IGNORED

Baker - Red Card

Bristol Rob

4 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Not a red in a trillion years. Freeman sure did his duties of rolling around like an idiot. Should be rescinded no problem.

Freeman can expect a 2 game retrospective ban for simulation then, as it wasn't him that Baker fouled ( I think). 

Have to say that I think the QPR player's reaction to the tackle ( triple pike and double salcow) influenced the ref into giving red instead of yellow.

As much as it’s a shame, under the rules as they are it’s a red all day long. He’s launched himself into the tackle, he’s off his feet and not in control of his body. It’s reckless and late. Serve the ban and move on.

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

50/50 for me.

Looked a one footed tackle but went in studs up and also didn't get the ball.

Like someone else said, one ref would say yellow, one would say red.

So one each for the first two... What do you think the 3rd/4th officials would say... ?  :) 

PS ... Thought by todays standards it was a bit rash/reckless so Red.... (& I'm one who still misses the glorious Gows, Hunters & Kellards of yesteryear)  ...

Could have cost us dear today, thankfully it didn't, but, for that reason wouldn't be surprised to see a 'club fine' issued, very important that at this stage of the season we need to keep our heads cool and maintain discipline.

Well deserved credit where its due, its been fantastic so far, but can't afford to trip ourselves up cheaply (pun intended) .

I say it's all about knowing WHEN to be that aggressive. Baker certainly struggles to make the right decision at times. IF you are in position and you go in hard, you are more than likely to get a yellow for that sort of tackle. IF they are breaking like they were after a misplaced pass, and you run like Nathan did and then you go in like that.,It's a red. others will have their opinion and equally valid I admit, but that's how I see it.

47 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Reminded me a bit of the Wolves sending off against us. Yellow would not have been shocking, but can see why he went red. Not in control. Equally, at the point of contact it is not high. 50/50 yellow or red for me, and as such do not think we will win an appeal.  Hospital pass by Flint created it.

Interesting to see it again, but definitely not a hospital pass in the traditional meaning of the term.

That would mean Flint's pass had put his own team mate in real danger of getting injured.

From my view in direct line in the Lower Dolman that wasn't the case and Baker's lunge was his own choice - he didn't have to do it, but he clearly enjoys that sort of challenge. Ill judged pass from Flint, for sure but Baker's initial slow reaction also appeared to be part of the problem.

That's how it appeared live from a distance. As I say, it'll be interesting to see it again.

P.S. Just seen the video above, nothing like as bad a tackle as it looked at the time, a definite yellow afaic. It would be good to see again a few seconds leading up to the challenge itself.

10 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I say it's all about knowing WHEN to be that aggressive. Baker certainly struggles to make the right decision at times. IF you are in position and you go in hard, you are more than likely to get a yellow for that sort of tackle. IF they are breaking like they were after a misplaced pass, and you run like Nathan did and then you go in like that.,It's a red. others will have their opinion and equally valid I admit, but that's how I see it.

The fact is he didn't need to go for the ball.  Silly from an experienced player. Love Bakes but he put himself in a position there. 

I do think it is worth an appeal, and if the panel are in a good mood we might win, as at the point of the actual tackle, it is just late. However, the point is that it was not a late sliding tackle as much as a late flying tackle.

Stick in an appeal and hope, but winning it would be a bonus.

Archived