IGNORED

This group of players will win the Play-offs

reddogkev

I don’t think the top 6 will stay as it is. I think we will see an emergence of some other teams in the second half of the season. 

I predict - and hope - that Cardiff will drift away. Think Sheff Utd might drop off the pace slightly too. 

Fulham are coming up hot. And I think there will be a side - for my money, Middlesbrough - who go on an extraordinary run. Possibly Brentford. 

Villa and Derby, and hopefully us, will be there or thereabouts. 

I think we’re in a battle for the playoffs. It’s not going to be easy. I would probably take a play off place is offered now, to be totally honest.

@ZiderEyed, the Italian system. (Taken from Wiki)

At the end of the season, three teams are promoted to Serie A and four teams are relegated to Serie C. The top two teams are automatically promoted. If the 3rd-placed team is 10 or more points ahead of the 4th-placed team, it is automatically promoted too, otherwise a playoff tournament determines the third team that will be ascending. In the 2013–14 season, anywhere between two and six teams within a "playoff margin" of 14 points from the 3rd-placed team will enter the playoff tournament. Under the new playoff format, up to three rounds may be required. The final two rounds are two-legged ties, while opening round matches (if required) are single legs hosted by the higher-ranked team. If a tie is drawn at the end of regular play (one or two matches, depending on the round), extra time is played. If the two teams are still tied after thirty minutes, the higher classified team advances.

17 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Feel like we need something other than racism at football to discuss, here's my effort:

Now we've got our form back on track with the excellent point at Derby, and the win yesterday despite the efforts of the ref, I am very confident that if 2nd spot eludes us, we have the ability, attitude and belief to win the play-offs.  The cup games against the Manc teams show we have nothing to fear and our incredible group of players can beat anyone in this league, over 2 legs, and will rise to the occasion at Wembley.  Even my old man has confirmed he's saving up for the play off final, and I don't tend to disagree with him.  It seems written in the stars that LJ will complete the work of his father.

I can see it being a cracking City V Fulham final.

Any thoughts?

On December 21st you said City would finish in the top 2.

19 minutes ago, Robin Ashton said:

On December 21st you said City would finish in the top 2.

Good old @reddogkev just enjoys getting people talking I think. He has previous for making bold statements, wild claims and exaggeration to kickstart debate and given that his threads are often 3+ pages long I’d say he’s good at it.

Had a browse back through a few of his threads and chuckled at some of the titles! 

Some of the comments in this thread are interesting to read now with the gift of hindsight 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...and then reacts with a ‘snake’ if you dare to post something reasonable in response...what a plonker!

I'm not really a fan of (and struggle to take seriously) anyone who changes their mind like the wind as he does.. but I must admit he's good at getting people talking. If he stops making bold final position predictions after each result that would be nice.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm not really a fan of (and struggle to take seriously) anyone who changes their mind like the wind as he does.. but I must admit he's good at getting people talking. If he stops making bold final position predictions after each result that would be nice.

He’s the Adrian Durham of OTIB!!! - “let’s say something controversial to get outraged people to phone in whilst I giggle behind my mic...”

11 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Years of supporting city turns you cynical. 

First, let's actually see if we make the play offs. 

Then we would have the small matter of two semi-finals after what will be a long season for us, taking into consideration our unexpected cup run. 

I personally think we will run out of steam and end up outside the play offs but I would love to be proved wrong. 

What's that Keegan quote? I would love it...

I feel your right in that this time of asking we just won't quite have the legs.

But the cunning plan is that next season with a strong squad,the experience of this season & none of those taking the possible drop from the prem looking great is that we could 'do' automatic-at worst pray-offs.

Whilst I wouldn't say it nailed on, I think this battle hardened squad have a number of things in their favour when it comes to play-off

- Never say die attitude. Keep going until the end.

- Togetherness and belief in each other.

- Belief in the system and the tactics of the coaches.

- Game management.

- We can win ugly if we need to.

- Can perform on the big stage 

There are a number of great team in terms of ability so it doesn't mean we will win, but in terms of mental toughness, desire, belief, I think this squad of players is special and won't be found lacking.

51 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You should feel for my wife, during an average day I'll change my mind at least 25 times when it comes to making plans! Sometimes within the last 5 mins before I'm due to head out, and I'm not even joking here!

If players stay fit, I think we have a good shout at automatic promotion. Villa, Derby, Cardiff and even Fulham do too but I certainly think we can compete with them (especially as we have already played twice against four of the better teams in the division and others have tougher runs of fixtures than we do).

The play-offs are an utter lottery though. That may be a cliche but it is also true. I'd fancy us against anyone over two legs but one-off games are much tougher to predict.

7 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

You should feel for my wife, during an average day I'll change my mind at least 25 times when it comes to making plans! Sometimes within the last 5 mins before I'm due to head out, and I'm not even joking here!

Haha, I always think your posts read like you're a nice guy though - even if they do seem a bit fickle :P

Archived