IGNORED

Phil Neville’s Tweets....

Maesknoll Red

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

My view for what it’s worth, well I do qualify, is that I am just as likely to hold a door open for a man, woman or child and certainly don’t expect it to be done for me because I am a lady...but when someone does, particularly a man it’s really nice. I always make sure I thank and aknowledge the gesture, I certainly don’t just walk though like it’s expected.

Just as us ladies like to smile and accept the gesture I think some men like to make the gesture and get the acknowledgement, eg when I’m going towards a door and getting there slightly later than a man coming the other way he will step back and get the thanks when he could have continued. Nothing wrong with either situation by the way.

As for men giving up their seats on the tube etc. Yes I have been asked and it’s a tricky one. I don’t believe anyone should give me their seat because I’m a woman,  I’m not that old, I can stand etc, but once they have asked me I usually either accept or say I’m getting off soon but still thank them, I think it probably takes guts and certainly wouldn’t humiliate them or they might not offer again to someone who might need it more.

As for Neville,  I don’t find his tweets upsetting but not sure they, or his humour, would have looked good on his cv for the England woman’s football manager application. Anyway he got the job, I think they needed someone experienced as well as squeaky clean and have fallen short.

Good post RedM. I don't think there's anything wrong with a bit of good old fashioned chivalry but, as you say, good manners are just as, if not more, important. 

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

My view for what it’s worth, well I do qualify, is that I am just as likely to hold a door open for a man, woman or child and certainly don’t expect it to be done for me because I am a lady...but when someone does, particularly a man it’s really nice. I always make sure I thank and aknowledge the gesture, I certainly don’t just walk though like it’s expected.

Just as us ladies like to smile and accept the gesture I think some men like to make the gesture and get the acknowledgement, eg when I’m going towards a door and getting there slightly later than a man coming the other way he will step back and get the thanks when he could have continued. Nothing wrong with either situation by the way.

As for men giving up their seats on the tube etc. Yes I have been asked and it’s a tricky one. I don’t believe anyone should give me their seat because I’m a woman,  I’m not that old, I can stand etc, but once they have asked me I usually either accept or say I’m getting off soon but still thank them, I think it probably takes guts and certainly wouldn’t humiliate them or they might not offer again to someone who might need it more.

As for Neville,  I don’t find his tweets upsetting but not sure they, or his humour, would have looked good on his cv for the England woman’s football manager application. Anyway he got the job, I think they needed someone experienced as well as squeaky clean and have fallen short.

RedM don't normally spar with you as I am probably the idiot but if you want someone experienced and squeaky clean, You really must be waiting for that frog to kiss or a prince to wake you from a very deep sleep.

It does seem that some people would rather have a PC candidate than the best candidate.

I heard the FA statement regarding the selection process and it seems none of those who applied were from a minority back ground so they couldn't apply the Rooney rule.  Those who made the short list all backed out when asked if the FA could carry out a full background check.

They were left with no applicants so approached Phil Neville.

I personally think someone coming from the mens game into women football is a good thing as it shows that women football is starting to be taken seriously.

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Thank you very interesting, my only comment about Neville is did he apply for the job or was he head hunted?, the difference being that if he was head hunted this should have come out, in the grand scheme of misogynistic tweets the moron MP who won Sheffield Hallam from Nick Clegg wins hands down but he has still got a job somehow.

On R5L earlier they said he was head hunted after interviewing 6 candidates, a couple were no good, two dropped out when they were advised they be subjected to checking of history etc and one just dropped out and IIRC correctly one took another job, but that might need checking, as I was only half listening.

2 minutes ago, reddoh said:

RedM don't normally spar with you as I am probably the idiot but if you want someone experienced and squeaky clean, You really must be waiting for that frog to kiss or a prince to wake you from a very deep sleep.

It’s hardly the most desiresble of football jobs is it, and I’m not disrespecting the ladies but it isn’t is it. After the Mark Sampson business I don’t think they need anymore bad publicity. I’m surprised they went for another male, and a ‘name’ . I know very little about ladies football but I thought the more normal route would to be to recruit from ladies club football. 

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

It’s hardly the most desiresble of football jobs is it, and I’m not disrespecting the ladies but it isn’t is it. After the Mark Sampson business I don’t think they need anymore bad publicity. I’m surprised they went for another male, and a ‘name’ . I know very little about ladies football but I thought the more normal route would to be to recruit from ladies club football. 

I totally agree but perhaps the people taking the decisions (shouldn't be in a job).  It should be down to people who care about progress of the team.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, RedM said:

One of the ex England ladies goalies ( no idea of her name, cockney) was slagging the FA off on the radio today, saying a man shouldn’t coach women as they are emotional, have Women’s problems and a man can’t coach them because of that.

8 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

It is NOT humour. This is 2018 not 1918. 

As I said, each to their own Ivor. I'm not and never will be PC and I won't apologise for it. I learnt a long time ago to take things how they are meant and the world becomes a happier place rather than the lilly livered 'ooh I'm offended' world it's becoming. If you think that's not humour and is offensive, don't ever go and see Chubby Brown! 

You have your opinion, mine is different but it's no reason to argue. 

24 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

One of the ex England ladies goalies ( no idea of her name, cockney) was slagging the FA off on the radio today, saying a man shouldn’t coach women as they are emotional, have Women’s problems and a man can’t coach them because of that.

if they let a women drive she might get lost.

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

As I said, each to their own Ivor. I'm not and never will be PC and I won't apologise for it. I learnt a long time ago to take things how they are meant and the world becomes a happier place rather than the lilly livered 'ooh I'm offended' world it's becoming. If you think that's not humour and is offensive, don't ever go and see Chubby Brown! 

My final answer to you is to ask younger female members of your own family what they think of your outdated views Goodnight.

11 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

My final answer to you is to ask younger female members of your own family what they think of your outdated views Goodnight.

I asked my 16 year old daughter and she thought it was hilarious! Luckily she has a sense of humour, unlike some.

The number of laughs the original post received suggest you're in a massive minority so I would suggest you go back to your ivory tower, knit some lentils and look for something else to be offended by. You are everything that's wrong in this country, looking to be offended by everything. Grow a pair FFS!

Oh yeah, goodnight! :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Says It all when Chubby Brown is your point of reference when it comes to comedy.

5 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Says It all when Chubby Brown is your point of reference when it comes to comedy.

Never seen him. I do know it says on his tickets 'if easily offended, stay away' though.

Why not say what you mean? You've obviously got an issue with my post, please don't offend me though although I couldn't care less what people who find silly little jokes offensive really think TBH.

I genuinely cannot believe that a light hearted thread has descended into this crap, utterly unbelievable. 

If I sing CUM BUY YAH and buy some lentils to knit am I forgiven? #MISERABLEBUGGERS

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Have you seen every episode? Fantastic series.

All but the last series released on Netflix last month. I must admit the very first one made me very uncomfortable (Pig / PM) but then I realised it had really pulled me out of my comfort zone and that is maybe not a bad thing - luckily the rest of the series were not so uncomfortable. My favourite is the bee drones (for the twist) oh and the one where people had replay/recall as their whole lives were recorded in their contact lenses, that was really uncomfortable.

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Never seen him. I do know it says on his tickets 'if easily offended, stay away' though.

Why not say what you mean? You've obviously got an issue with my post, please don't offend me though although I couldn't care less what people who find silly little jokes offensive really think TBH.

I genuinely cannot believe that a light hearted thread has descended into this crap, utterly unbelievable. 

If I sing CUM BUY YAH and buy some lentils to knit am I forgiven? #MISERABLEBUGGERS

you missed out "my lord" I am off to bed in disgust (or just up to bed). night night

58 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

As a woman I find that more embarrassing that she said this. In that case no woman could possibly have a male boss in any profession then. 

2 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I'm waiting for that new TV series to start called Loose Men , where five guys sit around an audience of all men and slag women off for 30 minutes, while inviting a female guest to sit among them while they flirt with her. What do you mean that would never be allowed on air ?

Ah, loose sanctimonious cretins'! ;)

A like for you. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I'm waiting for that new TV series to start called Loose Men , where five guys sit around an audience of all men and slag women off for 30 minutes, while inviting a female guest to sit among them while they flirt with her. What do you mean that would never be allowed on air ?

I totally agree with this too. In work there was a lot of waffle promoting National Women’sDay, about women for women. No problem with that I said but when do men get an exclusive day. They didn’t have the answer to that.

We are reaching new levels of social media hysteria, slander is slowly morphing into libal. So we cant tell jokes anymore? If I know someone who has sent a silly tweet I have to step down from my job? 

Social media is a virus, what happened to privacy, didnt we have this conversation 20 odd years ago about ID cards? Now look at us, we are a shambles. 

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

All but the last series released on Netflix last month. I must admit the very first one made me very uncomfortable (Pig / PM) but then I realised it had really pulled me out of my comfort zone and that is maybe not a bad thing - luckily the rest of the series were not so uncomfortable. My favourite is the bee drones (for the twist) oh and the one where people had replay/recall as their whole lives were recorded in their contact lenses, that was really uncomfortable.

Shut up and Dance was my favourite one just because of the way the story pulls you around. Last series is bizarre, really hate a couple of the episodes but really enjoyed a few at the same time.

35 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

We are reaching new levels of social media hysteria, slander is slowly morphing into libal. So we cant tell jokes anymore? If I know someone who has sent a silly tweet I have to step down from my job? 

Social media is a virus, what happened to privacy, didnt we have this conversation 20 odd years ago about ID cards? Now look at us, we are a shambles. 

Pathetic isn't it? 

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

I totally agree with this too. In work there was a lot of waffle promoting National Women’sDay, about women for women. No problem with that I said but when do men get an exclusive day. They didn’t have the answer to that.

On International Men's Day, maybe? I do find it weird how, on every International Women's Day you get various men piping up saying there should be an International Men's Day too. And then International Men's Day comes round on November 19th, as it does ever year, and they don't even bloody say anything about it. But that's another subject.

Going back to Phil Neville, I don't find his tweets particularly funny but they are nowhere near offensive (or interesting) enough to warrant being dragged up seven years later. There are lots of reasons I don't think Phil Neville should have been given the job - primarily his lack of experience - but I don't think these tweets should be a factor. 

9 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

On International Men's Day, maybe? I do find it weird how, on every International Women's Day you get various men piping up saying there should be an International Men's Day too. And then International Men's Day comes round on November 19th, as it does ever year, and they don't even bloody say anything about it. But that's another subject.

Going back to Phil Neville, I don't find his tweets particularly funny but they are nowhere near offensive (or interesting) enough to warrant being dragged up seven years later. There are lots of reasons I don't think Phil Neville should have been given the job - primarily his lack of experience - but I don't think these tweets should be a factor. 

This was a few years ago, certainly wasn’t aware there was a day then, first I’ve heard of it now. 

Archived