IGNORED

Baker - Red Card

Bristol Rob

13 minutes ago, Like watching Brazil said:

Holloway on TV just now said a yellow card would have been enough

A three match ban certainly feels harsh. It was two players running at speed from some distance to get to it, and it was never one of those two legs off the ground potential leg breaker challenges that happen now and again - at the point of contact. He was committed and just got there second. He does jump in, and that is what does for him. Can see why a red was given, do not think it will be overturned, and was far from the worse decision given in the game. Just one of those where the punishment does not really fit the crime, even if it is a red. the speed at which they come together also makes it look much worse. Even if Baker had got the ball, their player was still going flying!

36 minutes ago, cityexile said:

A three match ban certainly feels harsh. It was two players running at speed from some distance to get to it, and it was never one of those two legs off the ground potential leg breaker challenges that happen now and again - at the point of contact. He was committed and just got there second. He does jump in, and that is what does for him. Can see why a red was given, do not think it will be overturned, and was far from the worse decision given in the game. Just one of those where the punishment does not really fit the crime, even if it is a red. the speed at which they come together also makes it look much worse. Even if Baker had got the ball, their player was still going flying!

Why a three match ban?

A straight red can still be a 1 match ban, 3 match bans tend to be for violent conduct 

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Why a three match ban?

A straight red can still be a 1 match ban, 3 match bans tend to be for violent conduct 

Isn't it 1 match if its a professional foul? Baker's certainly wasn't a professional foul.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Why a three match ban?

It is a straight red for a dangerous tackle, which carries a three match ban. Or at least that is my understanding. Dissent is 2, and two yellows or for a professional foul is one.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Isn't it 1 match if its a professional foul? Baker's certainly wasn't a professional foul.

If he doesn't make it then Scowen is through on Steele, about as clear a professional fouls as can be.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

It is a straight red for a dangerous tackle, which carries a three match ban. Or at least that is my understanding. Dissent is 2, and two yellows or for a professional foul is one.

The question comes down to whether the ref gave it for being dangerous or for being a professional foul.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

If he doesn't make it then Scowen is through on Steele, about as clear a professional fouls as can be.

The question comes down to whether the ref gave it for being dangerous or for being a professional foul.

Scraping the barrel there. He’s 40 yards out, on the left touchline. It was given for the nature of the takle. 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

In summary:

Neutrals who think it's a yellow

Phil Thompson

Clinton Morrison

Colin Murray

C5 Commentator

International Commentator

Gasheads who think it's a yellow

Ian Holloway

Neutrals who think it's a red

Keith Stroud

Im sorry i disagree. 

Keith Stroud was definitely not neutral, he was on QPR’s side!!

So Bailey Wright gets hit, falls over and gets a two match ban with his opponent, who raised his arms, getting his card rescinded.

Here, Baker dives in with a meaty challenge, Scowen goes for the full tuck jump and roll complete with gasp of pain and grab of the shin, before getting up normally once the card is shown.

What’s different between the two? Both Bailey and Scowen were fouled, no doubt. Both Bailey and Scowen made a meal of it, no doubt. Hopefully both Bailey and Scowen will see the same punishment, although that would involve a consistent FA and I can’t imagine that.

3 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

You’re not a City fan are you... **** off!!!

You're just an angry person person aren't you? You rubbish a post of mine saying it'll be a 3 game ban and then get abusive to someone who thinks it is a red card.

Fwiw I think it was a harsh red but Baker gave the ref the opportunity to give it and will have to accept it. I don't believe for a second that city would be able to successfully appeal it

3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

So Bailey Wright gets hit, falls over and gets a two match ban with his opponent, who raised his arms, getting his card rescinded.

Here, Baker dives in with a meaty challenge, Scowen goes for the full tuck jump and roll complete with gasp of pain and grab of the shin, before getting up normally once the card is shown.

What’s different between the two? Both Bailey and Scowen were fouled, no doubt. Both Bailey and Scowen made a meal of it, no doubt. Hopefully both Bailey and Scowen will see the same punishment, although that would involve a consistent FA and I can’t imagine that.

That would be an interesting angle for City to take, did Scowen making a meal of the challenge while holding a body part not directly touched in the challenge (a reason given against Wright) influence the ref into a decision. 

Yellow all day for me, a little late yes, fast and strong yes, studs up no, got the ball perhaps, Oscar winning roll from victim yes - clearly seen from lansdown - beaming smile to physio just before victim got to feet yes!

referee not good enough for downs football on sunday - definitely 

Archived