IGNORED

BCTV

Esmond Million's Bung

15 hours ago, Red Bill said:

It is not available to us mugs who coughed up £110.  I e-mailed the club and they responded telling me that the next fixture available to us subscribers will be City v Fulham on 21st February.  I consider this an utter disgrace and I am seeking legal opinion (most of my relatives are lawyers).  One game per month is not what we signed up for!

:facepalm:

you sir are an imbecile

1 hour ago, boadle said:

I'm inclined to agree. Surprised that a club in our position is happy to accept such amateurish camera-work, with no commentary, and that the number of screened matches seems to be diminishing all the time. Unacceptable. I'll be reluctant to renew unless there is some balance or fairness to this (eg the fee is related to the amount of games screened). Would be interested to hear the clubs response to this @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

But is the camera work really that amateurish? I’ve not seen one example on the highlights this season of a goal or chance being missed by shoddy camera work.

If it works the same as the usual sports coverage I deal with at work, you’ll have one isolated camera person capturing everything for the TV highlights and all you’re watching is a feed from their camera as they record. Nothing is being recorded exclusively for BCTV viewers so that’s why you’ll get whip pans and a lot of movement as they pick up shots that they’ve been asked to get? 

I pretty knew what I was signing up for and was aware of the ramifications of a successful season. I have no problem with the sky matches or the cup matches not being shown on BCTV, because sky now run the game in pretty much every single aspect, but todays game was grabbed late. 

On Monday it was still shown on the main site as being available on BCTV, it is live on a Mickey Mouse channel for mainly American consumption, that is problem today.

5 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Indeed and even if due to our success 10 games end up being shown live on Sky etc, that still gives 36 games for £110, just £3.05 per game, fantastic value for money!

Ten games on BCTV would cost £11 per match is that fantastic value for money ?

My real and only bugbear with this is the fact that there are no guarantees as to a minimum number of games shown .

It is very   haphasard and I get the feeling that I am very much considered as a second class citizen as the TV companies take what they want and throw the left overs to the real fans .

2 hours ago, Robin Goch said:

But is the camera work really that amateurish? I’ve not seen one example on the highlights this season of a goal or chance being missed by shoddy camera work.

If it works the same as the usual sports coverage I deal with at work, you’ll have one isolated camera person capturing everything for the TV highlights and all you’re watching is a feed from their camera as they record. Nothing is being recorded exclusively for BCTV viewers so that’s why you’ll get whip pans and a lot of movement as they pick up shots that they’ve been asked to get? 

Hi Robin,

I would argue that a one camera setup is not good enough at this level, especially if you're charging a fee for the service. They do sometimes use a second camera, but it's sporadic and inconsistent. You're right in that no goals have been missed, but the amount of times the camera is left rooted in position when the ball has long since moved on had always given me the impression that the camera operator is doing something else at the same time. 

57 minutes ago, boadle said:

Hi Robin,

I would argue that a one camera setup is not good enough at this level, especially if you're charging a fee for the service. They do sometimes use a second camera, but it's sporadic and inconsistent. You're right in that no goals have been missed, but the amount of times the camera is left rooted in position when the ball has long since moved on had always given me the impression that the camera operator is doing something else at the same time. 

Unfortunately unless you’re willing to pay for a vision mixer (expensive people and expensive kit) then it’s not really feasible. I spend a great deal of time working on Pro 14 rugby and you’ll be surprised how basic set ups can be away from the glitz and glamour of Sky or BT. 

It’s true they may be doing something else though such as changing recording devices, cards etc whilst the game is on.

I think a few of the camera issues may be a result of this:

https://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/bristol-sport-embarks-on-uwe-partnership/

I actually think this is a good thing. I was very happy with the coverage when I could watch the games. Apprenticeships/training should always be encouraged and a few mistakes (in this industry) aren’t going to kill anyone.

That said, I am f’d off that I paid £110 for an ever decreasing amount of games. I’m obviously loving that we’re doing well, but the honest knock on effect of all these TV games is that I’ve found some very good internet alternatives and don’t feel the need to resubscribe next season.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 22:33, Dastardly and Muttley said:

If you’re on an apple device:

start playing the audio,

press home button to return to the home screen

swipe up to the control centre and press play.

Audio should then continue and you can use some other things on your phone, ie Facebook or Twitter, just not Safari.

I'll try it next time. In the past, when I've accidentally hit the home button it all shuts off, and I have to go back into Safari, x out of the audio window, go back to the match centre and reload it to start playing again. Quite annoying.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

So it would appear that tonights game is now free on channel 407 Sky sport mix, so exactly why is it not available on BCTV FFS? if there is no cost implication to sky?.

Viewing figures have a cost affect on the advertising prices .

Less viewers , less advertising revenue I'm afraid . 

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

Sky Sports Mix isn't "free". You still require some level of pay TV subscription to access it.

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Viewing figures have a cost affect on the advertising prices .

Less viewers , less advertising revenue I'm afraid . 

Of course you have to be Sky subscriber but not to the channel, but given the choice of (if you subscribe to sky) watching the game in HD or relying on the inter web speed and poor service from BCTV, sky will not be losing any customers, so ???????????? 

Despite shelling out the $ for the video subscription (which I still find it's good value for money) I am pleased when the games are on ESPN3 as I can watch a high quality stream that also has commentary. My most earnest request for next season is that the audio and video streaming should be able to used simultaneously and in sync with each other. I miss hearing the commentary from our own crew and especially when one of our players is on as a guest. @AdamB is this being considered by BCFC?

Archived