IGNORED

Amnesty

redsontour

After watching Cardiff vs Man City game everyone should be under no illusion that our style, our performances and our manager are possibly going to attract the cream of young world greats to AG in the coming seasons.

I can’t Imagine a few years ago the likes of Pep, Jose et al sitting in their offices thinking “this kids a super star, Bristol City can be the next step to him becoming a world beater”...and how many youngsters would have fancied it? To be fair, Tammy’s visit started it, but the cup games have made us known even more.

And the amnesty? That’s for anyone to apologise, without criticism, for wanting that dinosaur Colin here last season...

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I think you're getting ahead of yourself. 

Politeness from Pep has changed nothing yet. Once we've taken a few on loan from him I'll start to believe we've become a feeder team. 

There's a difference between Pep being keen to send young players here and who we actually want, I wouldn't be surprised if we are high on their list of clubs to send players too. 

10 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Politeness from Pep has changed nothing yet. Once we've taken a few on loan from him I'll start to believe we've become a feeder team. 

Absolutely, but it’s not just Pep I’m talking about. Ryan Kent is a player who was hugely in demand.  And I don’t mean as a feeder. 

12 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

It’s more than that I think. Twentyman basically said as much whilst mentioning he had discussed it over lunch with Brian Marwood.

17 minutes ago, redsontour said:

After watching Cardiff vs Man City game everyone should be under no illusion that our style, our performances and our manager are possibly going to attract the cream of young world greats to AG in the coming seasons.

I can’t Imagine a few years ago the likes of Pep, Jose et al sitting in their offices thinking “this kids a super star, Bristol City can be the next step to him becoming a world beater”...and how many youngsters would have fancied it? To be fair, Tammy’s visit started it, but the cup games have made us known even more.

And the amnesty? That’s for anyone to apologise, without criticism, for wanting that dinosaur Colin here last season...

Anyone who wanted Colin here doesn’t deserve any sort of Amnisty..! 

Thank god SL has more balls than half the “supporters” on here! 

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Anyone who wanted Colin here doesn’t deserve any sort of Amnisty..! 

Thank god SL has more balls than half the “supporters” on here! 

quite right. likewise those who wanted Holloway. People like that should be banned or at the very least punished. 

Am I missing something? Cardiff are still above us in the league and have played a game less.

And for those criticising people like myself who would've wanted him here last season, have you forgotten Cardiff were safely guided out of relegation from the minute he walked through the door, whilst we fluttered precariously with relegation? So much so to the point the South Stand were in full voice of "We want Johnson out" for a phase. Short memories, and hardly a time to gloat.

2 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Am I missing something? Cardiff are still above us in the league and have played a game less.

And for those criticising people like myself who would've wanted him here last season, have you forgotten Cardiff were safely guided out of relegation from the minute he walked through the door, whilst we fluttered precariously with relegation? So much so to the point the South Stand were in full voice of "We want Johnson out" for a phase. Short memories, and hardly a time to gloat.

Yep, missing something. Would  you spend your hard earned cash to watch a team managed by Colin?

The football is one dimensional, unnatractive, boardering illegal at times, and certainly not something I would come and watch. In the same way I wouldn’t watch a City managed by Pulis.

it certainly is a time to gloat. In fact it’s never been more a time to gloat. We are witnessing some of the best football I have seen down here for 40 years, against teams I have hardly seen down here for for 40 years and, if we make the Prem, great, but if we don’t, I woul£ not have enjoyed a season more. So, gloat I certainly will.

6 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

It’s not gloating..!

I’d rather be relegated without Warnock than have any kind of success under his style. 

Man what a difference 10 or so months makes in football. I like Lee Johnson, but lets not be in ANY doubt his position at points last term were untenable and obviously its impossible to put a figure on it but a good chunk of this club  wanted him not only gone but as far away from this club as possible..I think its fickle in the extreme to lambaste any fan that wanted Neil Warnock in last season, a Neil Warnock who let me remind people is managing a side above us in the league.

Like i said i do like Lee Johnson but has he become a great manager overnight seemingly? We are going great and im loving it but man some perspective would be nice. For the record Warnock is a very decent manager at this level and has achieved far more than Lee Johnson has in tier 2 of English football, so some respect probably wouldn't go a miss for him :yes:

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Man what a difference 10 or so months makes in football. I like Lee Johnson, but lets not be in ANY doubt his position at points last term were untenable and obviously its impossible to put a figure on it but a good chunk of this club  wanted him not only gone but as far away from this club as possible..I think its fickle in the extreme to lambaste any fan that wanted Neil Warnock in last season, a Neil Warnock who let me remind people is managing a side above us in the league.

Like i said i do like Lee Johnson but has he become a great manager overnight seemingly? We are going great and im loving it but man some perspective would be nice. For the record Warnock is a very decent manager at this level and has achieved far more than Lee Johnson has in tier 2 of English football, so some respect probably wouldn't go a miss for him :yes:

Put your helmet on and batten down the hatches 

10 minutes ago, redsontour said:

Yep, missing something. Would  you spend your hard earned cash to watch a team managed by Colin?

Yes.

Some of our fans are absolutely bizarre. I love giving him stick whenever he comes down here but it's nothing personal and all a good laugh. Some people get so wound  up by him it has them frothing at the mouth in rage. It's pathetic. He's a good bloke that takes stick as good as he gives it out, and he's an excellent football manager. I remember him getting thumped during the pitch invasion after beating Palace in the play offs, and he still had a joke about it and praised the club in his post match interview. 

The fact that some would rather re-live the McInnes/O'Driscoll seasons instead of getting a Championship promotion with Warnock, is beyond laughable.

This time last year I was part of the dwindling band of LJ supporters on this forum but I can understand the appeal of Warnock for some at that time. He was proven, had a good record of surviving relegation and could get a great deal out of limited players. It's completely understandable why people would want that during our awful run last season.

Every week that went by it got harder and harder to legitimately defend LJ and i'm delighted he's shown himself to be the manager I always believed he was. Even as a pro-LJ chap I feel it's wrong to cricisise those that wanted a steady hand in Warnock. We were in the midst of a record breaking horrific run and he's a logical option to come in, kick a few backsides and get us out of the rut. People generally just want what's best for the club and shouldn't be given stick or gloated to about it.

59 minutes ago, Super said:

Mark Ashton said we have spoken to United Spurs and Arsenal as well.

Think Mark said he’d been building his network....I don’t think for one moment that Bristol City with aspirations of the Prem are contemplating being used as a Feeder Club.

If there’s benefit to both clubs and player then great, without ‘blocking pathways’.

Lets not forget that some of the European teams acting as feeders are doing so for work permit issues, and there may even be similar owners helping that relationship.

Tammy was a bit of a one-off, both in terms of the deal and the impact he made as a player.

Personally I couldn’t see Zinchenkho (or Nmecha if that ever had legs) getting regular starts for us in our current situation.

• Admin

As a measure of the change to our global appeal following the cup run (& probably in some part by the gifs), a player who cost €9m in the Summer was so excited to be joining us that he announced it twice on his Instagram account before he'd even arrived to negotiate terms and undergo a medical.

Then, having already had to delete mentions of this on his Insta & the club planning an unveiling at 1pm, once again could not contain his excitement and changed his Facebook profile pic to our club badge and the cover picture to one of Ashton Gate. 

32 minutes ago, bris red said:

But in comparing them, we should remember Colin has been a manger for about 37 years compared with Lee’s 5. And he was a non league manager in his early years. LJ has achieved more in league football at a comparable age/years in the role

37 minutes ago, bris red said:

It's almost as if Warnock has been a manager for more than 30 years longer than Johnson.

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

But in comparing them, we should remember Colin has been a manger for about 37 years compared with Lee’s 5. And he was a non league manager in his early years. LJ has achieved more in league football at a comparable age/years in the role

Im happy with LJs performance this season but what has he acheived in league football? Genuine question.

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Im happy with LJs performance this season but what has he acheived in league football? Genuine question.

I think he’s probably created a team that passes the ball more in 1 match than any Warnock teams have done in the last 15 years..! Combined..! 

Colin's team can't play football because that pitch was rubbish! Cut up extremely badly. 

As stated no one can deny Colin's record as a manager he can get teams promoted the "ugly way" but it worked for Stoke and they are still in the prem. 

But the way we play football and the exposure we have had could work in our favour as we try and play football the right way. We pushed man City in 2 games when they had to score 2 injury time winners. In todays game they didn't even look like they got out of second gear. 

2 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Colin's team can't play football because that pitch was rubbish! Cut up extremely badly. 

As stated no one can deny Colin's record as a manager he can get teams promoted the "ugly way" but it worked for Stoke and they are still in the prem. 

But the way we play football and the exposure we have had could work in our favour as we try and play football the right way. We pushed man City in 2 games when they had to score 2 injury time winners. In todays game they didn't even look like they got out of second gear. 

The pitch is rubbish because Colin's team doesn't want to play football.

11 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Improved the three teams he has managed. My point is, Colin hadn’t even managed in the league at this stage, certainly not in the second tier.

Archived