IGNORED

Aden Flint gets better and better

reddogkev

I'm sorry, I reckon I must have started too many Flint threads over the years, but what the hell, he deserves it.

Another awesome performance, scored, could have had another, and hacked a few more away from our goal.  After the game, when he had a little chat with Pep on the pitch and towered over him, as he does with most mortals, you could see the look of awe and wonder deep within Pep's eyes...

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I'm sorry, I reckon I must have started too many Flint threads over the years, but what the hell, he deserves it.

Another awesome performance, scored, could have had another, and hacked a few more away from our goal.  After the game, when he had a little chat with Pep on the pitch and towered over him, as he does with most mortals, you could see the look of awe and wonder deep within Pep's eyes...

Great post I was worried over the 2 games with the pace of Sane Aguero and Sterling but boy he was awesome for 180 minutes, will forever remember that headed clearance in first leg.

For me has now over taken Shaun Taylor and Louis Carey as my favourite all time centre back.

3 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I just think he gives something that no other English centre backs do. Absolute beast of a player. 

He will be in the Prem within 2 seasons - and the England squad will follow soon after.

Would be good if we get to a stage where Championship players are called up for the England squad.  There isn't a lot of difference between the top 7 of the Championship and the bottom ten sides of the Prem.

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

For you sir (I presume) £45million should do it.  Although, Flint is possibly already better than Virgil VD, so perhaps £80million might be reasonable!

You can have mangala and a limited edition signed poster from Oasis. 

Would be surprised in truth.

Not going to lie, was surprised to see you concede the two you did, just decent crosses in to the box. Might be they felt after the first goal the result was never really in doubt, but it always is. Would have been a miracle, but decent cross from Brownhill very late on you might have been scratching your heads thinking how the hell are we in extra time! Sometimes when teams are lumping good crosses in your box, for all the simply fantastic football you play you just need somebody who puts their body on the line to head in out again!

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Would be surprised in truth.

Not going to lie, was surprised to see you concede the two you did, just decent crosses in to the box. Might be they felt after the first goal the result was never really in doubt, but it always is. Would have been a miracle, but decent cross from Brownhill very late on you might have been scratching your heads thinking how the hell are we in extra time! Sometimes when teams are lumping good crosses in your box, for all the simply fantastic football you play you just need somebody who puts their body on the line to head in out again!

What is his passing like? his defending was excellent, I have not seen enough of him to judge whether or not he would be a Pep style defender though. Got to be better than us paying 20 million for Jonny Evans. 

I'm genuinely worried that if we don't get promotion this season Flint, Bryan and Brownhill may well be on their way. Brownhill today looked phenomenal, calm and composed, beat Man City players with deft touches and was always trying to make himself available and he's only 22. Flint, well Flint has been a sensation again and seems to go from strength to strength and then Bryan seems to be getting nothing but praise from everyone. I think all three of these players could play a role in a Premiership team right now and I'm sure with so many televised games we're getting a lot of Premier League clubs will have them on their lists.

On a serious note Pep was just praising Flint for his performance he comes across as a natural leader, appears we have just paid the release clause for Laporte of Bilbao. 

If you don't get promotion I reckon one of the teams going up will go all out for him. If so take them to the cleaners and give your manager the players to push on.

2 hours ago, McfcOK said:

What is his passing like? his defending was excellent, I have not seen enough of him to judge whether or not he would be a Pep style defender though. Got to be better than us paying 20 million for Jonny Evans. 

Not the best passer - distribution from defence is probably his main weakness.

BUT when he gets up the pitch, his interplay can be as good as our midfielders and forwards. He scores goals. He wears his heart on his sleeve. He is often the last line of defence when the goalie is beaten. A total legend for us at L1 and Championship level. As hard as nails but very rarely injured. He bullies players but he isn't dirty. The rock at the core of our team.

I would love to see him go further but absolutely gutted if we sold him.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Brownhill today looked phenomenal, calm and composed, beat Man City players with deft touches and was always trying to make himself available and he's only 22.

I thought Brownhill looked tired against Norwich and I said that if Fielding and Baker were not injured at half time he might not have seen the game out. 

Toinght I thought he was much better. Your totally right though. Only 22!! ...22!! This lad has it all. In an injury ravaged side we have his game time has probably doubled. I am sure it's taken a toll on him. 

But for me Joe Bryan was unbelievable. Each tackle, run and pass I could just see the price tag rising. 

Enjoy him whilst we have him... Most accomplished played we have produced in years. 

One day he will wear the 3 lions... That will be a great day for him, club and country.

Stevo 

Archived