IGNORED

Bristol City and darts

bristolcitysweden

I run a pub called Wellington arms in rooksbridge, Gary Anderson ran it for me as he lives with my step daughter, I was semi pro for 9 years (Steve Grubb). In Bristol the best place to meet Dart players is Steve brown and Mark Dudbridge place on staple Hill. Bar 501. Both pro or former pro players avid City fans as well deep in rag a55 country. Message them on FB about when you're there. 

4 minutes ago, grubby said:

I run a pub called Wellington arms in rooksbridge, Gary Anderson ran it for me as he lives with my step daughter, I was semi pro for 9 years (Steve Grubb). In Bristol the best place to meet Dart players is Steve brown and Mark Dudbridge place on staple Hill. Bar 501. Both pro or former pro players avid City fans as well deep in rag a55 country. Message them on FB about when you're there. 

Cheers mate! I don't know much about darts but Stefan Lord played for the club from where I am (Larsberg on the island of Lidingö)

18 minutes ago, grubby said:

Definitely head for 501 club. It's also the home of the JDC where Michael Van Gerwen has recently joined the board of directors. There will be a few tools in Blue and White Quarters in there as it is in Staple Hill but it's the number 1 venue for darts in Bristol.

24 minutes ago, grubby said:

I'm sure Steve Brown is a gashead,  His son certainly is (John Brown - a very, very, good youth player). I've played at 501 a few times.  They've got a very good Super League side full of some of the best local players.

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I'm sure Steve Brown is a gashead,  His son certainly is (John Brown - a very, very, good youth player). I've played at 501 a few times.  They've got a very good Super League side full of some of the best local players.

He's 100% not a Gashead. 

6 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Sure his lad is though... Can remember playing against his side and him getting some grief for it.  He was only about 14..

Bomber is definitely a red, don't know about his boy though. Probably too much Kingswood/Cadbury Heath propaganda poisoned him? 

Browner is defo a red. I remember growing up and playing kids football with him around Downend, Mangotsfield and Frampton Cotterill - I think we were the only city fans around those areas at that time :P

Bar 501 is decent and he has put a lot of work into it. Gets a decent crowd in there and he regularly puts on darts nights with some of the big names visiting Staple ******* Hill.

https://www.facebook.com/cbar501/

13 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Grow up on the island of Ekerö. Now living in Tyresö with my sister born on the 11th of May 1970. Two children. None of them City fans. As yet. 

Looks splendid.Is this the view out his window?Image result for tyreso sweden

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Viwe is from Djurgårsbron (Animalgarden bridge)

Impressive architecture on the right there, almost say more so than the harbourside here in Bristol. :whistle2:

Mind you, no Ashton Gate within walking distance.

22 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Impressive architecture on the right there, almost say more so than the harbourside here in Bristol. :whistle2:

Mind you, no Ashton Gate within walking distance.

When I went to high school I had a mate living on 37 Strandvägen. We played football in his living room shooting down vases.

People living under complaint.

Clarence took the blame. My parents did not have the money anyway.

36 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

When I went to high school I had a mate living on 37 Strandvägen. We played football in his living room shooting down vases.

People living under complaint.

Clarence took the blame. My parents did not have the money anyway.

At least Clarence went on to have a good career. Wasn't he an F.A. Vase winner?

image.jpeg.757b9762fd5c7562fa9386cd72633bce.jpeg

Archived