IGNORED

Amnesty

redsontour

14 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I didn't choose to ignore anyone.  The general discussion in this thread is about Colin and you postured that because they're higher in the table they'd be a more likely destination than we would.  Obviously Wolves and Derby play very good football (I'm not sure what their record's like for giving youth a chance to argue one way or the other with them...I DO know what Colin is like, however!), but to suggest that because of league position Cardiff would be a more attractive proposition is in my opinion ludicrous!

My posts in this thread simply questioned why we’d get first choice of the “cream of young world greats” when we are having our first decent season in the championship for a decade. I wasn’t talking about Cardiff specifically. Then I said (I certainly didn’t ‘posture’ haha!) that there are three better clubs than us in this division at present, so why should we be guaranteed first pick of the “cream of young world greats” ??

By the way, calling Neil Warnock ‘Colin’ still isn’t funny, never has been....

I was always quite shocked by the amount who wanted LJ out. Then again I have to admit I wasn't going to every game that season and only witnessed a couple of capitulations. Having been fed up of chopping and changing managers I would have rather seen us go down with him though.

The personal abuse he received was and still is unacceptable from grown men on this site.

26 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

I was always quite shocked by the amount who wanted LJ out. Then again I have to admit I wasn't going to every game that season and only witnessed a couple of capitulations. Having been fed up of chopping and changing managers I would have rather seen us go down with him though.

The personal abuse he received was and still is unacceptable from grown men on this site.

Thank you for that brave post that really goes against what literally everyone has said for the last 6 months.

Seriously though, was this supposed to go on a different thread?

40 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

My posts in this thread simply questioned why we’d get first choice of the “cream of young world greats” when we are having our first decent season in the championship for a decade. I wasn’t talking about Cardiff specifically. Then I said (I certainly didn’t ‘posture’ haha!) that there are three better clubs than us in this division at present, so why should we be guaranteed first pick of the “cream of young world greats” ??

By the way, calling Neil Warnock ‘Colin’ still isn’t funny, never has been....

No point arguing with them mate. As you said this is a great first season for us but its all about how we follow it up, if we dont go up we need this form to continue again next season IMO for people to take the club and LJ as serious contenders and not just a flash in the pan. We need to cement ourselves as year in year out promotion candidates like your Derby's are. I think its this one off quote from Pep that everyone is creaming themselves over.. are Man City really going to start loaning us there top young talents? I will believe it when i see it to be honest.

To go from such a horrendous season to such a great one this year is probably being seen as a bit of a strange/weird turn around by many i should think. Lets not start getting cocky and blowing smoke up the clubs ass too much shall we as it wasn't long ago we were an absolute shambles.. lets just enjoy the ride and take it for what it is at the moment.

19 hours ago, redsontour said:

Sorry, who said that? What I said was I’d rather see us play the football we play and I wouldn’t watch a season under Warnock. This isn’t about being promoted under Warnock and not under Johnson. 

Youve answered your own question. Cardiff are 1 above us playing horrible football and, as usual, he’s playing the victim each time they lose.

Whether he’s more effective, been more successful, is more experienced I don’t give a crap. Whether I’m entertained on my weekends off I do.

Personal opinion, but, I find your position as “bizarre” as you find mind. But that’s football. 

Spot on for me too.

I watch football to be entertained.  If that achieves success then great, but I don't want success at the cost of watching crap football.

Ultimately if you measure your enjoyment just in terms of success then unless you are Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc you will be disappointed.

I think you only need to read Warnocks comments re. the Bennett challenge on Sane. We gave Man City a run for their money without resorting to kicking lumps out of them.

If this was a one off no one would have batted an eyelid, but it's Warnocks m.o. bending the rules, badgering officials and kicking long, both the ball and the man. Would anyone really want that type of football at Ashton Gate? Thankfully we don't have to contemplate that now.

Lee Johnson has provided us with some great football this season,but the test will be next season. If we go up he'll have to show he and the club really do have a plan. If we stay down he'll have to replace several important players and still show this season isn't a one off.

As for an amnesty I don't think anyone needs forgiving. Those who wanted LJ out wanted it for the club. Those who wanted Warnock wanted someone who could bring success to the club (and love him or hate him he does bring a degree of that where ever he goes) But for me, I'd rather watch us trying to play the game in the right manner. But each to their own, opinions aren't taxable and differing one make for debate on forums such as this.

Archived