IGNORED

Security Checks

CitySSeven

6 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

If you have nothing to hide , then I don't see a problem with it. 

The annoying thing is how the flares get in  ?

The annoying thing is people still want to take flares into the ground.

The club has been warned/fined why persist.

And people were asking why the reduced ticket allocation at Villa and why a heavy police presence at the Man City games.

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks.

Hmm. Don't see how you get time to give 8,000 people a pat down in an hour and a half with just 8 stewards? (Working on assumption gates didn't open until 6.15pm like at AG for a 7.45pm ko).

Indeed.

The visitor supporter guide confirms turnstiles as opening 90 minutes before kickoff.

7680 fans across 8 stewards = 960 supporters per steward.

Assuming there's a 90 minute window, that means 10.66 fans being searched per minute on average -that's 5.625 seconds per search! And that's naively assuming there number of people there to be searched at 6.15 is likely to be equal to those rocking up 20 minutes before kickoff.

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Indeed.

The visitor supporter guide confirms turnstiles as opening 90 minutes before kickoff.

Assuming there's a 90 minute window, that means 10.66 fans being searched per minute on average -that's 5.625 seconds per search! And that's naively assuming there number of people there to be searched at 6.15 is likely to be equal to those rocking up 20 minutes before kickoff.

I mean, I don't doubt what people say necessarily...I just don't see how it would have been possible! 5.625 seconds per search working constantly.

Like you say too, a lot more show up 20 mins before ko, as at all grounds. Unless it was some sort of division whereby sniffer dogs check x and stewards check y maybe.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I mean, I don't doubt what people say necessarily...I just don't see how it would have been possible! 5.625 seconds per search working constantly.

Like you say too, a lot more show up 20 mins before ko, as at all grounds. Unless it was some sort of division whereby sniffer dogs check x and stewards check y maybe.

I was there relatively early and was searched but I personally didn't see enough search stewards to suggest they could do everyone if there was a increased flow of arrivals from say 7.15pm onwards.

On 25/01/2018 at 16:54, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Been to a few stadia in Europe where I was full body searched three times before getting into the ground by stewards and local pod.. Also had my ID checked at each search and my bag thoroughly searched. Attendances in the 30ks and everyone is in by KO.

4 searches and anything that could be thrown confisctated at Galatasaray 11 years ago.

At least it was that for everyone else.

When they knew I was English we got walked past the entire set of searches and allowed straight in.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

4 searches and anything that could be thrown confisctated at Galatasaray 11 years ago.

When they knew I was English we got walked past the entire set of searches and allowed straight in.

Went to Galatasary at the start of December and was the strictest security I've ever been through. That said when they found out I was English (I didn't know they were asking me to unzip my jacket pre-search) I was not afforded that same comfort. 

They were thorough, with a copper running a wipe round my waistband to make sure I wasn't concealing explosives in my undies. 

3 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Went to Galatasary at the start of December and was the strictest security I've ever been through. That said when they found out I was English (I didn't know they were asking me to unzip my jacket pre-search) I was not afforded that same comfort. 

They were thorough, with a copper running a wipe round my waistband to make sure I wasn't concealing explosives in my undies. 

I was 11 at the time. Probably had something to do with it ;)

Did make me laugh, there were people selling air horns which would get one or two uses before being confiscated and put on a pile. Then the vendors would take them off the pile and sell them again.

23 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I can’t believe that the fan village is a public area as it’s partly on Marina Dolman Way and partly on the car park, both owned by City / Bristol Sport. As such City can introduce any checks it wants. 

There is a public footpath from Winterstoke Road, through the car park to Raynes Road, and (I believe) a permissible footpath along Marina Dolman Way.

30 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Haha! Mate of mine went to a few Fenerbahce games and got searched a little more "thoroughly" the minute they heard his accent. Amazing that a lot of foreign countries still see all English football fans as hools.

Unless you're an 11 year old @JamesBCFC of course!

That all said, every time I've been to Europe to watch football and someone twigs I'm English, I've had the proper hospitality tour of the hardcore sections and don't have to buy a drink all night.

15 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Haha! Mate of mine went to a few Fenerbahce games and got searched a little more "thoroughly" the minute they heard his accent. Amazing that a lot of foreign countries still see all English football fans as hools.

Unless you're an 11 year old @JamesBCFC of course!

That all said, every time I've been to Europe to watch football and someone twigs I'm English, I've had the proper hospitality tour of the hardcore sections and don't have to buy a drink all night.

I remember after the game Fenerbahce and Besiktas fans were beeping their horns and celebrating the fact Galatasaray drew against a mid-table side.

The culture is so different, but would love to go again.

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:23, Mr Popodopolous said:

OK did anyone get into the Etihad without being searched?

If everyone got searched somehow they managed it without significant delays.

10 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

OK did anyone get into the Etihad without being searched?

If everyone got searched somehow they managed it without significant delays.

There are probably ways using technology to speed it up. Someone said they had 8 stewards plus sniffer dogs- the sniffer dogs may well have done the bulk, someone whose there should say.

We got searched, and not the open your coat type as sometimes practised at the Gate, full pat Down and pockets check. Not sure there were even 8 stewards when we went through, took very little time. We got there about 45 minutes before kickoff, no queue but concourse was busy.

Look at the Maths...as provided by @View from the Dolman Don't see how it's possible. Not without a lot more stewards anyway.

Indeed.

Archived