IGNORED

Man City

Bs4Red

Not seen much regarding them, I absolutely love our club and have enjoyed our cup run but what an absolute privilege to see a side as good as Man City for 180 minutes in the flesh. 

I know they have an abundance of money etc but the style and sheer pace they play with is amazing to watch. The amount of times Bravo took 5/6 players out of the game with one roll of the ball was class. 

The best team I probably have ever seen and to lose 5-3 over two games is an unbelievable effort. We stood up and made them nervous enough to sub Aguero and bring on a DM.

Credit must go to LJ and Lansdown and all the players for giving us some amazing memories. Immensely proud of all involved so far this season. 

Now let’s have a pop at trying to get play offs 

Absolutely. It was just unfair to have KDB and Silva in the same side. Completely different class - especially De Bruyne. He’s like that kid at school that hits puberty before everyone else and they stick him on the wing at Rugby and he just destroys everyone. To think Chelsea got rid!

Yep, see them on the tv of course, but still amazed live just how quickly they can spring an attack in you. One moment you're attacking, then the goalie gets the ball, quick throw then 3 seconds later you're facing 3v3 at the back.

Also their pressing was so quick, hence the amount of mistakes forced from us, especially in first half.

6 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

I agree they are absolutely the very highest class, yet only beat us twice with late injury time goals.

True, but I’d also say a different class.

Something that should inspire everyone who wants what’s best for us.

At the moment we’ve got a long way to go to be able to compete week in week out with clubs like Man City, Man Utd and the rest but based on what I’ve seen this season we aren’t far behind.

21 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Spot on.

And yet if you want to clap one of those players off you run the risk of a Stone Islanded fist being thrown.

Mr Guardiola was wearing Stone Island last night.

There is a metaphor of a form here. Bristol City on the ball are maybe Marks and Spencers. Man City are not. 

28 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Spot on.

And yet if you want to clap one of those players off you run the risk of a Stone Islanded fist being thrown.

Or singing along to Sane is a****.

Nice. Some just don’t seem to be able to appreciate the better things in life.

Sane is a **** though.

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

Mr Guardiola was wearing Stone Island last night.

There is a metaphor of a form here. Bristol City on the ball are maybe Marks and Spencers. Man City are not. 

No? Imitation or genuine?

Once I was parked up having a doze in the car in the services just outside Crewe. This  surly European turns up and offers me a glimpse of his wares in his boot.....

Did Pep have little button badges on the SI badge too to “prove his allegiance” to his club? ;)

12 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

the It was the speed of the press. I thought we were good at it generally but they are on another level altogether.

The difference is that Manchester City Keepers have a higher passing accuracy than anybody in the Bristol City team. Their defenders - Stones is 90%+. That is what Bristol City were attempting to press, slide and screen.

Bristol City have players on passing accuracies 65% - 75% and Keepers distribution accuracy can be below 50% on occasions. Press that and there will be success. It is something that could lead to improvement if addressed for the Championship.

So assured on the ball and always seemed to find a good pass, hardly ever looked panicked even when under pressure, never seemed rushed, and the fluidity of the team and positions, god I hope we play like that some day - hope our lads can learn a little from them. Was great to see that quality of football at AG.

21 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

True, but I’d also say a different class.

Something that should inspire everyone who wants what’s best for us.

At the moment we’ve got a long way to go to be able to compete week in week out with clubs like Man City, Man Utd and the rest but based on what I’ve seen this season we aren’t far behind.

We were outclassed for long spells last night but no shame in that considering what we were up against. I think LJ will be a bit disappointed that we didn't pass or keep the ball very well last night.

I was gutted when I heard their team read out and it didn't include Mangala, Toure and Danilo. I think Pep knew that we might have a sniff with these three playing and payed us the ultimate compliment with his team selection. The best footballing side I have ever seen at the gate. 

Just now, Super said:

We were outclassed for long spells last night but no shame in that considering what we were up against. I think LJ will be a bit disappointed that we didn't pass or keep the ball very well last night.

There was simply no time!  As someone else said, I thought we were good at the press but Citeh were another level. Our players were given zero time to get the ball under control, decide who to pass to and do it. Saving grace is, after that masterclass, QPR are gonna look very slow on Saturday. 

52 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Spot on.

Or singing along to Sane is a****.

Nice. Some just don’t seem to be able to appreciate the better things in life.

Can't win with our fans sometimes.

People moan when the manager or players (i.e. Hörður) are criticized or there is no atmosphere during games. People accused of "not getting behind the lads".

Yet people then proceed to clap off opposition subs.

I'm all for sportsmanship, but save it until after the game.

As great a footballing side as they are, I still think there are question marks about their defense. I'm sure Pep will be addressing the fact that they let a two goal lead slip. It will be interesting to see how they cope when they play the likes of Barca, Bayern and PSG in the later European rounds. I wish them all the best. They are the best footballing side this country has seen since the Arsenal invincibles imho.

Never seen a better side in my life! It was an honour to watch that 1st half, albeit painful.

The way they broke at brutal speed. The way they connected up in midfield playing triangles etc, the way Debruyne and Silva ran midfield, unbelievable, Aguero in attack, it was amazing to watch. Second half sat in the dolman watching Joe Bryan outpaced by Walker down the right - you don’t see JB beaten for pace very often.

A truly memorable night at AG. So proud of the side as we gave one of the best sides in Europe a game over both legs.

Well done Bristol City!

Another who was blown away at just how slick they were last night.

I went to the first leg and Man City were nowhere near last nights' level, still good but, wow, how good were they with the ball last night and their press was brutally good.

I tip my hat them, one hell of a side and KDB and Silva make it look very easy.

We gave them a scare though and did better than most Prem sides against them. Take extra time out and we drew twice! :)

At least we know what to expect IF and when we do get up.

They were a pleasure to watch and the best I've seen in 42 seasons, brilliant! :clap:

4 hours ago, shelts said:

The best side I have ever seen at BS3

And that's the simple truth. Technically by far the most talented XI I've seen during my 50 odd years of watching City. Beyond comprehension the cretins who implore us to play in a higher standard yet routinely abuse any opposition player who is so gifted as to be a joy to watch. Good to see we've still a majority of fans who appreciate a good thing when they see it and offer appropriate plaudits. Hate losing but last night was something else and they were different gravy. Nice, too, the assessments and wishes coming from their fans afterwards.

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Another who was blown away at just how slick they were last night.

I went to the first leg and Man City were nowhere near last nights' level, still good but, wow, how good were they with the ball last night and their press was brutally good.

I tip my hat them, one hell of a side and KDB and Silva make it look very easy.

We gave them a scare though and did better than most Prem sides against them. Take extra time out and we drew twice! :)

At least we know what to expect IF and when we do get up.

They were a pleasure to watch and the best I've seen in 42 seasons, brilliant! :clap:

I believe the difference was Silva him and KDB playing together was unreal, they almost telepathically know where eachother are. Truly amazing 

3 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

I believe the difference was Silva him and KDB playing together was unreal, they almost telepathically know where eachother are. Truly amazing 

Yep, all done at such pace.  In the first leg Toure slowed it down so that we could get our shape, nor is he adept at tracking back.  Silva does it all without needing to be ‘hard’.

World class team, they would probably give most international sides a good game, despite the result it was a great night and a pleasure to see them at AG. I met plenty of their fans before and after the game and they were some of the best away fans I've ever met full of praise for us and wishing us all the best for the season and hoping we get promoted.

Archived