IGNORED

Bob Bob Super Bob

BigAl&Toby

Okey cokey.

I need to be careful about what I say for two reasons:

1. I too had my privileges withdrawn (not by my lady btw) for reasons that whilst I didn’t agree with I had to accept. I started a post that mods deemed fit to delete. My account was then suspended.

2. Whilst I’ve met Bob and have exchanged texts with him this week I’m not able to speak for him. Nor do I have knowledge of what’s happened.

The fact he hasn’t posted recently and his account appears to have been disabled speaks for itself.

I saw a post where Bob reacted and that seemed to be both an over reaction and unusual for a man whom I’ve only met once but who I found to be one of the most honest and genuine people I’ve ever met/shared an away trip with.

His posts are usually well balanced and well received. He - along with others - is a generous man who has gone out of his way to help others - often at a financial cost to himself - and I don’t think he’d mind me saying, Steve Lansdown he isn’t!

What saddens me is that when I see many other posts that are often questionable in their contributions to the forum, could be argued as being tasteless or offence, that a man who seems to have had an off day is now banned.

And if his claim is true, hasn’t had the courtesy of a warning or a reply to his question of why.

My view is that we all make mistakes and deserve another chance.

The forum will be a far worse place without him.

I’m pleased though that others share the same view. He and I will stay in touch and have plans to meet up again.

I don’t know if he still reads OTIB but when we do meet I’ll pass on regards.

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Before anybody posts anything they might regret later, it may just be that BBSB is ill or has had an accident and has been unable to post for some time.

The tone of BBSB's posts certainly changed from time to time, were often polarised even, but perhaps a bit of reflection before casting aspersions on his character.

Then again, I suppose the cantankerous bastard might just have been banned.  

I can’t send him a DM so I suppose he has been banned or suspended.

I got on very well with him, sharing lots of stuff on DM with him too.  He also had his ‘moments’ on here, which I don’t think were necessary (and remember it takes two!), but I stick to posting in the debates I want to debate, so scroll down those.

Obviously, not party to any reason why he’s not posting on here....and I guess the Mods / Admin don’t have to tell us anything.  Just think in this case it would put to bed these types of threads.  Couldn’t they just say "he is banned / suspended...he broke some rules", and then we could all get on with it.

@BigAlToby&Liam please pass on my regards too.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I got on very well with him, sharing lots of stuff on DM with him too.  He also had his ‘moments’ on here, which I don’t think were necessary (and remember it takes two!), but I stick to posting in the debates I want to debate, so scroll down those.

Obviously, not party to any reason why he’s not posting on here....and I guess the Mods / Admin don’t have to tell us anything.  Just think in this case it would put to bed these types of threads.  Couldn’t they just say "he is banned / suspended...he broke some rules", and then we could all get on with it.

He’s banned. :facepalm:

Will do @Davefevs :yes:

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@BigAlToby&Liam please pass on my regards too.

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

He’s banned. :facepalm:

To clarify my earlier post, BBSB has clearly been a City supporter for many years, I suspect from some of his posts dating back to the 1970s or even earlier, and has obviously been posting on this forum for many years also, and my 'cantankerous bastard' comment was meant in jest as I am sure BBSB, if is still able to, and still interested in, reading this forum would acknowledge.

22 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Why do I bother commenting on this? Well, to be honest i'm not looking to start trouble, but IMO he was one of the loudest critics of LJ and a leader of the pack of hyenas who ripped apart anyone on OTIB who dared support LJ and SL through that tough period last season. 

I think we are all entitled to opinions, that's what this place is for, but even when the going gets really tough we should respect each other. Easy to forget we are all on the same side and one BCFC family ultimately.

Call me a snow flake if you like

Oi Snowflake ;)

Never knew he was anti-Lee. The bastard never told me that. If I’d known that I wouldn’t have sold him one of me tickets for the Etihad or gone out of my way to pick him up!

I was and remain a Lee backer - never hid that. 

Perhaps like many of us he’s seen how times change and the error of his ways.

Couldn’t agree more with your other paragraph. I guess we all want the same thing and when we’re all dancing on the pitch having won promotion even Bob and whoever it was he offered to meet behind the Dolman will forgive and forget.

**** me it’s only a game. Passionate at times, but only a game.

Life and living it is far more important.

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

To clarify my earlier post, BBSB has clearly been a City supporter for many years, I suspect from some of his posts dating back to the 1970s or even earlier, and has obviously been posting on this forum for many years also, and my 'cantankerous bastard' comment was meant in jest as I am sure BBSB, if is still able to, and still interested in, reading this forum would acknowledge.

Since the early 70s. First thing he told me was he went to Leeds in ‘74......

Your cantankerous bastard comment was about right! He’d get that! And might even agree with it!

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Oi Snowflake ;)

Never knew he was anti-Lee. The bastard never told me that. If I’d known that I wouldn’t have sold him one of me tickets for the Etihad or gone out of my way to pick him up!

I was and remain a Lee backer - never hid that. 

Perhaps like many of us he’s seen how times change and the error of his ways.

Couldn’t agree more with your other paragraph. I guess we all want the same thing and when we’re all dancing on the pitch having won promotion even Bob and whoever it was he offered to meet behind the Dolman will forgive and forget.

**** me it’s only a game. Passionate at times, but only a game.

Life and living it is far more important.

Perhaps it was Danny Coles - I believe he has some background for this and it is possible that they are old mates and just wanted a chat about old times.

25 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Okey cokey.

I need to be careful about what I say for two reasons:

1. I too had my privileges withdrawn (not by my lady btw) for reasons that whilst I didn’t agree with I had to accept. I started a post that mods deemed fit to delete. My account was then suspended.

2. Whilst I’ve met Bob and have exchanged texts with him this week I’m not able to speak for him. Nor do I have knowledge of what’s happened.

The fact he hasn’t posted recently and his account appears to have been disabled speaks for itself.

I saw a post where Bob reacted and that seemed to be both an over reaction and unusual for a man whom I’ve only met once but who I found to be one of the most honest and genuine people I’ve ever met/shared an away trip with.

His posts are usually well balanced and well received. He - along with others - is a generous man who has gone out of his way to help others - often at a financial cost to himself - and I don’t think he’d mind me saying, Steve Lansdown he isn’t!

What saddens me is that when I see many other posts that are often questionable in their contributions to the forum, could be argued as being tasteless or offence, that a man who seems to have had an off day is now banned.

And if his claim is true, hasn’t had the courtesy of a warning or a reply to his question of why.

My view is that we all make mistakes and deserve another chance.

The forum will be a far worse place without him.

I’m pleased though that others share the same view. He and I will stay in touch and have plans to meet up again.

I don’t know if he still reads OTIB but when we do meet I’ll pass on regards.

Somebody died? Get a grip.

@BobBobSuperBob is a top bloke.

Last season we disagreed vehemently about LJ, and at times our debates got a bit heated, but that is to be expected when you have two people very passionate about the club who disagreed so strongly.

At the start of this season he had obviously noted something I had mentioned about issues stopping me getting to games and offered to buy me a ticket to the Plymouth game. 

He did this at a point where we were still disagreeing more than agreeing, and it was a reminder to me that the reality is that 90% of the time you do not know the person behind the username.

Personally I have a lot of respect for BBSB, who is a very knowledgable poster and hope he is able to return to the forum soon.

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

A friend of mine received a private message from him on here which was very threatening, I can only guess he "deservedly" has been given a short holiday from here because of that?

I don't understand why someone who posts so often got so personal with people, there are so many differing views on here anyway

Interested to see what @BigAlToby&Liam thinks of this now?

Agreed. Several of us have been on the end of unpleasant personal attacks from him - they’re pretty common - and I don’t mind admitting I’ve reported several of his posts in the past, but not recently.

He seems to fly off the handle occasionally and never apologises. Attacking the poster is one of his problems.

On the other hand, 95% of the time he is one of the most reasonable and insightful posters on here. He was in the  “Johnson out” camp when times were bad, but so were lots of people.

I imagine after a few cards he’s now got a suspension rather than a lifetime ban. That seems fair enough.

4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Agreed. Several of us have been on the end of unpleasant personal attacks from him - they’re pretty common - and I don’t mind admitting I’ve reported several of his posts in the past, but not recently.

He seems to fly off the handle occasionally and never apologises. Attacking the poster is one of his problems.

On the other hand, 95% of the time he is one of the most reasonable and insightful posters on here. He was in the  “Johnson out” camp when times were bad, but so were lots of people.

I imagine after a few cards he’s now got a suspension rather than a lifetime ban. That seems fair enough.

I've never been on the end of anything but thinking about it, I have observed this- maybe not so much personal attack but quick to anger on occasion. Perhaps too quick.

Agree with the bulk of the post, though would add if it's strayed from an angry forum post or a few into a PM which was very threatening as was alluded to, then that crosses a line in which suspension seems a sensible option. Big distinction between an open post on a forum...which is angry or not pleasant, even a bit threatening but seen by all...and a PM. A short ban/suspension probably right tbh.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've never been on the end of anything but thinking about it, I have observed this- maybe not so much personal attack but quick to anger on occasion. Perhaps too quick.

Agree with the bulk of the post, though would add if it's strayed from an angry forum post or a few into a PM which was very threatening as was alluded to, then that crosses a line in which suspension seems a sensible option. Big distinction between an open post on a forum...which is angry or not pleasant, even a bit threatening but seen by all...and a PM. A short ban/suspension probably right tbh.

I’ll clarify - no PMs involved, just some childish name calling after we’d disagreed. Definitely personal attacks. Unnecessary and annoying, but I didn’t lose any sleep.

Anyway I’ll shut up now. Even if banned, no doubt he’ll be reading all this as a “guest”!

15 minutes ago, Leveller said:

So that is what has happened again assumedly

I do agree he is a decent poster, so don't think I have any issue with him, it's just sometimes people need to take responsibility for their actions, hold thier hands up and admit they did wrong, then move on

7 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

@BigAlToby&Liam am curious whether you condone the fact that he was PM'ing people on here threatening them?

Do you think that warrants a ban or not?

Certainly not. If that’s what’s happened then I’d be asking questions.

What I would say though is that sometimes we never know the full truth or what lead up to it. Or how either party felt when they said or did whatever they said ir did.

We all **** some times/many times.

All I’m saying is that having met the bloke and having had other dealings with him he’s only ever come across as a reasonable yet passionate BCFC fan and that personally I feel the forum will be a poorer place without him.

Bit like it is now that Malone bloke and Dr Faustus are no more.....

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Probably the most prominent poster here, but with 13,000 posts you would be.

Unfortunately a jekyll and hyde poster - swung from making very interesting points (a lot I agree with) to being out right rude and aggressive, i've been on the end of it and witnessed it.

Why do I bother commenting on this? Well, to be honest i'm not looking to start trouble, but IMO he was one of the loudest critics of LJ and a leader of the pack of hyenas who ripped apart anyone on OTIB who dared support LJ and SL through that tough period last season. 

No doubt we lost a lot of good posters during that time, so many just didn't want to bother anymore and get 'attacked' - take @spudski for example (sorry for speaking on your behalf if i'm wrong), who was missed for some time in the dark days.

I think we are all entitled to opinions, that's what this place is for, but even when the going gets really tough we should respect each other. Easy to forget we are all on the same side and one BCFC family ultimately. 

Call me a snow flake if you like, but i'm still here posting. Many others aren't. I love OTIB and the characters on here, I feel like I know a lot of you, but it doesn't need to be the bear pit some people who know better make it sometimes. 

It got very heated on both sides of the LJ debate, most as far as I can remember gave as good as they got. Certainly the jibes were not all one way.

The majority were not willing to take another relegation - particularly perhaps those of us who had seen many before - and even many of those who had vehemently supported LJ were eventually publicly saying they could no longer do so - notably after PNE  away iirc.

The near miraculous end of season recovery and what's happened since will have surprised and delighted every City fan in equal measure. The events of last season are water under the bridge, and should be seen that way, and most posters do not harbour personal grudges from what was a difficult and divisive time for the fanbase as a whole, not surprisingly reflected passionately on here.

I'm sure some posters ( on both sides) found OTIB an unenjoyable place to visit at the time but I wasn't aware some posters were upset enough to quit OTIB permanently -  can you give a few names?

36 minutes ago, Selred said:

Too many people are talking on behalf of others, plus nobody knows the full picture.

What a ridiculous thread.

I am not sure the thread is ridiculous, per se, although I do agree it is somewhat strange that some appear to be condoning (or even disagreeing with) BBSB's ban, if indeed he is banned, without, presumably, being aware of the full facts.

On a similar note, I have often wondered what happened to the poster whose avatar was a man in a white dinner jacket (Red something, from memory) and the poster who insisted on discussing recipes for gravy: were they actually banned or are they still posting on here under different names? 

53 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Last season it got to the point where I had to put him on ignore which really upset me as he is a good poster. But the personal attacks, trolling of my every post became too much. I appreciate I have strong views, especially about LJ but imo it seemed because he couldn't change my opinion he launched a personal vendetta campaign against me instead.

In the end it made me feel pretty shitty and i almost got to the point of not wanting to come on here so I attempted to PM him and tell him how he was making me feel. I appreciate that people say he's a nice genuine guy and I honestly believe that to be true. But the replies I got to my PM were astounding and forced me to put him on ignore.

This season however I saw he had mellowed so unignored him and not had any issues since. In fact he's been quite nice to me.

Bob wasn't the only one and to this day there is still 2 posters who troll me but they have not took it to the level that Bob did.

I think what people need to remember is behind all these posts there is a real person with real feelings. Whilst it's great to debate there should always be a line that should not be crossed and posters should always retain a great respect for each other.

Bob if your reading this (and I don't mean to sound patronising) this forum will be poorer without your contribution. I just wish you was able to reign the personal attacks in.

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm sure some posters ( on both sides) found OTIB an unenjoyable place to visit at the time but I wasn't aware some posters were upset enough to quit OTIB permanently -  can you give a few names?

A witch hunt happened to anyone who was in the LJ in camp. 

I come pretty close to leaving here tbh. Even now I rarely come on here after a defeat as it can be toxic.

Archived