IGNORED

Cold water, shocking PA

Bristol Rob

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Anyone else notice a lack of hot water in the gents today?

Additionally, the public address system in my bit of the Dolman was beyond terrible today, couldn't make put a word (S32)

The only positive to this was that with there being no hot water today, the hand driers seemed less cold than usual!

We're spoilt when these are the only structural things that we complain about. The 15ers complain that they don't have toilets, hot or cold water or a concourse.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

With one exception in terms of songs tbh.

Just hate the PA. So intrusive. 

Its like inviting your friends round and making them suffer your loud music so they can't talk to each other. 

Kills the build up. 

Funny , I think it was because they played Day dream believer I noticed the music. I guess I'm usually chatting or queueing , I don't normally take much notice, but that yesterday was beyond shite ! I like the big screens for the teams etc, but the PA? I have given up listening as I can't make out what's going on most of the time.

Translate announcements into written words and display on the big screens!

What is so difficult in this day and age to get the PA system working properly?

Embarrassment to the new stadium, .....if nobody can understand it - switch the bloody thing off until it's sorted.

The problem has gone on long enough, worse than Maplins hi-di-hi holiday park, Gladys Pugh wouldn't have put up with it!

5 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

What is so difficult in this day and age to get the PA system working properly?

I suspect part of it is the stadium acoustics rather than the PA.  Having it designed by a firm not experienced in stadia may have been a mistake.

Although in the Lansdown it has been a lot better recently, apart from the pre-recorded interviews.

I couldn't hear much of the PA at the Etihad.

They also played Roni Size Pre Match. I like Roni's music but he's a diehard gashead. Would you get Oasis being played at Old Traford? Not a chance.

What exactly did Massive Attack do so wrong @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO ?? We embrace the Wurzels yet shun a band who even thanked the club on their first LP..

57 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I suspect part of it is the stadium acoustics rather than the PA. 

* Having it designed by a firm not experienced in stadia may have been a mistake.

Although in the Lansdown it has been a lot better recently, apart from the pre-recorded interviews.

I couldn't hear much of the PA at the Etihad.

*  really?  We'll you get what you pay for I guess, didn't we check their dna? 

Probably best to abandon the pre-recorded interviews until they work properly bet some of them are worth listening to.. (shame) 

Did 'Bodge It & Scarper' install the hot water system too?   (joking)

The pa system has to be loud to stand any chance of hearing it but yesterday it distorted which says to me the speakers and amplifiers aint up to the job..Its awful no clarity Seriously it needs completely ripping out and starting again preferable a company that install stadia systems. 

Archived