IGNORED

Parking nightmare tonight

paulcityfan

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Wasn't being derogatory specifically towards you and your colleagues btw Julie.

I've just always liked using informal names for your profession especially 'rozzers'. 

As for the driveway thing, my in laws live near a school and the lovely mummies in their Chelsea Tractors, dropping off their spawn, like to park over everyone's drive. Nothing is ever done by the OB so it's just a case of avoiding school chuck in/chuck out times.

Just my experience anyway...

It’s fine, no offence taken! Probably one of the nicest things I get called. My favourite is rozzers or 50 !!! 

I will definitely check the law books though, and update ASAP. 

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Don't worry. While the Ashton Road was closed last night (presumably to aid pedestrian movement) the police had blocked the road for wheelchair users with their vehicles.

So while thousands walked through without a problem, I had to close the odd door mirror to allow my son to squeeze through. Just. 

Were all guilty of not considering others sometimes. 

We've all parked on the pavement at one point or another, I know I've done.

But when parking on a kerb (not in front of a drive/garage or on a corner), I always leave a big enough gap for a person and a guide dog to get through comfortably as together they are wider than say a buggy or a wheelchair. 

So many times I've seen a blind guy that lives near me with his black Lab guiding him into the road because some bellend has parked on the kerb and left a 2 foot gap or less on the pavement. Makes my piss boil.

7 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

We've all parked on the pavement at one point or another, I know I've done.

But when parking on a kerb (not in front of a drive/garage or on a corner), I always leave a big enough gap for a person and a guide dog to get through comfortably as together they are wider than say a buggy or a wheelchair. 

So many times I've seen a blind guy that lives near me with his black Lab guiding him into the road because some bellend has parked on the kerb and left a 2 foot gap or less on the pavement. Makes my piss boil.

Good on you Peg....Mrs Fevs pate hate.  We gave a guy by us who parks on the pavement.  That bit is fine, apart from it’s aside the lamp post, so Joe can’t get by....even I do a little bit of a crab-like shimmy to get by.  :P 

If he parked 2m further Down it would be fine :grr:

3 hours ago, beaverface said:

I know it's bad etiquette to block someones drive, but I thought the law stated it's perfectly legal to park across an empty drive way (thus preventing someone getting onto their drive), but illegal to block a driveway if someone is already parked on it?

I suppose this raises all sorts of questions if somebody has rented their driveway out for private parking, and somebody blocks the entrance because there is no car on the drive when they arrive!

That is indeed the law. I have recently had my arsehole neighbour being an idiot of parking issues. He has called out the police twice in the past week thinking as he has (imaginary) double gates which lead onto his garden ( no driveway or hard standing) that I can’t park my car 4” outside his house. I discussed this with 3 different officers who arrived on 3 separate occasions, 2xPCSO and one WPC.  

The law as you say is an offence if you prevent someone from joining a public highway ( which I did not). You do not have the right to join your driveway, garage, hardstanding, as it’s just a courteous thing, but of course no one would block anyone’s access anyway.

As for my neighbour, he has no gates ( just a post ) and they lead nowhere so he can go swivel, and so say the Police. :laughcont:

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Left Bridgwater at 5pm, came off at Gordano at 5.35 pm, it then took me one hour ( yes! ) to get from the traffic lights ( where you turn off left for the suspension bridge ) to Bedminster cricket ground. That was full, so ended up going out of Bristol to the new relief road and ended up parking up on Bedminster down at 7.20 pm. 

Ffs, open the park and ride!.

I left Burnham On Sea at 5.45 and got to the ground at 6.30. Always come off the M5 at WSM. Never a problem.

I've not used it myself but have it saved for an emergency - The Ashton Court car park with an entrance just by the Ashton pub (I think that's what it's called at any rate) is £1.20 to park and is apparently very lightly used, even for matches such as last night.

30 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I've not used it myself but have it saved for an emergency - The Ashton Court car park with an entrance just by the Ashton pub (I think that's what it's called at any rate) is £1.20 to park and is apparently very lightly used, even for matches such as last night.

Think it closes at dusk for Autumn and winter. Check the times on council website/parks. Open for the two big games only.

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

On the new link road you could have turned left into the back of Ashton Vale Trading Estate. Plenty of places to park and not so far to walk to the ground past the Robins.......and also, a quite escape back out after the game.

Thanks for the heads up mate, worth knowing.

5 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

what utter bollox! yes it's a pain in the ass getting tickets but these people get paid to do a job. I'm pretty sure they didn' grow up dreaming of being a ticket man but that is the job they have that puts food on there table

Thanks for that. Appropriate user name by the way. You must be a Traffic  Warden or mates with one. :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Benerz said:

Seems alot of people park on the Paxton Drive grassy area, which in turn has now been turned into a mud bath. But i regularly witness arguments when people park in allocated flat spaces there. Something has needed to be done for a while now.

Got to say, I park there almost every week and haven’t seen any arguments. Some bays are allocated and marked for residents. So you have to be a grad-A ass hole to do that, surely? And I don’t park on the grass/mud.

7 minutes ago, KevP said:

Wait till one of them gives you a ticket little sh#t. Rather than clog the forum up with your views why don't you  pop by and feel free to discuss face to face Saturday.....w16 row  15 seat 5. Look forward to seeing you. :clap:

hmmm there was me thinking a forum was all about views 

4 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Left Bridgwater at 5pm, came off at Gordano at 5.35 pm, it then took me one hour ( yes! ) to get from the traffic lights ( where you turn off left for the suspension bridge ) to Bedminster cricket ground. That was full, so ended up going out of Bristol to the new relief road and ended up parking up on Bedminster down at 7.20 pm. 

Ffs, open the park and ride!.

I got there about the same time. Seen the traffic and said **** that, turned off for the suspended bridge and parked down Burwalls Road. I was walking down to the cricket ground looking around feeling mighty relieved.

29 minutes ago, KevP said:

Wait till one of them gives you a ticket little sh#t. Rather than clog the forum up with your views why don't you  pop by and feel free to discuss face to face Saturday.....w16 row  15 seat 5. Look forward to seeing you. :clap:

Ah.......the little chap in the purple shellsuit...... :whistle:

Granted hands up I went about my parking rant in the wrong way and boy didn’t you lovely lot let me know that :thumbsup:,

however for any fans to miss the game due to not finding parking is disgusting (davefavs) , 

something really needs to change and a solution sought we’ve grown as a club and fan base so need to look at new options for parking it’s in everybodies interests . 

6 hours ago, JulieH said:

Last tine I looked if a car is blocking a driveway whilst a car is on the driveway and the offending vehicle is on a public road then we can ticket and get towed away for obstruction. Irrelevant if disabled or not.

i will double check law books tomorrow but certainly we can deal. We have 2 local pcsos allocated to each home game as a result of heighbourhood consultations whose main role is to assist in this type of obstruction etc . 

Please continue to call ‘ plod’ as 9 times out of 10 we have specific local officers on duty to deal with this type of problem ! 

Hi Julie, do you think you can look onto why so many cars were ticketed on Kennel Lodge road on the evening of 23rd January who were not blocking anyone at all. And only gone for a couple of hours. while you are at it?  Please

56 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Isn't it ironic that there's a real muppet who's green and his name also begins with a K?

Youre a clever one...pop along Saturday.  See the colour of the shell suit for yourself.  Muppet.:clapping:

Archived