IGNORED

Team for QPR

BCFC_Josh

4 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Depending on how the game is going, I’m sure he will get a run out. I’d drop Magnússon and Walsh from Tuesday and swap them with Diédhiou and Baker. 

I thought Brownhill was excellent on the right so he should retain his place, might see a cameo from Kent again last 20 minutes. 

But other than that, don’t need to tinker it too much. The boys have been playing well.

Apart from his last minute hash of a cross with 4 City players in the box. Baker was totally unmarked. Gutting 

So many fabulous options that  with a positive and (always) diverse range of opinions on this forum, every team / bench selection looks exciting.

How couldn't every City fan not go to this game if they are able?

Also good that we all now love, trust and believe in Lee to make the selection rather than any of us! We weren't saying this year ago!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think Pack will start.

As others have posted:

Steele;

Wright, Flint, Baker, Bryan;

Brownhill, Pack, Smith, Paterson;

Reid;

Diedhiou;

Subs; Wollacott, Kelly, Magnússon, Walsh, Kent, Diony, Woodrow.

Famara can do 45 minutes, get a break at h-t, and then do 10-15 more.  Then unleash Diony.

Paterson (who looked tired at Derby and Man City) can buzz around for as long as he can, then unleash Kent.

Got to go for the jugular on Saturday....got to go out there at the pace of Man City, that doesn’t mean go gung-ho, but QPR won’t cope if we do.

Agree, to a point.  Can't afford to be hung ho !
I still think Josh deserves a run central, he did well earlier in the year when we were rotating the MF.
45/60 minutes  for FD then give Diony a run is a good option, not sure what Diony is like in the air but we need a threat for when Kent comes on.

I'm loving this choices malarky, and we still have ODowda , Pisano , Djuric , Oneil , Lucic ... have I left anyone out ?? 

Screw seeing what people can do. We need to get back to winning so let's put out our best team. The obvious defence, Smith and Pack in the centre, Paterson and Brownhill on the flanks and Reid and Diedhiou up-front.

I'd like to see Kent, Walsh and Diony get some minutes at some point in the second half but only from the bench. Let's hope all three then make a case to be starting the Bolton game. 

Agree with this team that others have suggested:

Steele;

Wright, Flint, Baker, Bryan;

Brownhill, Pack, Smith, Paterson;

Reid;

Diedhiou;

At some point in the second half, Kent to come on for Paterson and Diony for Diedhiou (assuming no injuries requiring different changes)

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Screw seeing what people can do. We need to get back to winning so let's put out our best team. The obvious defence, Smith and Pack in the centre, Paterson and Brownhill on the flanks and Reid and Diedhiou up-front.

I'd like to see Kent, Walsh and Diony get some minutes at some point in the second half but only from the bench. Let's hope all three then make a case to be starting the Bolton game. 

As good we have been no win for a day or two. Think we now need that influx of new blood the current side as fantastic as they have been, I don't see us having the energy to carry us over the line (top 6)

Kent Walsh Fammy and Diony  have to be given there legs.

Ok not all in one game, but QPR at home Saturday has to be the time to release these lads .

If we stick with our tried and trusted side for the rest of the season think we will fall short. No guarantee these new lads will take us over the line, but a rest at times for pats and co might help us over the line.

11 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

As good we have been no win for a day or two. Think we now need that influx of new blood the current side as fantastic as they have been, I don't see us having the energy to carry us over the line (top 6)

Kent Walsh Fammy and Diony  have to be given there legs.

Ok not all in one game, but QPR at home Saturday has to be the time to release these lads .

If we stick with our tried and trusted side for the rest of the season think we will fall short. No guarantee these new lads will take us over the line, but a rest at times for pats and co might help us over the line.

In the long run I agree but Diony openly admits in his interview he has not yet had a chance to learn our style of play so surely needs to sit and watch for an hour before he gets introduced into the team.

Liam Walsh and Ryan Kent look good and I am sure they will become a force towards the end of the season but I don't think either of them have yet convinced me they should be first choice.

I agree we will need to rotate and rest as the season goes on but I just think, going as long as we have without a win, we need to start QPR with our best XI right now on the field. To me, that is - bar Fielding for Steele - the team that started the second half on Tuesday.

To be honest all the possible teams mooted here look good to me, with players returning from  injury and some solid looking acquisitions we have options again and we still have some to return. With the games being a bit further apart in February, we wont have our "weekend team and midweek team" we got for a while before Xmas, but we have the ability to make sure that all the players are as fresh as possible each week. 

So often people talk about teams that "come out of the chasing pack" to get promotion or play off spots, it would be even better if our run was from within the pack. 

It depends on the fitness level of the players who played against Man City: I'd rest the more tired ones.

2 or 3 changes could be ok. For example...

..................Steele

Wright...Baker...Flint...Kelly

Eliasson..Smith..Walsh..Bryan

..........Diédhiou...Reid/Paterson

It's true that we need to return on winning ways, but in some matches it would be important to test also the new players ant those who are playing less, at least until some injured players are back.

You have to say, whichever team starts tomorrow, it's lovely being in a position to actually debate some positions.  We went for so long with the same inevitable starting XI.  To now actually have some viable options and a proper squad is such a relief.

Still expect the below to start:

Steele

Wright - Flint - Baker - Bryan

Brownhill - Smith - Pack - Paterson

Diedhiou - Reid

Then I expect we are likely to see Kent, Walsh and Diony for Paterson, Smith and Diedhiou respectively.

All subject to the unpredictable nature of the game of course.

I think he look to start with his strongest 11. So depending on Pato and Fammy that’s 442 with Walsh and Maggers on the bench. Then options to change or blood newer players from the bench depending on whether we have broken them down.

Steele

Wright  Flint   Baker  Bryan

Brown  Smith  Pack  Patterson

Reid  Diedhou

Bench:

Magnuson Walsh 

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

You have to say, whichever team starts tomorrow, it's lovely being in a position to actually debate some positions.  We went for so long with the same inevitable starting XI.  To now actually have some viable options and a proper squad is such a relief.

Still expect the below to start:

Steele

Wright - Flint - Baker - Bryan

Brownhill - Smith - Pack - Paterson

Diedhiou - Reid

Then I expect we are likely to see Kent, Walsh and Diony for Paterson, Smith and Diedhiou respectively.

All subject to the unpredictable nature of the game of course.

Agreed. He’ll start with our strongest 11 

sorry realised id repeated your post and didn’t mean to post mine

Archived