IGNORED

Man City

Bs4Red

10 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

As great a footballing side as they are, I still think there are question marks about their defense. I'm sure Pep will be addressing the fact that they let a two goal lead slip. It will be interesting to see how they cope when they play the likes of Barca, Bayern and PSG in the later European rounds. I wish them all the best. They are the best footballing side this country has seen since the Arsenal invincibles imho.

They have conceded 18 goals in 24 games in the Premier League. Dodgy defence then. :whistle:

54 minutes ago, weepywall said:

World class team, they would probably give most international sides a good game, despite the result it was a great night and a pleasure to see them at AG. I met plenty of their fans before and after the game and they were some of the best away fans I've ever met full of praise for us and wishing us all the best for the season and hoping we get promoted.

They would probably be odds on to beat every international side. I cant think of an international team that would beat them. 

It was a joy to watch us play a team of such quality and to stay within touching distance of them was a feat in its own by our lads. Watching the other semi final and would have fancied our chances against Arsenal but that’s one we can hopefully look forward to as a league game.

30 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They have conceded 18 goals in 24 games in the Premier League. Dodgy defence then. :whistle:

I didn't say their defense was dodgy, I said that it might be a relative weak ness to an otherwise world class side that could potentially be exploited by the likes of Barca or PSG.

Sorry ! Just another post to say how good Man C were last night. Unbelievable ball control from every player, precision passing. Scary pace in attack. Energetic, intelligent movement off the ball and Aguero's goal was almost as good as Joe Bryan's v Man U ! 

It was a compliment to us for Pep to put out a near first team team choice and a privilege to watch a world class team at their best. 

But - as many have said, we were not embarrassed last night and many PL teams have failed to score two goals against them in one game this season. 

The big question now is - can we take our brilliant cup run as inspiration to take us to promotion ? 

Despite some concerns about our first team being still tired on Saturday v QPR, I think the answer is

YES ! 

The only team I have seen in my time that were close to that level, particularly on the break were the Forest side of 78-80. Last night reminded me of playing them, that slightly uneasy feeling when we got a corner or an attacking free kick, that it could be trouble for us. Amazing pace and accuracy.

Archived