IGNORED

Jon Stead

ontariored

24 minutes ago, ontariored said:

Just a moment to congratulate Jon Stead on securing replay for Notts County vs Swansea. Jon was a great servant for us.

Top player, top bloke.

Never can get this 'servant' business though- he was paid as much as we could and buggered off when someone offered him more. Hardly the required behaviour of a servant.

28 minutes ago, ontariored said:

Just a moment to congratulate Jon Stead on securing replay for Notts County vs Swansea. Jon was a great servant for us.

Totally agree Jon was brilliant for us in a poor team. Always have 100% and done as much as possible within the club. 

Top player , top bloke 

27 minutes ago, Lymebayrobin said:

100% every single match for us. A very unselfish player who would set up teamates if that was the best option rather than going for glory himself. Still doing the same at Notts County.

Always had a soft spot for Notts County.  Don’t know why.

11 hours ago, ontariored said:

Yes he was, really like the guy. He deserves lots of plaudits. Funny how Luke Freeman gets booed though when he made lots more appearances for us than Stead and won proper silverware for us....it’s a funny old world...

11 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Top player, top bloke.

Never can get this 'servant' business though- he was paid as much as we could and buggered off when someone offered him more. Hardly the required behaviour of a servant.

Stead served us well. Some players get paid as much as we can offer, and then do very little for the wage. Stead was not one of those players.

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes he was, really like the guy. He deserves lots of plaudits. Funny how Luke Freeman gets booed though when he made lots more appearances for us than Stead and won proper silverware for us....it’s a funny old world...

I think Freemans was all 'pantomime'

Luke was a great servant for us and played a huge part in the team that gave us some amazing memories. 

Outside of the 90 minutes on the pitch, im certain Feeeman is made very welcome back here in Bristol 

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wasn't he more than a touch unprofessional in forcing a move? Refusing to play/not training. Might just be imagining it mind.

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

One gave 100% every game, engaged with the fans after games and was sold when told he was no longer needed. The other went into a sulk, virtually went on strike, went from world beater to Park player (sometimes in the same game), angled for a move away to a ‘better’ team ( :D ) and never engaged with the fan base. All in all, not THAT surprising. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

So not all players then exempt from a mention. 

Not if they're a City legend.

Two spring to mind. John Atyeo who I unfortunately for me finished the season I first  attended AG. I saw him play very few times but as I was so young I don't remember much about him but his impressive goals tally and England caps says everything and Gerry Gow who in my mind was the best City player I've ever seen at AG. Tough, hard and creative with a goal in him. Terrific player the best City midfielder ever imv.

Archived