IGNORED

Appeal Baker’s red?

Alessandro

Appeal Baker’s red?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. We’ve slept on it and seen the highlights. Still not a red? Appeal - Yes. It’s a red, don’t risk an extra ban to 4 games - no

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/18 at 10:00

I said on the other thread that if we all agree it was a foul and pretty much all agree it was a yellow, the chances of getting it overturned on the basis of “it wasn’t that bad” are slim. I think we’d have a fair chance of it being classed as frivolous and as such get given an extra game.

Dont appeal and hope it’s a one game ban for a foul rather than a 3 game for serious foul play

Hollowhead even said it was a yellow card as has every pundit that has spoken on the matter (that I have seen). Still don’t trust the EFL to do the right thing though after the Bailey Wright situation. I’d appeal personally but if it’s a one game ban and he missed Bolton only, I’d probably leave it be.

Yeovil has just been done for a frivolous appeal on one of there player because they appealed something the player was 100% guilty off.

As we have seen on this forum some people think it was a red and some a yellow.

If we appeal it's a fair and reasonable appeal not a frivolous one so I would appeal all day long 

I wouldn't bother appealing. The extra game at risk is Fulham. In the 3 we have Bolton, Sunderland and Leeds. Baker would be nice for those games, but for 2 of them I would expect us to cope with his absence without much hassle. Putting Fulham at risk seems too much of a gamble to me. 

6 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

Hollowhead even said it was a yellow card as has every pundit that has spoken on the matter (that I have seen). Still don’t trust the EFL to do the right thing though after the Bailey Wright situation. I’d appeal personally but if it’s a one game ban and he missed Bolton only, I’d probably leave it be.

I thought a straight was a no questions asked 3 game ban?

I think it would be a waste of time appealing. I can see why it was given a red, it was a bit harsh maybe but he left the ground and went flying in with a scissor tackle.

Funnily enough Pack was talking the other day about how Baker loves a scissor tackle...

I'd say don't appeal as the minds of these idiots who look at this kind of stuff isn't the same as the rest of us. 

It was a yellow in my opinion, but these officials are as soft as shit these days. Isn't worth the risk and Baker could probably do with a rest.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I thought you did. 

No, only if the appeal is deemed to be 'frivolous' - like the Yeovil lad - he pushed one of the officials, got a straight red which they appealed - deemed to be a frivolous appeal as laying hands on the ref/lino is very much taboo (apart from yesterday, of course!)

I say appeal - worth the risk as he is a key player and if we have to find a way to play without him for 3 games - one more is not that bad against the benefit of a successful overturn.

I think it matters whether the panel consider everything. It starts reckless with the take off but ends up with a one footed late tackle and very exaggerated injury and player reactions.

If they look at all 3 points above then I think they will overturn - if they can’t look passed the reckless take off he is screwed.

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

I say appeal - worth the risk as he is a key player and if we have to find a way to play without him for 3 games - one more is not that bad against the benefit of a successful overturn.

I think it matters whether the panel consider everything. It starts reckless with the take off but ends up with a one footed late tackle and very exaggerated injury and player reactions.

If they look at all 3 points above then I think they will overturn - if they can’t look passed the reckless take off he is screwed.

I think they'll say he was out of control. 

13 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I think it would be a waste of time appealing. I can see why it was given a red, it was a bit harsh maybe but he left the ground and went flying in with a scissor tackle.

Totally agree.

If the panel go with the referees opinion, there's nothing to say he made an obvious error.

40 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Its rare the extra game is added nowadays. 

You hear a lot of the ‘experts’ saying they were shocked it was red ( im not as keith stroud is a pr!ck ). 

Yeovil lad had his extended to 5 games as deemed frivolous . 

33 minutes ago, Nibor said:

If it's a three game ban I would appeal it, there's a reasonable chance they'll do a Bailey Wright given the exaggeration and holding the wrong part of his body.

I thought straight red was automatic 3 games. 

You can't tell how they are going to receive an appeal. 
On our side would be clips of several experts and Holloway saying yellow and as such shouldn't be considered frivolous . 
But he did leave the ground, and as I said you jut can't tell how they'll react. Toss up , 0 games or 5 games missed. I'm leaning slightly toward appeal.

In my opinion the only reason it was a red and not a yellow was their players reaction. Rolling around in agony, long session with the trainer, back on and running in on goal within 2 minutes. Yes it was a foul and a def yellow but talk about exaggeration from their player. Disgraceful. Maybe the appeals committee wont see it my way though.

24 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Funnily enough Pack was talking the other day about how Baker loves a scissor tackle...

Agree with this. It's one of those that could be argued for a yellow or red so the fa will back the refs decision all day long

We are obviously biased here folks, that tackle at face value for a neutral is definitely running the risk if a red,,, he wasnt fully in control of what he was doing and could have been a leg breaker if the connection was a fraction out...

we ought to be asking baker why he committed to that challenge in a position on the pitch where it wasn’t necessary, rather than query why the ref gave it.

Given the consistent view from both managers and all of the tv pundits/ex pros is that it should have been a yellow, I’ve voted to appeal as there must be a chance of success given these views. A tight call though - don’t want to lose Baker for Fulham as well as Leeds.

There’s no way it will be overturned, most refs would give it a yellow but some would give red. You can only appeal on clear mistakes, not divided opinions.

What should be changed is the punishment, a late tackle may have deserved missing 40 minutes of a match but 3 games and 40 minutes? That’s ridiculous.

Archived