IGNORED

VAR - Liverpool v West Brom (Merged)

Lrrr

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What was wrong with football before this,yeh you got bad decisions and good decisions against you that’s football and the adrenaline of either happening to you team what got the blood pumping,now it’s just a matter of fact game which in my opinion is so bad

Would you say that if the burton goal had stood after VAR? 

3 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

He pulled him back. Livermore knew he was going to get to the cross. Throwing himself to the ground actually made the decision harder. 

I would in truth need to watch it in better resolution than I am getting it, but it looked barely nothing. Hardly enough to change his run. As soon as he has felt any contact, he has dived. A real 'will be twenty pens a match' type of call.

Might feel different when I see it better, but just looked like a bit of nothing, followed by a complete dive. 

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Has it crossed the line, and was he offside, are for me black and white.

The goal line is a static thing, with a line to show the difference between over or not. It works. 

Offsides can happen anywhere in a 60 yard area with no line to determine.  

I don’t think we should mess around with this. 

10 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Going to give it time and see how it settles down I guess. Don't mind it for factual things like off side and whatever when a goal has been scored. Just think we are going to get to a stage where players will surround refs more and more to get them to look at the VAR. There is no way in my mind Salah went down in any way reasonably from the challenge for instance for the penalty. How many times from a corner are players blocked, have arms around them etc. Looking at each one frame by frame would be ridiculous.

Just think you could almost check any goal. Need a limit to what can be checked. I absolutely hate it for offsides. That is the linesmans job and having a person who won’t get everything right is part of what makes the game more fun. Decisions against us and for us all just about even out. 

Personally, I think they will tweak it quite soon. The offside especially will chop goals off and the tv powers won’t like that. TV viewers like goals so anything effecting that won’t last. Just feel the whole process should be much quicker. We get highlights almost instantly watching. Just make the decision and get on with it 30-45 seconds max. Again, can’t be for every little call either. Give them challenges and that will mean a 3 min max added to games for VAR. 

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Might even be worse than that.....

I like VAR. for too long Ref’s gave either been homers because they give into crowd pressure, especially at Man U, or they are determined to show they will not be swayed and are awayers (like today’s ref) This will be cut out. For too long the top teams seem to have had all the decisions in their favour. 

Certainly looking forward to having it at the World Cup. England lost to Portugal 04 because of a shocker of a decision. 

The game today has not been ruined! It’s a brilliant game! 

• Admin
20 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What was wrong with football before this,yeh you got bad decisions and good decisions against you that’s football and the adrenaline of either happening to you team what got the blood pumping,now it’s just a matter of fact game which in my opinion is so bad

It’s because of Sky TV and those that have come since, the multi views, in slo-mo, the incessant dissection by the pundits, using even more obscure camera angles.  The fans and Managers feeling hard done by, the constant comparison with Tennis, Cricket, Egg Chasing, where they have all adopted some technology, that’s why it’s here.

5 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It’s because of Sky TV and those that have come since, the multi views, in slo-mo, the incessant dissection by the pundits, using even more obscure camera angles.  The fans and Managers feeling hard done by, the constant comparison with Tennis, Cricket, Egg Chasing, where they have all adopted some technology, that’s why it’s here.

The reason they brought it up n is it’s seen as having worked well in all those sports. It needs fine tuning. The ref today is overusing it. No need on the last 2 goals and the obvious offside goal. They will learn 

13 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You dont know that

Anything new has teething problems. They are committed to VAR so they will improve it. I don’t know that for absolute sure, but it seems pretty obvious. Once players get used to it. They will celebrate as usual and then look fed up when it’s overturned. But why are you celebrating a goal that wasn’t a goal? So you get fed up on the receiving end but love it if your  in the side that would have had an unfair goal against. 

Correct decision matters more than anything in my opinion

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Loads. Diving, terrible decisions, refs that appear to want to put on a perticular teams shirt. NEIL WARNOCK! Need I say more. 

7 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Loads. Diving, terrible decisions, refs that appear to want to put on a perticular teams shirt. NEIL WARNOCK! Need I say more. 

He’s all for it warnock because he says the big teams always get the dodgy decisions so VAR will not do them any favours,never thought you would agree with Neil warnock 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He’s all for it warnock because he says the big teams always get the dodgy decisions so VAR will not do them any favours,never thought you would agree with Neil warnock 

I do yes. In this case I think he is right. It’ll shut him up, so that’s a great reason! 

1 minute ago, redfieldred said:

I mean a dive where there is no contact. If there’s contact it’s exaggerating not diving. 

Cant agree 100%

Not every touch makes you fall over 

Football is/was a contact sport

When a player exaggerates a fall He is trying to get a pen or a player booked or sent off

Exaggerating is still cheating in my eyes

Archived