IGNORED

We're ready now let's do it.

barneyrubble

Think we're done now on players in ,we have enough options in the squad to cover all positions barring a ridiculous run of injuries.Can't wait for window to close so we don't lose anybody.Think its important we close the group so we can now solely focus on the league starting on Saturday. Can't wait to see what the BULL is like.

10 minutes ago, Barney red said:

Think we're done now on players in ,we have enough options in the squad to cover all positions barring a ridiculous run of injuries.Can't wait for window to close so we don't lose anybody.Think its important we close the group so we can now solely focus on the league starting on Saturday. Can't wait to see what the BULL is like.

Proper RB?......not one filling in.

11 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

The one “filling in” has done bloody well..! 

It’s almost been a blessing, in that we’ve been able to accomodate our Captain, despite the fine form of Flint & Baker. 

A RB signing would be the “cherry on the cake” signing, rather than the eggs needed to make the cake in the first place..! 

38 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Assuming Pisano returns and stays fit I really don't understand the clamour for a right back. Wright has grown into the role I think. He started as a very obvious centre back doing a job but he is now getting himself in some useful positions going forward. Of course the final ball isn't always great but he jas hardly been full of mistakes. Plus we have Smith (and Brownhill) who can cover if necessary. 

7 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

Assuming Pisano returns and stays fit I really don't understand the clamour for a right back. Wright has grown into the role I think. He started as a very obvious centre back doing a job but he is now getting himself in some useful positions going forward. Of course the final ball isn't always great but he jas hardly been full of mistakes. Plus we have Smith (and Brownhill) who can cover if necessary. 

Just a small point here.

As was evidenced Tuesday (although tbf it almost doesn’t matter who you put in cm against Man City as they have such a task), removing Korey from CM markedly worsens that area by way of his tenacity, tackling and engine.

No doubt he can play RB but when he does, we’re a worse team not because of how he does there but because he’s gone from CM.

That said, I see no sense in a RB loan to sit on the bench. Can’t see many players signing up for that so with BW doing well and Pisano when fit, I think we’re done

That of course is the risk that LJ needs to decide whether to take or not. 

Unless he is gonna bring in a RB, he’s taken one risk already by letting Vyner go out on loan. So I think he’s kinda accepted that Bailey will play there and then battle it out with Eros on his return. 

I really hope Eros comes back at the level he was at pre-injury...although that will give LJ a selection headache. 

Probably allow him to give Baker the odd rest when he’s carrying a knock. 

I don’t really want to see Korey there, but I think if our players are rotated s bit better over the coming months then an energetic and industrious Brownhill can cover. 

Lets hope we’ve had our spate of medium to long term injuries. 

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

The one “filling in” has done bloody well..! 

It’s almost been a blessing, in that we’ve been able to accomodate our Captain, despite the fine form of Flint & Baker. 

A RB signing would be the “cherry on the cake” signing, rather than the eggs needed to make the cake in the first place..! 

Agreed. If Pisano had stayed fit we would have one unhappy CB

22 minutes ago, Judda said:

Wright is great defensively but terrible when he crosses the halfway line. 

I actually don't think he's that bad. Perhaps more "not bad for a centre half", rather than outstanding attacking full back, but aside from the odd misplaced or poorly paced cross he's generally quite good. He passes and moves well and the neat passing combinations don't break down when they reach him as often as you might expect. I can see why he was signed as he's a good footballer.

I don't disagree that we could do better in that position, but Wright has been surprisingly adequate (that sounds horrible but I don't mean it to be. He's been good).

1 hour ago, Judda said:

Wright is great defensively but terrible when he crosses the halfway line. 

I admire Wright but I've noticed he is very susceptible to reacting to quick one-twos around him. He struggles to anticipate / react to the return pass, and often has to resort to body-checks.

1 hour ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I actually don't think he's that bad. Perhaps more "not bad for a centre half", rather than outstanding attacking full back, but aside from the odd misplaced or poorly paced cross he's generally quite good. He passes and moves well and the neat passing combinations don't break down when they reach him as often as you might expect. I can see why he was signed as he's a good footballer.

I don't disagree that we could do better in that position, but Wright has been surprisingly adequate (that sounds horrible but I don't mean it to be. He's been good).

I think that’s fair, and let’s not forget that cross v Boro.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

If we could find somone who plays full back and is also decent as RW it would make sense to get them in (like a kind of right sided Bryan). Especially if they have a decent cross on them. 

I thought we had one at the end of 15/16 season, but the clone we brought back in 16/17 was different.

10 hours ago, windmillhillred said:

Well,  as he could be out for another month or so, if we're serious we need more than someone filling in doing a decent job. BW has covered well , and defensively he's OK but as I said. If we are serious about promotion we need more .

33 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Well,  as he could be out for another month or so, if we're serious we need more than someone filling in doing a decent job. BW has covered well , and defensively he's OK but as I said. If we are serious about promotion we need more .

I take your point but Wright has been doing a good job there for months. So do you bring in someone to start? Or just as cover? Not sure either are the perfect option. Pisano is quality,  Wright's done well, Smith and Brownhill can do it, then Vyner back in the mix next season. It might be a nice to have but don't personally see it as a priority. The right back we have has taken us to 5th and a cup semi final.

15 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

I take your point but Wright has been doing a good job there for months. So do you bring in someone to start? Or just as cover? Not sure either are the perfect option. Pisano is quality,  Wright's done well, Smith and Brownhill can do it, then Vyner back in the mix next season. It might be a nice to have but don't personally see it as a priority. The right back we have has taken us to 5th and a cup semi final.

It's a difficult one I know. Pisano looked good, and it would also lead to a question about which CB gets dropped , unless we play a 3. I would never use KS, he's too good in MF. Brownhill isn't a FB maybe ok at WB. I really don't know the answer, but it is a bit of a risk not bringing another FB in and hoping BW continues to fill in. It's not only when he gets fit, there's then Match fit and if the injury holds up. LJ's decision, and that's why he gets the big bucks.

Archived