IGNORED

Leeds badge

CTIDhc

59 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

I first got notice of this about an hour ago, at first I thought someone had made an error or was taking the piss, but seems they're serious about this.  :shifty:

Feel sorry for Leeds as a whole, that team of the late 60's / early 70's was good enough to be one of Europe's best but were let down by a poor goalkeeper and ill-mannered tactics and lack of discipline.    They're not even Yorkshire's most successful club, Sheffield Wednesday have amassed more honours to their name if correct.

Yes that new club badge is ridiculous, seems a class of schoolkids were given a pencil and paper to scribble on and that was the end result.    If 10,000 people were really surveyed and six months of planning went into it as believed read, then it only adds further insult.  

Thing is the 10000 fans they surveyed we fans of other clubs.

5 hours ago, RumRed said:

Is he unscrewing his nipple?

Got a bit of heartburn?

waiting for his butler to put his watch on?

Delivering a calf?

or just trying to knock one out whilst suffering from shocking spatial awareness?

We need to be told.

Given the number of red cards they have had recently he is about to punch one of the opposition.

New Leeds United badge shows fan checking watch to see if he can go home yet

Leeds United new club badge

The new club badge unveiled by Leeds United today has been designed to reflect the reality of supporting the team as it approaches its 100th year.

The new crest shows a fan looking at his watch during a Leeds game and wondering if he can go home yet, as the designers seek to capture the essence of what it means to support Leeds United in 2019.

A club spokesperson explained, “There have been times, in the not too distant past, when Leeds fans were constantly excited at the prospect of fighting towards the top of the premier league; when they were regularly enjoying noisy European nights at Elland Road – but those days have gone.

“Today’s Leeds fan experience is more about scrapping for a point at home against Preston North End and wondering if leaving now means you might miss the traffic and be home in time for Take Me Out.

“It’s important we move with the times, and we feel the new badge really embodies the values of boredom, ambivalence and a general sense of wanting to be somewhere else doing literally anything else.”

Many fans have expressed their anger at the new club crest, with season ticket holder Simon Williams telling us, “I haven’t been this embarrassed to be a Leeds fan since we got dicked 3-0 away at Sheffield Wednesday.

“The club is claiming that they consulted 10,000 people on their way to agreeing to this new redesign, but having seen the atrocity they’ve eventually come up with, I can only conclude they were all Manchester United fans.”

http://newsthump.com/2018/01/24/new-leeds-united-badge-shows-fan-checking-watch-to-see-if-he-can-go-home-yet/?utm_source=NewsThump+Newsletter+Subscribers&utm_campaign=08fa36ec5e-RSS_EMAIL_DAILYBRIEFING1&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7d11245827-08fa36ec5e-422849221

7 hours ago, BCFC@Frome said:

Lucky our club have never tried a stunt like this......

At least ours had relevance to our club.

True that, count our lucky stars! although whoever signed off on agreeing to the font in my avatar had a similar moment.

Leeds marketing high ups have had a shocker there, it will be hilarious if they dig their heels in and stick with this atrocity of a badge.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

New Leeds United badge shows fan checking watch to see if he can go home yet

Leeds United new club badge

The new club badge unveiled by Leeds United today has been designed to reflect the reality of supporting the team as it approaches its 100th year.

The new crest shows a fan looking at his watch during a Leeds game and wondering if he can go home yet,

That’s good although it’d be funnier if he was looking at the date on his watch to see if it was time for their annual promotion choke yet.

While it’s amusing to take the rise out of a club that really does deserve to be mocked (apart from anything else there was a grubby LUFC fan on here noising everyone up after the 3-0 defeat at the Gate back in the autumn) I can’t help worrying that is yet another symptom of the fans of the game we love being ignored - Cardiff in red (albeit temporarily), Hull Tigers, there’s a good chance that Chelsea U21s will be contesting the FL Trophy and now this travesty.

It’s all painting a picture of the future that is even more unappealing than that monstrosity of a badge. :(

What I can't get my head around when things like this happen is how they ever get through the consultation process.  When something is so obviously awful, and is met with unanimous criticism and mockery - how do so many people with the responsibility to actually design the badge and make the decision to implement it not see what is so obvious to everyone.  Was there really no one at the graphic design company or the football club who thought it was terrible? 

I said the same about this season's Comic Sans training wear - it's the same principle.  But this is far worse!

Archived