IGNORED

Is that it now or are we still in for anyone else

Rick Daniels

I really don't know, and I'd guess no one outside the club does.  
After Walsh and Kent signed , we were told maybe one more. Cue Diony announcing his own arrival :clapping:

Then, apparently , we've had a bid turned down by Norwich. They play their cards very close to their chest, so the first we will know is when the player goes on Instagram or , him and LJ are photographed having coffee discussing Daps .

Unless there is someone the club are tracking a specific player and they become available all of a sudden then I reckon we are done for this window unless we lose anyone key  to injury Saturday or the club accept an offer for a key player before the deadline 

55 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Pisano, then Wright- though Vyner is on loan.

If Pisano is back by say early March, then I reckon new one not needed this year. If however it stretches out longer, one on loan maybe?

I believe loans can only be made during the window, so it's now or never for this years loans.

LJ said still in for one or two. Think that was at the weekend, or just before.

That’s not to say another will happen, but I still think if he could get a RB in, he would.

Woukd hate for us to be left short...think Korey playing there was a mistake for the rest of the team, not because he isn’t capable of playing there.

Pisano is fantastic, but a big risk that having had such a bad injury that it might take time for him to be confident to really go for it.

I’m a broken record, but if there was a Kieran Trippier-type (from his Man City loan to Burnley days) that would be perfect.

43 minutes ago, Dave said:

I would be amazed if we do not recruit a new right back, we are now in a weaker position than we were on December 31st in this respect.

If Flint went I can see it. If not a new RB gives LJ a huge headache as he’d either sign someone who’s going to sit on bench (why would they sign?) or he has drop Flint or Wright

Two things here.  Eros will add the strength we need at the back. He doesn't seem to let much get past him.

Second, every time Korey has played at RB it ruins the shape of our midfield.  He is more of a kingpin there than some recognise.

My biggest concern though is that we have 3 premiership quality centre backs and one of them won't like being 3rd choice (and I really can't call that one).

I'd say a young attacking right back on loan would be ideal. I rate Wright, he is our captain and he's solid. But he lacks in an attacking sense, and can become isolated against pacey wingers.

It's just about having clubs in the bag.

I was one for Korey switching there, but we need him so badly in the middle. He is like a little terrier in there... 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think we will bring any more in. We have Pisano returning, and then we also have a quality 3rd option in Korey at right back. I don't think our transfer policy is to bring in a player who will be 3rd choice right back, and basically never play.

Agreed. If we brought another right back in, it could seriously interfere with the path to the first team for Vyner and/or Moore. 

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

We have had a rough time with injuries, Fam has been a huge miss and I feel Eros has too.

He really impressed me with his ability but also his will to win and his mmmm.........'Italian ways'! of defending!

Be good to have him back and 100%.

I still rate Djuric and Hegeler very highly too, when Jens fully adapts to the championship I believe his true ability will shine through...

I would imagine the club are now fairly relaxed. I'm sure there are two or three players we've an eye on and would move for one of them if they became available at the right price but, at the same time, I doubt we'll be frantically trying to sign anyone and I think everyone at the club will see it as a good window even if we end up with what we had.

I would not be shocked to see a right back come in and I reckon there may be players in other positions we would not say no to if the chance came up. At this point I would be surprised if any key players left but who knows?

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I still rate Djuric and Hegeler very highly too, when Jens fully adapts to the championship I believe his true ability will shine through...

Djúric has more ability than I think we’ve seen as a result of carrying an injury since arrival (undiagnosed, or the extent of it at least).  More than just a traditional target man.

Hegeler is such a talented player, but it is about finding the right position in the right system.  I could see him playing the Pack role when we go 4141, and I’m of the opinion that he wouldn’t work as part of a 2 in a traditional 442.  I base that on the Fulham game...which is probably a bit unfair.

335A91D5-023D-42E1-BA39-17969F4CA7D8.thumb.jpeg.708f1a90952267d115a7b68bf7466608.jpeg

That Fulham side created overloads all over the pitch, but their 3 (plus their expansive full-backs) especially against our two, who chased shadows for much of the game.  He might work in a 442 vs another 442.

Can play the CB in a back 3, and wasn’t too shabby in those early games this season.

Underrated for that Fulham game and probably the Leeds game this season where he got injured.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Two things here.  Eros will add the strength we need at the back. He doesn't seem to let much get past him.

Second, every time Korey has played at RB it ruins the shape of our midfield.  He is more of a kingpin there than some recognise.

My biggest concern though is that we have 3 premiership quality centre backs and one of them won't like being 3rd choice (and I really can't call that one).

Sorry,just don't see Wright as premier league class..

7 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

People are saying Pisano is due to come back? I thought he was out for another 6 weeks at least? Didn't he completely tear his hamstring.... will need to be 100% healed before he starts to train properly and then needs to regain his fitness and sharpness. I would probably say it will be next season before he is back to 100%! 

2 to 4 week’s quoted by LJ....not 2 Plus 4 :P

He’s been back doing significant strengthening exercises for a little while.  Was a bad one, and no idea how it might affect him mentally.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Djúric has more ability than I think we’ve seen as a result of carrying an injury since arrival (undiagnosed, or the extent of it at least).  More than just a traditional target man.

Hegeler is such a talented player, but it is about finding the right position in the right system.  I could see him playing the Pack role when we go 4141, and I’m of the opinion that he wouldn’t work as part of a 2 in a traditional 442.  I base that on the Fulham game...which is probably a bit unfair.

335A91D5-023D-42E1-BA39-17969F4CA7D8.thumb.jpeg.708f1a90952267d115a7b68bf7466608.jpeg

That Fulham side created overloads all over the pitch, but their 3 (plus their expansive full-backs) especially against our two, who chased shadows for much of the game.  He might work in a 442 vs another 442.

Can play the CB in a back 3, and wasn’t too shabby in those early games this season.

Underrated for that Fulham game and probably the Leeds game this season where he got injured.

Jesus. I completely forgot Giefer even played for us last season. Christ.

Archived