IGNORED

QPR's Keith Stroud - What a Thunderc.....! (NSFW)

Never to the dark side

20 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Also he insisted that when we has a free kick it had to be on the exact spot when it made no difference but a few times let qpr take from different position.

We had a defensive free kick in the first half that was ordered to be re-taken. I could have sworn the reason given by Stroud according to his arm motions was not that it was taken from the wrong place but the ball had not left the penalty box?

Afaik that is a rule for goal kicks not free kicks.

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

If you stick his name into a twitter search, you realise that it's not just us, he's universally unpopular. 

That's the worrying thing about him, let's face it most of us don't know the names of refs that take charge of our games, even if they have a poor game they generally aren't remembered but ask fans of almost any football league club and mention Keith stroud and all of them recoil in horror, that's how bad he is, worst ref in the football league by a mile. 

8 minutes ago, cityal said:

We had a defensive free kick in the first half that was ordered to be re-taken. I could have sworn the reason given by Stroud according to his arm motions was not that it was taken from the wrong place but the ball had not left the penalty box?

Afaik that is a rule for goal kicks not free kicks.

I thought the same, but the following is from the FA website:

If, when a free kick is taken by the defending team inside its penalty area, the ball is not kicked directly out of the penalty area the kick is retaken.

7 minutes ago, Dman_Red said:

I thought the same, but the following is from the FA website:

If, when a free kick is taken by the defending team inside its penalty area, the ball is not kicked directly out of the penalty area the kick is retaken.

I'll hold my hands up - My mistake

Assumed he got that wrong like a lot of other things today.

STOPPRESS! Keith Stroud in knowing the laws shocker!!

He made some poor decisions today.  Baker’s red was the correct decision imho.

But, boy, were his assistants bad today.  Dunno what Joe Bryan has done to upset them, but he got whacked a good few times, and on a couple of occasions he had a foul given against him!

The Lino by the Lansdown stand incurred my verbals several times.

Joe reckons their full back whacked the Lino in the 2nd half, but I missed it...anyone see it?

1 hour ago, Super said:

Only thing he got right for me was the sending off. He was shocking worst one was smith miskicking and falling over and gets a free kick!

have you actually seen the incident again, I know the ref does not yet have the power of a replay but it was NOT a sending off, he won the ball perfectly, in real time it looked bad I will admit, look at it again baker must have been livid. a hard tackle yes but the player fell over him after he had pushed the ball out of play.

Difficult to say what the worst Stroud decision was today - there were so many.

Perhaps it was when he gave a non-existent foul just outside our box after their player fell over having miscued a shot and then - 30 seconds later - ignored their left winger handling the ball like a Harlem Globetrotter from the subsequent free kick. 

The bloke is a disgrace to the game.

Having watched Colin Murray's show my thoughts are....

Baker is off the ground and could be deemed out of control because of that. I said at the time yellow, mate said red straight away, looking back red.

The Matt Smith air shot. At the time I was calling the ref all sorts of things , as he goes to shoot he catches Flints leg with his huge wind up back lift. It makes him miss his shot. Harsh but I can see why it was given even though I don't agree.

Didn't see the Lino incident, but my mate said he should walk. Haven't seen anything on highlights yet, not sure if City will put extended clips up.

Lastly , big hand for mystic meg , it was us sadly.

On 25/01/2018 at 20:06, nickolas said:

Hopefully his average of 1 in 4 red cards haunts qpr on saturday rather than us!

Archived