having a bit of banter.

I'm not upset, but he's gone down in my estimation, it's not hard to understand.

I'm assuming that once footballers are on the pitch they're 'in a zone' that mere mortals can't understand. It's not uncommon for professionals (and i think we can both agree he is pretty much at the peak of his profession) to employ an array of coping strategies to get them through what most people would consider a hostile / high pressure situation and atmosphere.

For all we know, he really did block out the crowd effectively. It's really not a far-fetched idea, so i wouldn't take his words so personally. 

There's worse things in life than hearing a footballer say something you don't agree with! 

7 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

I'm assuming that once footballers are on the pitch they're 'in a zone' that mere mortals can't understand. It's not uncommon for professionals (and i think we can both agree he is pretty much at the peak of his profession) to employ an array of coping strategies to get them through what most people would consider a hostile / high pressure situation and atmosphere.

For all we know, he really did block out the crowd effectively. It's really not a far-fetched idea, so i wouldn't take his words so personally. 

There's worse things in life than hearing a footballer say something you don't agree with! 

I haven't taken it personally.

I think it's poor when a person- anyone- cannot bring it upon themselves to give credit where it is due.

De Bruyne is an incredible player, and Man City were fantastic, but they won't have faced many teams who have actually tried to beat them and been as stubborn as us, let's not forget both their winning goals were either the last kick or virtually the last kick.

53 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Quite right.  That was the best performance by any away player I have seen at AG.  That accolade has previously gone to Liam Brady when he ran the show in a 1-0 Arsenal top flight win in 1980.  Brady stood out in a game where his skill level shone out like a beacon in what was a bit of a drab but hard working physical match, albeit typical of the time.

What promoted KDB to my top away performer at AG was that, in my eyes, he stood out like a beacon in a team that was absolutely packed with world class players.

But opposition players are not football pundits.  He was just saying it as he saw it, and was not derogatory in any way.  Why do we expect opposition players to blow smoke up the club and supporters' collective arses?  All this whingeing and preciousness makes us look a bit tin-pot tbh.

so true - especially the last point. I don't understand why some people are so desperate for him to kneel down in front of the Temple of Johnson and pay humble homage to us. He has no obligation to do so either as a player or a human being. 

Maybe one of our players said something to him before the interview to annoy him? Or maybe he genuinely believes we were quiet (clearly, we certainly didn't put him off his stride); of course it's possible he really is arrogant; though it's probably more likely he was just buzzing after putting in a fantastic shift and wanted to talk about the performance of his own team? Either way, what does it matter? This cup run has gained us praise and publicity from all corners, the kind of which we'd never have dreamed about. Enjoy it! To be throwing our toys out of the pram on this is nothing short of mental (and yes, tin pot!). 

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

so true - especially the last point. I don't understand why some people are so desperate for him to kneel down in front of the Temple of Johnson and pay humble homage to us. He has no obligation to do so either as a player or a human being. 

Maybe one of our players said something to him before the interview to annoy him? Or maybe he genuinely believes we were quiet (clearly, we certainly didn't put him off his stride); of course it's possible he really is arrogant; though it's probably more likely he was just buzzing after putting in a fantastic shift and wanted to talk about the performance of his own team? Either way, what does it matter? This cup run has gained us praise and publicity from all corners, the kind of which we'd never have dreamed about. Enjoy it! To be throwing our toys out of the pram on this is nothing short of mental (and yes, tin pot!). 

I also feel that his comments are a bit more respecting of BCFC as a club that actually deserve to be semi-finalists, rather than treating us as "plucky losers" from a lower league.  Should Man Utd beat Yeovil by, say 4-1 on Friday night with Yeovil having made a good account of themselves, then you would expect to hear the usual "congratulations on your magnificent defeat" by the usual pundits.  

If were are to be taken seriously as a potential Premier League club, the first thing we, as fans, need to do is cut out all this "but he didn't lavish enough praise on us in our hour of defeat" nonsense!

It's not as if we haven't levelled  criticism at any aspects of last nights performance is it?

Just shows what a wonderful side they are when we can’t agree on who stood out. 

The term world class is too easily banded around but De Bruyne defines it. Can’t say I care what he said. He gets away with being arrogant when he backs it up. 

That said, Fernandinho was my MOTM. He mopped up everything and started most attacks with the simple pass. Class act. 

Archived