IGNORED

Man City vs Cardiff

SedRA

19 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

That Cardiff fan from the guardian article is right that they are above us in the fair play table.. in fact we are third bottom!  I certainly wouldnt call us a dirty side.

There's a difference between being competitive and robust and being dirty. You can pick up yellows and even the odd red card pretty easily over the course of the season.

I'm glad we're more competitive now, but Cardiff were clearly trying to disrupt the game by going beyond that and breaking rules.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There's a difference between being competitive and robust and being dirty. You can pick up yellows and even the odd red card pretty easily over the course of the season.

I'm glad we're more competitive now, but Cardiff were clearly trying to disrupt the game by going beyond that and breaking rules.

Compare the Bennett tackle to Baker’s - laughable that of the two, Baker’s earned a straight red. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Compare the Bennett tackle to Baker’s - laughable that of the two, Baker’s earned a straight red. 

On the highlights programme last night they were trying to make out that it was a question of Premier League players not being able to take the rough and tumble of the Championship. Strange then that Pep didn't feel the need to ask the referee to "protect his players" when they played us. 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

On the highlights programme last night they were trying to make out that it was a question of Premier League players not being able to take the rough and tumble of the Championship. Strange then that Pep didn't feel the need to ask the referee to "protect his players" when they played us. 

On 5 Live he was asking for ALL players, he made a point of it not being just his

20 hours ago, petehinton said:

IMO he really isn’t the level of the others.  Haven’t been that impressed with him all season tbh. Obviously still very young tho. 

Not being funny, but you've obviously not watched many of our games then.

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

That Cardiff fan from the guardian article is right that they are above us in the fair play table.. in fact we are third bottom!  I certainly wouldnt call us a dirty side.

I’ve noticed we have become more ‘streetwise’ this season, for example we are collecting yellows for tactical fouls when teams are breaking on us. 

That is probably the main reason for our lowly position in the fair play table.

Disgraceful performance from cardiff yesterday, thuggish anti-football.

They should have finished with 8 or 9 players on the pitch, the referee had a shocker, he allowed them to foul with impunity, they should have had 4 yellow cards before half time.

Warnock is a dinosaur, I really, really hope they don't get promoted, EVER again.

Game was so easy for us, fair result would have been 0-4/0-5.

At least I got the 'shit Newport County' chant going :D

1 minute ago, MCFC said:

They should have finished with 8 or 9 players on the pitch, the referee had a shocker, he allowed them to foul with impunity, they should have had 4 yellow cards before half time.

Warnock is a dinosaur, I really, really hope they don't get promoted, EVER again.

Refs always seem to have a stinker when Warnock's in town. Not enough of them have the balls to dish out a few early (and deserved) bookings to prevent the whole game turning to shit. Seen the same crap all too many times.

23 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Ankle ligament damage confirmed for Sane

Love the way the media quote it as 'Sane suffers ankle ligament damage', in this instance surely a more apt description is 'ankle ligament damage was inflicted upon Sane'...? Hope he's not out for too long, class act.

27 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

Tackles like that should be 6 week ban minimum, no intention of taking the ball. ITS ASSAULT PLAIN AND SIMPLE. 

Cardiff fc should show at least a modicum of decency and fine their player and should pay Sane's medical expense. 

Disgrace on Warnock, sooner he's put to pasture the better. 

More likely fine the other ten for not showing fight !

7 hours ago, MCFC said:

This.  Good old Colin, a tactical dinosaur....no wonder he never really did it in top flight football.

On 1/28/2018 at 22:29, ashton_fan said:

In reply to Guardiola's complaints about Cardiff tackling Colin's said "what does he expect if they try and play pretty football like that, this is England"

Not what he said here......

Hypocritical barsteward!!!!

13 hours ago, OneTeamInManchester said:

What a difference a few days makes.

MOTD had Lawro saying how the level of fouling by Cardiff was what you see every week in the Championship. Except we saw Bristol City over two legs put in a fantastic footballing performance against us without needing to resort to multiple fouls or legbreakers out of frustration.

Cardiff's fans started out with a lukewarm 'boo every time the opposition had the ball' but then couldn't even maintain that, instead just complaining about the handful of decisions the ref actually got sort of not quite right.

You lot were superb as fans, recognising good football no matter which team was doing it, and staying and singing your hearts out right to the end.

Comparing Cardiff's performance last night to Bristol City over two legs isn't so much chalk and cheese as neanderthal man's 'ugg me smash' to a Space X engineer passionate about their job.

On the one hand, I really hope you top the table and get the guaranteed promotion, on the other I'd love to see you smash them in the playoffs and deny it to them. Then again, you'd probably get 4 players taken out and a goal denied, so maybe just go on and win the thing outright.

In short, and as per a lot of City fans around social media talking about the contrast, you're a class set of fans and you play football, not thuggery, so hope you go all the way and look forward (ish, because you're not going to be easy points for anyone) to seeing you in the PL next season

Genuine thanks for that. Some of us love our team but also love football.

Archived