IGNORED

Pivotal moments

Alessandro

When Baker got sent off you could just sense that it was a season defining moment.....

Would we go on to lose again and face losing a key player to suspension?

Or would we put in one of the best performances of the season, to a man, fully committed and full of belief.

Clean sheet for Steele. 

Flint and Wright rocks leading from the back.

Bryan :clap:

Bobby everywhere. Switched back and did the job needed.

Korey - seemed to play every position. What a man you are, great play to set up Fam for the shot that led to the second.

Johnson - we were under the cosh at the start of the second half but made the switch to 5 at the back and that made the difference.

Famara - so good to have him back. We missed you...

What a shot in the arm that performance and that result is.

Fair play all round. 

Now the same again against Bolton and we are right back in the hunt for second.

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

When Baker got sent off you could just sense that it was a season defining moment.....

Or would we put in one of the best performances of the season, to a man, fully committed and full of belief.

Clean sheet for Steele. 

Korey - seemed to play every position. What a man you are, great play to set up Fam for the shot that led to the second.

Johnson - we were under the cosh at the start of the second half but made the switch to 5 at the back and that made the difference.

Fair play all round. 

I agree with all of that, I also thought Pack was excellent, he played in a very disciplined manner after the sending off and protected the back 4 well and Magnússon did his bit when he came on.

LJ got the subs spot on.

And as I said on another thread I can see exactly why LJ believes that Diony's style is suited to the English game, he looks a right handful, I can't wait to see him and Diehiou start.

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I agree with all of that, I also thought Pack was excellent, he played in a very disciplined manner after the sending off and protected the back 4 well and Magnússon did his bit when he came on.

LJ got the subs spot on.

And as I said on another thread I can see exactly why LJ believes that Diony's style is suited to the English game, he looks a right handful, I can't wait to see him and Diehiou start.

Yes absolutely. Looks quick and strong on first viewing. Excited about him, you could see him looking for, and making, those good runs into space.

Had the pace to get through, but for the a little too much pace on the through ball he might well have  been celebrating a third goal.

Magnússon, well done lad, learned from your mistake against Man City and banged the ball clear when required, he came on and from that point, with the change in formation I never felt worried about conceding, he played a big part in a well drilled defence today

Anyone else reckon Magnússon plays better when the class of opponent is higher?  I noticed it against Man United and Man City (mistake aside), he looked much better than when up against what could be perceived as lower class opposition

I predicted a 3 or 4 nil win today a bit like Huddersfield last season. Had we retained 11, I'm certain we would've got it.

We were great today - QPR were appalling and barely troubled us at all.

Every single player did well today. Great subs. I noticed Magnússon looked delighted to keep the clean sheet and was very appreciative of the support he personally received after Tuesday.

Famara is so important to how we play - brings out the best in Reid too. 

Very proud of the team today, despite being in control for the first 30 I was worried the red card might shift the momentum.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I predicted a 3 or 4 nil win today a bit like Huddersfield last season. Had we retained 11, I'm certain we would've got it.

We were great today - QPR were appalling and barely troubled us at all.

Every single player did well today. Great subs. I noticed Magnússon looked delighted to keep the clean sheet and was very appreciative of the support he personally received after Tuesday.

Famara is so important to how we play - brings out the best in Reid too. 

Very proud of the team today, despite being in control for the first 30 I was worried the red card might shift the momentum.

I predicted 2-0 but I think you're right about the score had we kept 11. Although as I said in the game thread, having an extra man drew QPR out a bit and we are so good when we have space to work in, even with 10 men.

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Clean sheet for Steele. 

Fair play all round. 

It was a fantastic performance and.....wait for it........LJ I salute you. Got your tactics second half bang on with the subs. And Diony looks sumptuous. A proven talent!!

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Clean sheet for Steele. 

Fair play all round. 

No further questions m'lud

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

He has played really well for us, but thought Steele had one or two flappy moments today. Not sure how long Fielding is out for? Overall, really important win coming up to a tough run.

Frank wouldn’t have come for the balls Steele flapped at. Interesting as both are v good keepers but so so different 

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

He has played really well for us, but thought Steele had one or two flappy moments today. Not sure how long Fielding is out for? Overall, really important win coming up to a tough run.

Opinions, I remember thinking how lucky we are to have 2 such good keepers for a change, in fact having Steele has probably brought the best of Fielding, I thought he looked secure.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Opinions, I remember thinking how lucky we are to have 2 such good keepers for a change, in fact having Steele has probably brought the best of Fielding, I thought he looked secure.

I agree, I like both of them. As has just been said, Steele will try and come for them more than Fielding. Both have won us points this year for sure.

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I agree, I like both of them. As has just been said, Steele will try and come for them more than Fielding. Both have won us points this year for sure.

And to be fair having plough past giants like Flint and Smith and strong guys like Wright and the QPR number 5, it can't be easy to judge when to come or not, also most of his punches cleared the area and you can't ask much more than that.

24 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

It was a fantastic performance and.....wait for it........LJ I salute you. Got your tactics second half bang on with the subs. And Diony looks sumptuous. A proven talent!!

Tinman’s happy! Tinman’s happy I tell ye!

I feel a bit emosh. :sad26:

13 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Tinman’s happy! Tinman’s happy I tell ye!

I feel a bit emosh. :sad26:

Wonders will never - @tinman85 happy!!! ;)

I just feel as proud of that result as any this season. I’m getting carried away!

Given the way things have been going over the last few weeks, you could imagine heads dropping with Baker going off and us struggling to get a result, but it was the opposite. 

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Wonders will never - @tinman85 happy!!! ;)

I just feel as proud of that result as any this season. I’m getting carried away!

Given the way things have been going over the last few weeks, you could imagine heads dropping with Baker going off and us struggling to get a result, but it was the opposite. 

Don't push it. I still think we will do better with 3.5.2 haha

Thought the crowd played a big part today also. When we went down to 10 men we upped the noise and I think the Ref helped that by winding everyone up

Defensively we were excellent and blocked, tackled, headed and harassed everything and still had the energy to attack them and score 2 goals

great team performance that shows what a great attitude and togetherness these players have in driving towards a promotion spot

I wouldn’t rule us out from getting that second spot just yet!

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

LJ got the subs spot on.

Excellent substitutions too. Patterson was useful on the break, but we were coming under pressure and he needed more defensive strength. He got that from brownhill and mags for kelly. Smith could then start ratting up the pitch, which they weren’t expecting. 

Archived