IGNORED

This group of players will win the Play-offs

reddogkev

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You thought we were gonna miss out on the play-offs 10 days ago! :P

Guilty of changing my mind too often in the past, I think it took me a while to shake off the negativity of seeing Villa beat us 5-0.  I'm over that now though!

I absolutley hope so. I keep thinking we've got the talent, quality and spirit, especially this season and it's going to be the case of now or never. This season, if the lads keep playing like they have been doing, should be our last in the Championship for at least one year. I do keep having a check of the league table and think about the other teams that are right up our arse, but we've got to focus on the only team that matters and that's Bristol City. COYR 

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

No worries my man, I don't think it's too arrogant, just got a damn good feeling about this season.

As you can tell, I feel supremely confident at the moment! 

Problem is Kev, with you it changes by the week. It loses a bit of meaning if you keep making bold end of season predictions which fluctuate with each result.

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Feel like we need something other than racism at football to discuss, here's my effort:

Now we've got our form back on track with the excellent point at Derby, and the win yesterday despite the efforts of the ref, I am very confident that if 2nd spot eludes us, we have the ability, attitude and belief to win the play-offs.  The cup games against the Manc teams show we have nothing to fear and our incredible group of players can beat anyone in this league, over 2 legs, and will rise to the occasion at Wembley.  Even my old man has confirmed he's saving up for the play off final, and I don't tend to disagree with him.  It seems written in the stars that LJ will complete the work of his father.

I can see it being a cracking City V Fulham final.

Any thoughts?

Absolute bollocks.

This group will finish second. No doubts ;)

14 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

How long til they bin the play offs? Means the 6th best team in the division can go up over the 3rd best. Shambles.

In one of the lower Italian leagues they got a system where there's playoffs only if the teams involved are within a certain number of points of each other.

Not sure of the numbers, but as an example if 6th place were more than 10 points behind 3rd then they aren't in the playoffs, but if 5th place was within 10 points they would be in a 3 team playoff with 3rd and 4th.

4 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Top 2 is there for the taking. Are we good enough ? I think we are. 

That was a tough period over Christmas and New Year. With the opposition in the League Cup and then Wolves and Villa in the league and then add in the injuries we have had with key players. It looks like we are over that and with players coming back as well as the quality additions I feel we can kick on from now until the end of the season. We have shown we can beat anyone in this league as well as turning over 4 Prem teams. A little bit of luck, the momentum we have and options to rotate players there is no reason why we cannot target and get that auto position. There are 17 games to go and a lot can happen but something tells me this club and players are determined and destined for promotion this season. That last game of the season could be one hell of a party at AG!

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Problem is Kev, with you it changes by the week. It loses a bit of meaning if you keep making bold end of season predictions which fluctuate with each result.

Too true, I've set myself the challenge to remain consistent now until the end of the season.  I am 100% confident in our promotion chances.

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Hang on, I didn't say we'll smash the play offs! But I get what you mean, and I read your approach earlier, the game by game, which is certainly an intelligent approach, but not much of a debate!

Lets all post on OTIB like well drilled Premier league players. "we are taking it one game at a time", "its not my performance its the team that counts" or " football is a funny old game". Very dull noticeboard indeed. I love the unhinged and dreaming posts, the bizarre rants, the complete despondancy..... as well as the well argued factual posts! 

I believe we are good enough to challenge for second place. 

I think first place is beyond us - unless Wolves crash and burn spectacularly. 

If we do end up in the prayoffs it’s a lottery. Birmingham beat us earlier in the season but they are dire. It really is down to luck on the day - but the top 6 will be there on merit so none should be underestimated. 

Years of supporting city turns you cynical. 

First, let's actually see if we make the play offs. 

Then we would have the small matter of two semi-finals after what will be a long season for us, taking into consideration our unexpected cup run. 

I personally think we will run out of steam and end up outside the play offs but I would love to be proved wrong. 

What's that Keegan quote? I would love it...

6 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

How long til they bin the play offs? Means the 6th best team in the division can go up over the 3rd best. Shambles.

Too much of a money-spinner for the league they wont kill the goose that lays the golden egg, you are right though ridiculous that a team that finishes 15 points behind another can end up being promoted, got to admit though they are one of my favourite parts of the season.

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

Too much of a money-spinner for the league they wont kill the goose that lays the golden egg, you are right though ridiculous that a team that finishes 15 points behind another can end up being promoted, got to admit though they are one of my favourite parts of the season.

Fun to watch as a neutral though mind, you're right. Just nerve racking to be part of, we always seem to lose as well :sad26:

Archived