IGNORED

How much did we earn?

JasonM88

Obviously not a huge amount in prize money, only around £50,000. But how much, would’ve that run earnt the club.

Big attendance’s against Palace, United and City, home and away. I’d hazard a guess it’s probably made them around 2.5 million, perhaps more. 

Plus the priceless constant media coverage. 

I can't be the only one not arsed about the amount of money we earnt? How much could it actually have been?

Much more important was the confidence this run brought to the players and how well that's served us in the league up til now.

EFL Cup Prize Money Breakdown
ROUNDS WINNERS PRIZE MONEY
Round 1 35 (total 70 teams enters round 1) £5,000
Round 2 24 (13 premier league teams join 35 round 1 winners) £7,000
Round 3 16 (24 round-2 winners joined by 8 premier league teams playing in Europe) £10,000
Round 4 8 (winners of round 2) £15,000
Quarterfinals 4 £20,000
Semifinals 2 £25,000
Runners-up 1 £50,000
Winners 1 £100,000

13 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

More importantly the exposure it has brought.  This I am sure helps when it comes to bringing in new players.

Exactly, and anyone can blame the run if we end up outside the playoffs but in the bigger picture it has been superb for everyone imo.

You know what though.

The money is great, the confidence this will hopefully bring forward is also terrific, the exposure is invaluable. It's all good. Plus the fact it gave players, squad players much needed game-time which has helped them step up in the wake of our injury crisis.

For me though, the best bit is the memories, the steady building of momentum- didn't make the Watford game but was at all the home games.  Cup runs are just great tbh, we haven't had a good one for years prior to this!

money always helps, 

but the joy to watch and excitement it has brought is far more important, the boost it has given the players and fans a like is priceless 

hopefully to continue into the league as that is and should be the focus now, i dont think the focus was lost by the way 

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

with ticket sales and tv money it's prob earnt the club 5 million 

Think that might be a slightly ambitious estimate!

45% of gate receipts, all bar our last two home games were fairly heavily discounted, not sure what the television revenue would have been but I'd guess the 3 games probably generated 250k (100k for a home club and 50k away?)

Two games with over priced hospitality.

If they 'made' 750k they will have done well.

15 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:
EFL Cup Prize Money Breakdown
ROUNDS WINNERS PRIZE MONEY
Round 1 35 (total 70 teams enters round 1) £5,000
Round 2 24 (13 premier league teams join 35 round 1 winners) £7,000
Round 3 16 (24 round-2 winners joined by 8 premier league teams playing in Europe) £10,000
Round 4 8 (winners of round 2) £15,000
Quarterfinals 4 £20,000
Semifinals 2 £25,000
Runners-up 1 £50,000
Winners 1 £100,000

Quite staggering the small sums of money involved in the competition.. the TV deals really do hold the game together dont they financially when you look at tables like that

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Quite staggering the small sums of money involved in the competition.. the TV deals really do hold the game together dont they financially when you look at tables like that

Would guess it's one of the cheaper competitions to sponsor.

The prize money is nothing compared to the FA Cup.

over the cup run I spent around £250 - I am sure some spent more, some less but that's got to be £4 - 5 million on gates, food, drinks etc alone - add Hospitality, TV money, and the publicity that it has brought I am sure the club are pretty damned happy.

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

over the cup run I spent around £250 - I am sure some spent more, some less but that's got to be £4 - 5 million on gates, food, drinks etc alone - add Hospitality, TV money, and the publicity that it has brought I am sure the club are pretty damned happy.

If you quantify the coverage and exposure generated and can put a value on that, then I would imagine it would be in the millions.

But I still think a number or 4 or 5 million is way too high.

51 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You know what though.

The money is great, the confidence this will hopefully bring forward is also terrific, the exposure is invaluable. It's all good. Plus the fact it gave players, squad players much needed game-time which has helped them step up in the wake of our injury crisis.

For me though, the best bit is the memories, the steady building of momentum- didn't make the Watford game but was at all the home games.  Cup runs are just great tbh, we haven't had a good one for years prior to this!

All combined with the fact it's reiterated to all the SAG's that the Gap is in fact a chasm :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If you quantify the coverage and exposure generated and can put a value on that, then I would imagine it would be in the millions.

But I still think a number or 4 or 5 million is way too high.

96,000 home fans 52,000 away fans - tickets, food and drink, hospitality, half season tickets sales for man utd game, TV monies, increased advertising for those games, I would be surprised if it was less than £4 mill. But agree the publicity, priceless.

Prize money £25k (looking at the table above ) , attendance quick look about 160,000 so about 75,000 average £25 a ticket? Very roughly £1.9m . Not sure how much for a televised game, and a Semi final may be more but I'd guess 2.5 to 3 million tops.

Not taking into account hospitality or off field business and sponsors.

Posted too early , but @Fiale beat me too it anyway. The publicity , and good vibes from the media and pundits is absolutely priceless.
It will help with almost everything from new sponsors, attracting players and loan moves and more. Not just getting to the SF , but the praise for our style and quality will help us in the long term.

16 hours ago, Leveller said:

A lot of OTIBs turned their noses up at the idea of a Carabao Cup run pre Plymouth.

In fact it has brought us cash, publicity, international respect and self belief.

Lets hear it for cup runs! 

A lot of fans, managers, pundits, media etc turn their noses up at the cup competitions, which considering the majority of teams only have 3 chances of any silverware each season is crazy! Makes me laugh fans of lower end Prem clubs going it's Mickey Mouse competition, it's not what it used to be etc.

You can get much more Mickey Mouse than celebrating finishing 10th over 12th or whatever. It's s about time all clubs from the money men down started taking these competitions seriously. Football is all about trophies. I think it was Rio Ferdinand who said, I don't put final league positions in the trophy cabinet! 

Ignoring the financial rewards, the fantastic publicity we've had across the World as well as huge amounts of praise for our club from pundits, the press, opposition players and managers has been amazing.

People are genuinely interested in us which can only be a good thing when it comes to crowds, sponsorship and potential signings.

Who'd have thought it this time last year?

Well done to everyone at the club, brilliant stuff!

Archived