IGNORED

What might this mean for our existing strikers?

LondonBristolian

I'm excited about Diony and can't wait to see what he can do. However this does mean we now have seven strikers. I definitely wanted to see a forward come in this window but what do we think this means for others at the club?

I assume Reid, Diedhiou and Diony will be the ones pushing for regular starts, plus Djuric when he is back but I'm not sure how long that will be. 

Rightly or wrongly, I think this probably is the end of Engvall's time at the club and I think he'll be gone - at least on loan but perhaps permanently - by the end of the window. 

What about Woodrow and Taylor? I presume we could not cancel Woodrow's loan, even if we wanted to, without his and Fulham's say-so and so I wonder if he will be around but scarcely feature. Taylor I'm not so sure on. He has good moments but I feel he hasn't yet done enough on a consistent basis to push for a regular starting spot and is surely fifth choice one everyone is fit. Do others think he'll stick around or will he be gone come the end of the window?

If Taylor was loaned to a League 1 club (which I just can’t see), what a statement that would be about his ability. You don’t sign someone from the division below only to loan them back there one year later. I think Taylor will be gone permanently in the summer. Works hard, decent movement, but too much of the headless chicken about him. And his finishing is woeful.

We've got a shot at a place in the Premiership so why would we want to lessen our resources?

With regard to Woodrow specifically, why on earth would we want to leave ourselves open to any possibility, remote as it may be, of him scoring against us between now and the end of the season??? 

The necessary pruning can be done in the summer. January should be all about strengthening, not weakening.

Agent Taylor should be loaned to a Championship club e.g. Burton and paid by us to score as many goals as possible. Burton getting a result against some of these would be bloody useful

Sat Feb 3 Aston Villa A 

Sat Feb 10 Ipswich Town A 
Sat Feb 17 Nottingham Forest H Emirates FA Cup 5 
Tue Feb 20 Barnsley A 
Sat Feb 24 Millwall H 
Sat Mar 3 Sheffield United A 
Tue Mar 6 Brentford H
Sat Mar 10 Bristol City H

Sat Mar 17 Wolverhampton Wanderers 
Sat Mar 31 Cardiff City A 
Mon Apr 2 Middlesbrough H
Sat Apr 7 Birmingham City A 
Tue Apr 10 Hull City H 
Sat Apr 14 Derby County H

Sat Apr 21 Sunderland A 
Sat Apr 28 Bolton Wanderers H 
Sun May 6 Preston North End A 

1 minute ago, Lord Northski said:

Agent Taylor should be loaned to a Championship club e.g. Burton and paid by us to score as many goals as possible. Burton getting a result against some of these would be bloody useful

Sat Feb 3 Aston Villa A 

Sat Feb 10 Ipswich Town A 
Sat Feb 17 Nottingham Forest H Emirates FA Cup 5 
Tue Feb 20 Barnsley A 
Sat Feb 24 Millwall H 
Sat Mar 3 Sheffield United A 
Tue Mar 6 Brentford H
Sat Mar 10 Bristol City H

Sat Mar 17 Wolverhampton Wanderers 
Sat Mar 31 Cardiff City A 
Mon Apr 2 Middlesbrough H
Sat Apr 7 Birmingham City A 
Tue Apr 10 Hull City H 
Sat Apr 14 Derby County H

Sat Apr 21 Sunderland A 
Sat Apr 28 Bolton Wanderers H 
Sun May 6 Preston North End A 

We pay him to do that for us....

Diedhiou and Reid currently starters imo, with Diony challenging both. Pato returns to his native wing. Woodrow goes at the end of the season, likely Gustav too. I’d like Matty to stay as cover, I like his energetic play and still think he has a chance at this level.  

With Djuric, just have to play it by ear with his injury. 

Archived