IGNORED

This group of players will win the Play-offs

reddogkev

Feel like we need something other than racism at football to discuss, here's my effort:

Now we've got our form back on track with the excellent point at Derby, and the win yesterday despite the efforts of the ref, I am very confident that if 2nd spot eludes us, we have the ability, attitude and belief to win the play-offs.  The cup games against the Manc teams show we have nothing to fear and our incredible group of players can beat anyone in this league, over 2 legs, and will rise to the occasion at Wembley.  Even my old man has confirmed he's saving up for the play off final, and I don't tend to disagree with him.  It seems written in the stars that LJ will complete the work of his father.

I can see it being a cracking City V Fulham final.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts are this type of thread is hubristic.

The “We’ll Smash Norwich” thread recently was another example of this, and I think as a fan base we should of had enough experiences of being bitten in the arse when overconfident to avoid that kind of thinking.

Game by game from here on in; that’s all that matters right now.

28 minutes ago, samo II said:

The “We’ll Smash Norwich” thread recently was another example of this, and I think as a fan base we should of had enough experiences of being bitten in the arse when overconfident to avoid that kind of thinking.

Totally agree. People get so ahead of themselves . Remember the derby thread last season 

30 minutes ago, samo II said:

100% this.

Personally I am just enjoying the ride this season, I’m 30 years old and there hasn’t been many seasons like this (barring the double season).

Strap in and what will be will be. Just appreciate what’s being built here and be proud to be a part of it.

31 minutes ago, samo II said:

Hang on, I didn't say we'll smash the play offs! But I get what you mean, and I read your approach earlier, the game by game, which is certainly an intelligent approach, but not much of a debate!

41 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Feel like we need something other than racism at football to discuss, here's my effort:

Now we've got our form back on track with the excellent point at Derby, and the win yesterday despite the efforts of the ref, I am very confident that if 2nd spot eludes us, we have the ability, attitude and belief to win the play-offs.  The cup games against the Manc teams show we have nothing to fear and our incredible group of players can beat anyone in this league, over 2 legs, and will rise to the occasion at Wembley.  Even my old man has confirmed he's saving up for the play off final, and I don't tend to disagree with him.  It seems written in the stars that LJ will complete the work of his father.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts are be quiet as there are still PLENTY of twists and turns to go, we are still in January :yes:

25 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Hang on, I didn't say we'll smash the play offs! But I get what you mean, and I read your approach earlier, the game by game, which is certainly an intelligent approach, but not much of a debate!

And I didn’t say that you said we’d smash the playoffs, but instead drew a line between another poster’s previous thread where they expressed similar levels of confidence before and it turned out to be premature.

For all the understandable euphoria after an excellent win yesterday against the odds, we need to remember that was only our first win of 2018, and that this league is a marathon not a sprint.

Last season after 29 games Leeds were 4th with 54 points and a better goal difference than us, so talking about being sure of winning promotion via them when there is on guarantee of even making top six is over-confident in my eyes.

Let’s not start waving our willys just yet!! Loooong way to go and still plenty of points to be gained as well as dropped. That said, I can’t remember feeling as confident in a team as I do this beautiful bunch. What a ride this season is. 

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Any thoughts?

Haven't we learned anything from fans of Leeds ,villa etc getting Billy big bollocks and arrogant. It comes back to bite you. This thread is exactly that.

22 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Haven't we learned anything from fans of Leeds ,villa etc getting Billy big bollocks and arrogant. It comes back to bite you. This thread is exactly that.

Nah, these lads will do it, as we all know they have something special going on and they are a group of players all in fantastic form.  The fact we've kept hold of our star men this Jan, despite their heroic cup feats, puts us in a very strong position.

23 minutes ago, RedSA said:

One thing I will say on this is that the cup run will definitely help our composure for the high pressure games if we do end up in the playoffs. 

Been thinking this as well tbh. Great experience for the players if nothing else, sure to help them become more rounded professionals.

1 hour ago, samo II said:

So agree, his many before yesterday saying we’ve got to get 9 points from the next 3 games, and yet that almost went out the window after 32 minutes.  Points don’t always come against who we expect them to, and Sané for the other teams.  We put unnecessary pressure on ourselves.

1 hour ago, bris red said:

My thoughts are be quiet as there are still PLENTY of twists and turns to go, we are still in January :yes:

Exactly.  We could get 9 points and make no headway against the pack (excepting a few teams play each other), or get 6 and gain points on the others.

i’m normally a bit of a worrier when it comes to City, but thus is most relaxed I’ve ever been.  I know we have a good set of players, a good system etc, and we’ll be there or thereabouts.

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Nah, these lads will do it, as we all know they have something special going on and they are a group of players all in fantastic form.  The fact we've kept hold of our star men this Jan, despite their heroic cup feats, puts us in a very strong position.

You thought we were gonna miss out on the play-offs 10 days ago! :P

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Feb the 1st is it. You really are showing a lot of arrogance. Long way to go . Nothing personal mate but I'd be winding my neck in a bit if i were you

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Feb the 1st is it. You really are showing a lot of arrogance. Long way to go . Nothing personal mate but I'd be winding my neck in a bit if i were you

No worries my man, I don't think it's too arrogant, just got a damn good feeling about this season.

As you can tell, I feel supremely confident at the moment! 

Archived